Awoo.

Assassin’s Creed: Codename Red

CrownSlayers Shadow

Because no one else thought to make a topic for it:

Yo, it’s about damn time!!!

You’d think this would have been the most obvious setting to go next after the Ezio Trilogy, given the roots of stealth and assassinations. That or China. (And how fucking dare they do PIRATES first over NINJAS!!!)

I’ve been waiting since AC: Revelations for them to finally go to Japan, and I haven’t touched this franchise since AC3.

While other games may have capitalized on this missed opportunity (Ghost of Tsushima, which unfortunately I haven’t played, and Sekiro), it’s still great to finally see the Assassins Creed franchise go this route after all this years.

Of course, whether they deliver is another matter entirely. But I’m an absolute sucker for ninjas, and I can’t wait to see more of this.

Also, they’re making one set in China (which was my second favored choice after seeing Shao Jun in the Ezio trilogy) called Jade, which is an open world game on mobile—people are saying that’s a dumb choice for the system, but I actually find it smart considering that gaming WILL be more mobile in the future (how long that’ll take, we’ll see), and it’s just a lot more convenient than lugging a console if you ask me.

Still, I’m more sold on the ninjas.

2 hours ago, mayday2592 said:

What was wrong with the pirate games?

Prior to AC3, all of the games were stealth-based platformers vs action games. They focused on nimble and fluid, by offering a range of abilities allowing you to switch between fast free-running, snappy combat and the means to observe your environment safely. The "pirate games" do away with all of that then they force to slog through heavy and slow naval combat. It's a totally unwelcome, unfun genre shift that I personally can't stand. If an AC game has sailing/boating in the same vein as 3, 4 and Rogue, I'm not interested.

I loved AC1 through Revelations, hated 3, tired of 4 early on and didn't play anything else until Syndicate. Syndicate was great. Stale by that point, but still really good. I only recently started playing Origins and its pretty good. Too much of an RPG for my liking and way too much "open world AAA" bloat, but it's good. I don't want to touch Odyssey and Valhalla because of the sailing. 

The new AC games sound interesting, especially Red for its setting... But I'm not sure that I'll be on board. I like Classic Assassins Creed, not the time-hogging RPG style of the games from Origins onwards. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, mayday2592 said:

What was wrong with the pirate games?

I’m just not interested in pirates.

I was mostly making a “pirates vs ninjas” jab as a joke tho. I’ve never really played Black Flag.