Awoo.

Takashi Iizuka Reveals Hopes of Using Sonic Frontiers Work Towards Future Sonic Adventure Sequel

Sonictrainer

I'd love for an interviewer to ask Iizuka what he thinks what a hypothetical Sonic Adventure game  would be different from, say, Sonic Forces.
Or heck, I'd love an interviewer asking him why fans hate Sonic 4 but love Mania.
I'd be really interested in seeing if he has any hard thoughts on that or if he'd just focus on superficial elements like pixels and Shadow being in it.

I sure would love to be Iizuka and be constantly asked banal questions by hyper fans trying to get me into a "gotcha" that even if I'm capable of answering in a way that will satisfy people will probably be taken out of context anyway and use to prove I'm incompetent and hate Sonic or something.

I respect Iizuka and Kishimoto's transparency into the game's development but I do not envy their position at all lol.

• Absolutely 1

6 minutes ago, NoKaine said:

I sure would love to be Iizuka and be constantly asked banal questions by hyper fans trying to get me into a "gotcha" that even if I'm capable of answering in a way that will satisfy people will probably be taken out of context anyway and use to prove I'm incompetent and hate Sonic or something.

I respect Iizuka and Kishimoto's transparency into the game's development but I do not envy their position at all lol.

Iizuka in particular is in quite an odd position. He's the head of Sonic Team and definitely has good ideas that would prosper if they went unhindered. Sonic Mania being a keen example.

The problem is that SEGA keep pulling mind-boggling executive orders that tend to overturn a lot of what he says which give people the incorrect viewpoint that he's a liar.

Or there are cases where he really does not have a hand in projects despite popular opinions.

Contrary to what a lot of people know, he was not that involved in Forces' development.

It's essentially a glorified middle man position, especially since he sadly doesn't get to really direct specific games' respective developments as it is. And I'd argue, he was definitely good at that too.