Awoo.

Nickelodeon Kart Racer 3: Slime Speedway (Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox) || "There's 3 of these?"

DaBigJ

There isn't a trailer for this (yet), but when it comes out (most likely very soon) this post will be edited to include it. :)

Rebuilt and re-imagined from the ground up, Nickelodeon Kart Racers returns - bigger and better than ever! Featuring a fully voice acted cast of over 40 iconic characters, drift, slide and boost your way to the finish line on tracks inspired by legendary Nickelodeon shows like SpongeBob SquarePants, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Avatar: The Last Airbender and more!

Voice acted

Includes a cast of over 40 characters

New terrain

Transform your kart or new bike into watercrafts to navigate new terrain

New levels of customization

Pair Raphael with the Reptar mobile, change paint jobs and parts, or dive into millions of other possible combinations

90 crew members

Choose from 90 crew members to match your playstyle with unique special abilities

36 different tracks

Speed down intense slime-filled alternate paths, both new and old

Multi-player

Intense split-screen local and online multi-player

The first two kart racers were...kart racers all right, but I heard the second one was decent.

This sounds like a massive step up, though. The inclusion of voice acting, something that was infamously not in the other two, is such a huge thing...which is actually kinda sad.

• Thumbs Up 1

New terrain

Transform your kart or new bike into watercrafts to navigate new terrain

Oh my god, finally a sequel to Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

But for real, was not expecting this. The first 2 games seemed to have been received okay, but it's so weird they'd make a 3rd entry.. and so soon too. A promise of a rebuilt engine and voice acting sounds like they're trying to take criticisms to heart though, and that's admirable. We shall see how it pans out, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like they saw the reception that Nick All Stars Brawl was getting and it encouraged them to step their A game and try harder with these licensed Nick titles.

• Thumbs Up 1

The likely hood of that is pretty high, yeah, but I think we'll only know for certain when we get our first look at the game in action.

It shouldn't take long, right?

I mean, it's releasing this fall, so we should be seeing something soon.

Though considering how the second game had 30 characters already, I'm guessing they're gonna recycle some models from ASB like Powdered Toast Man or Garfield and call it a day.

It's 2022 and a company as huge as Nickelodeon is using the inclusion of voice acting as a selling point, because the two other games in the series did not. That's shameful. No slight against the devs or anything. It's just a sad example of a company milking their cash cow. 

• Thumbs Up 2

It's sad it took 2 entries for voices to be added. I get it's expensive with these actors, but c'mon Viacom. 

• Thumbs Up 1

We got a leaked boxart (SPOILER TAGGED)

Spoiler

Holy shit Gaffield.

Why on earth would this game be rated "T"?

14 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Garfield is too powerful for a standard E rating

/j

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Mild swearing or usage of tobacco are the only things I can think could bump the rating for a game like this, but i can't think what can fit the criteria. 

SpongeBob driving the Party Wagon. What a time to be alive. Was already considerably more interested in this because of the voice-acting and large character roster, so that pretty fire art definitely intrigues me even more. They should officially announce this already. (I mean, it's already on Best Buy AND Amazon, for crying out loud.)

• 1 month later...

Some screenshots of the game have supposedly leaked

Spoiler

Jimmy FUCKING Neutron babey!!!!!

Those are indeed real. (They're from the game's Target listing.) Boxart has also been confirmed real, except for the rating. (It's rated E as expected.)

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/17/2022 at 2:04 AM, Teoskaven said:

Mild swearing or usage of tobacco are the only things I can think could bump the rating for a game like this, but i can't think what can fit the criteria. 

Yeah, at most, thos would bump things up to E+10.

• 4 weeks later...

Also a peek at the roster from the official site: 

KvbglqN.jpeg

VERY odd that they're keeping characters already confirmed via screenshots (including returning characters from the past two games) under wraps officially. (Probably trying to do a NASB-esque advertising campaign.) Filling in all the mystery spaces with said confirmed characters (like Jimmy Neutron, Chuckie and the other three Turtles) as well as the remaining characters from NKR2 (like Shredder and Heffer) leaves us with just one space, which, judging by how the just-revealed characters seem to draw HEAVILY from NASB's roster (probably for VA convenience,) I'm guessing will either go to Hugh Neutron or Nigel Thornberry. My Filburt and Angry Beavers-loving heart shall go on wanting unless there's DLC, I guess.

Well, if your going all Mario Kart 8, than you get the Pink Gold Peaches to go with it, in Purple Reptar's case.

Seems like my guess of Hugh or Nigel as the final new driver might've been incorrect, as that looks like Cindy Vortex on the left. (With an upside-down Jimmy on the right.)

Edit: Oooooookay, it seems ANOTHER assumption was also off-the-mark! Via the official site, it looks like the game will have a "Turbo Edition," featuring some extra stuff:

etgqzck.jpeg

This includes Zuko and a B&W Raphael as racers, some new kart customization options, and, most Interestingly of all, Fire Lord Ozai and SHREDDER in non-playable support roles! Seems like Saki won't be making the roster jump from 2 and April took his spot! This also gives us extra room for:

SevzJjS.jpeg

...Susie from Rugrats, confirmed by a gameplay snippet ALSO from the official site!

Now I'm wondering if Heffer is a safe bet after all.

• 4 weeks later...

Got the game pre-ordered and loaded on my Switch can't wait for next Friday

I gotta say I am not a fan of them cutting Tommy & Angelica from the roster and wasting 5 slots on alternate skins, Kamp Koral Spongebob n Patrick and Jojo I won't bother with them maybe except Eastman Raph since he looks cool 

But I got Toph, Jenny and Jimmy so I'm set ether way, hoping they do release new racers ala CTR:NF so Tommy, Angelica and Heffer can return as racers I doubt it'll happen but who knows ?