Awoo.

Sonic Chronicles to be in Japanese

KIRBY

Hmm... Not too bad looking. I wonder if they fixed a few of the little niggles that others have mentioned in this version? I have heard that in some versions the GUN logo at the base had been updated, when some of the earlier versions still have the emerald shield logo.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JaidynReiman

• Blue Blood

• Gabz Girl

• SuperLink

Hmm, I've not heard of that before. Assumedly it would be fixed though, if some of our copies are. Also, in Japan it's called "Sonic Chronicles: Invaders from the Dark Dimension". Much better than our one.

Well, the japs like more lengthly and unique subtitles for some reason - I mean, take a look at the names of any anime episode ever and compare the Japanese and English versions. The DBZ movies are a good example, "Broly - the Legendary Super Saiyan" was originally titled "Burn Up!! A Close, Intense, Super-Fierce Battle".

That's simply a style of episode title commonly found in many children-oriented anime (or old ones).

It's hardly seen today though.

Anyway, I just caught up the news about this one.

... I seriously do not know what to think of. I know Naka-san would never have let this one slip by. XP;

What I find a bit saddening is that this might reinforce the American stereotype (even though this is more Canadian work). I won't elaborate further on that.

Well, I'll be following the reception closely. Should be interesting.

Wow..I saw some new CG in the trailer..Too bad there are japanese words over it((

Edited by ArtFenix

"Sonic Chronicles: Invaders from the Dark Dimension"

Guh! That sounds really cool! Very..evil.

I love the use of Shade in the logo too. Shade owns ALL. >:3

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully, the game will do better over there. Japan's always been fond of RPGs.

I dont think so. Sonic Chronicles is so much "light" for a JRPG. Dont get me wrong is a good game imo, but not a good RPG, atleast not a japanese RPG.

Going of topic now, but i recently replayed Sonic Chronicles, and it just occurred to me how this game sorta tells us a bit of how Sonic and his gang are actually viewed by the world at large (something we dont see much in other games). It seems they are kinda like a well known, popular group of unofficial (as in, not actually working under any government) heroic swat team whom the military apparently consider trusted enough to work alongside with. I think the Gun commander specifically said something along the lines of that he wanted Sonic to help him "carry out the kind of small scale swat operation you and your team are known for".

Now if only a Sonic game would ever tough upon the subject of just what exactly the relationship is between humans and "Sonic-animals" in general. They seem to live like complete equals, but people (Eggman in particular) seem to point out every now and then how they are in fact something else than humans, by calling them what could probably be considered somewhat derogatory things like "furballs" or "scruffy little forest creatures".

• 2 weeks later...

If anything, the references to other games need to be fixed, I guess. Oh, and maybe different music.

• 4 weeks later...

The site's updated with some character profiles. The first ones (of course) are pretty standard, but I'll be very interested in what they have to say about Shade, Ix and the other Marauders. It looks as though they may just be doing playable characters, but that should still include Shade.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Because of this hedgehog's supersonic speed, he's the fastest in the world. He is dismayed to see troubled people. Last episode, after a battle against Dr. Eggman, Sonic set out on a trip to see the world and seek adventure. After a long period of journeying, he receives a message from Tails, wanting help to save the kidnapped Knuckles. In battle, he uses his speed to move as swiftly as the wind, making it possible to take 3 actions in 1 round. He is an Attack-Type character, unifying his comrades as party leader.

Miles 'Tails' Prower

His two tails are this young fox's trademark. He boasts of his mechs with great enthusiam!

Since Sonic has been travelling, Tails was working on a new mech to help rescue Knuckles. After the Marauders appeared there, and Knuckles and the Chaos Emeralds were snatched away by these unidentified enemies, Tails put out a call to Sonic seeking help. In battle, Tails uses Power Moves to support his friends. He's a Support-Type character, able to make the best use of his high speed and do 2 actions in 1 round.

Edited by Thrippa

That's simply a style of episode title commonly found in many children-oriented anime (or old ones).

It's hardly seen today though.

Anyway, I just caught up the news about this one.

... I seriously do not know what to think of. I know Naka-san would never have let this one slip by. XP;

What I find a bit saddening is that this might reinforce the American stereotype (even though this is more Canadian work). I won't elaborate further on that.

Well, I'll be following the reception closely. Should be interesting.

I think it won't, but we'll see. The fans of Sonic over there will see the inconsistencies in plot/characterization though, so they'll discard it as spin-off.

*sigh* For those who care, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhsL2fld-Wc. Hopefully, the game will do better over there. Japan's always been fond of RPGs.
See why wasn't any of this CGI video like that in the actual GAME!?

Seriously its an RPG, you wanna be able to play it over and over and collect things, like CGI clips or artwork from the game, better items, ect.

The game had good intentions, but ultimately was just another failure.

I doubt this will fare well in Japan, as RPG's go this barely scratches the surface of the usual level of time and depth most RPG's and JRPG's have.

Edited by The-Master-Board

I don't really give a crap about how well it does in Japan. I'm just waiting to see Shade and others' profiles, and I'm curious about any slight changes to the storyline. ;P

Also, there's sure to be Sonic Channel art of Shade soon plus her bio~ X3 *excited*

• 3 weeks later...

Box are looks nicer than the one we got- it's colourful and still dark. I actually have that full picture in poster form up in my room.

That boxart is badass, wish we got the same treatment over here... *Glares at the big-headed shade on the western boxart.*

Wa! Nu Waaaiii!

That is so much awesomer... *looks at the americain version*

Oh god... why do I have a feeling the music will be different!?

Edited by Blue Streak