Awoo.

Crash Team Rumble (2023)

Jango

A little quick on the trigger there aren't we?

Guess I can't complain, it's only inevitable, but it's funny how quick it was made. 

• Unamused 1

• The title was changed to Crash Team Rumble (2023)

This looks lame to be honest with y'all. Barely any actual gameplay and the gameplay shown just felt like typical Crash but PVP.

Meh.

Ah, League of Legends-esque. I am not looking forward to this if the f2p leaks were true concerning it.

I'm just gonna put my cards on the table right now

*It'll be F2P

*Many microtransactions on par with mobile gaming

*No Switch version until a year later

*Spyro crossover

If I'm wrong I'll eat a shoe

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I can 100% see Activision being ballsy little shits and charging for the privilege of paying more money in this 

Can easily see them charging through the nose for simply playing as characters outside the base roster.

This looks like the kind of game that will shut down in about a year or two, not really thrilled with what i'm seeing here at all

Well, that was totally underwhelming.

4V4 team based? Not for me. And no real gameplay shown off is concerning - there was nothing here that legitimately looked “exciting”, which is a shame.

CTR 2 or Crash 5 (or even Crash Bash 2) would have been the preferred option personally. But I understand this title as it exists in its present state now is likely down to TFB being more of a skeleton crew these days since a lot of them got shipped to support COD and the like. 

Because of that, I do agree that this does look like the sort of title to slide more heavily into the predatory MTX category, probably moreso than CTR as well… and especially if it goes F2P. So it will be tricky to defend TFB if Activision Blizzard push on them to lean into MTX for this title - and let’s face it, my arguments were sketchy at best when defending CTR:NF a few years back IIRC.

Having a bit more experience on F2P recently (thanks, Fortnite) has helped clarify to me how dangerously expensive and mentally consuming the practise of in game cosmetic purchases are. Real evil lurks in the shadows folks. 

It's funny. Crash Bandicoot fans (mainly on Twitter) have been waiting two years for this. Two years of following rumors, leaks and speculation...all for a game that looks to be free to play garbage trying to capitalize on it being Crash Bandicoot...

And those same people waiting seem to not even be aware of the obvious scumminess that'll come from this game. In face, some seem to be treating it on par with Crash 4.

Funny how that works.

• Thumbs Up 1

I like:

The key art

The 4 designs used

The theme of "heroes vs villains"

That's about it. I wish I knew if this was coming for pc or not. Anyway, online service it is...

If anything, this really makes me want to replay Crash 4.

Looks like a mobile game that made into consoles. Outside of the fancy CGI, the actual artstyle is straight up Crash 4, animations and everything (which isn't bad, just kinda lazy). 

It could be a fun game nonetheless, but it could also be ruined by MTXs along the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, DaBigJ said:

*Spyro crossover

As in, you think Spyro will show up in the game, or we're also getting a proper Crash and Spyro crossover?

We JUST got a new crash platforming game and Activision is already trying to jump genres with Crash Bandicoot. Isn't this kind of thing what killed him in the first place? Why are companies so afraid of making a linear platformer.

Well, at least the cutscenes look like they'll be animated nicely like Crash 4s were...so there's that, I guess. Also, keeping the naming convention of Crash Team [Thing] is kind of neat, I'll give them that.

Spoiler

Now if you excuse me I'm going to start mentally preparing myself for when Crash dies for another 10 years. I wonder what the 2032 remakes will look like.

6 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

We JUST got a new crash platforming game and Activision is already trying to jump genres with Crash Bandicoot. Isn't this kind of thing what killed him in the first place? Why are companies so afraid of making a linear platformer.

Well, at least the cutscenes look like they'll be animated nicely like Crash 4s were...so there's that, I guess. Also, keeping the naming convention of Crash Team [Thing] is kind of neat, I'll give them that.

Reveal hidden contents

Now if you excuse me I'm going to start mentally preparing myself for when Crash dies for another 10 years. I wonder what the 2032 remakes will look like.

I mean Sonic, Kirby and Mario jump genres all the time and get  game releases every year, sometimes multiple per year.  Why is it suddenly a bad thing for Crash to get a game after three years and jump genres?

5 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

I mean Sonic, Kirby and Mario jump genres all the time and get  game releases every year, sometimes multiple per year.  Why is it suddenly a bad thing for Crash to get a game after three years and jump genres?

Because those franchises all have consistency to back them up. Sonic, Kirby, and Mario all have a long line of good games to fall back on if their testing to jump genres fails. And at least when those franchises tried it, it was something that kind of made sense. Racing, RPG to explore their world, etc.

Crash does not have that luxury. Acti just finished rebuilding the good will in Crash games, but they shouldn't be getting this comfortable yet. Especially with trying to make a platforming mascot a league-like esports game.

3 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

Because those franchises all have consistency to back them up. Sonic, Kirby, and Mario all have a long line of good games to fall back on if their testing to jump genres fails. And at least when those franchises tried it, it was something that kind of made sense. Racing, RPG to explore their world, etc.

Crash does not have that luxury. Acti just finished rebuilding the good will in Crash games, but they shouldn't be getting this comfortable yet. Especially with trying to make a platforming mascot a league-like esports game.

Maybe Mario and Kirby do, but def not Sonic outside of the Sumo races lol.

2 minutes ago, mayday2592 said:

Maybe Mario and Kirby do, but def not Sonic outside of the Sumo races lol.

Sonic is a bit more of a stretch yeah, but even then I'd argue he still has games like Gens or Unleashed for recent-ish Sonic games that are seen as good.

Crash has what. Wrath Of Cortex? Twinsanity? If even those?

3 minutes ago, LegoFedora said:

Sonic is a bit more of a stretch yeah, but even then I'd argue he still has games like Gens or Unleashed for recent-ish Sonic games that are seen as good.

Crash has what. Wrath Of Cortex? Twinsanity? If even those?

The gba games were great, and CTTR is dumb fun. Even the mutant games were decent to an extent. Honestly feel Crash didnt fall anywhere as hard as Sonic did when it came to the worst the franchise has  put out.