Awoo.

Pokémon Scarlet & Violet - PLEASE TAG SPOILERS/LEAKS

Sonictrainer

The most surefire way to avoid this bug is to play something else. That also helps you to avoid many of the other glitches and improves the overall experience. 

• Chuckle 2

• 1 month later...

During the debut of the new anime, they decided to tease a brand new Pokémon that will be featured in the DLC.

Besides its appearance and obvious connection to Terapagos, nothing has been officially revealed yet.

Ft7AtL5XsAAjeYV?format=jpg&name=medium

A newly discovered Pokémon appears in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero DLC for #PokemonScarletViolet!

Its splendid aura is reminiscent of the Legendary Pokémon Terapagos, but this Pokémon’s name and true nature are shrouded in mystery…

It is small in stature and not particularly strong ... Apparently, it can also assume a dormant state when it feels that its life is in danger by pulling its head, limbs, and tail into its shell and making itself look like a jewel.

Definitely seems like a Cosmog-type pre-evolution, or maybe a lesser form.  One suggestion I've seen is that you have to go and get all the other type-symbol chunks from Terapagos to add onto it, which is as good an objective as any to crawl over a wide map for.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like 1.3 update is out, and it (finally) fixes a certain amount of bugs.

I'm still only 5 hours into the game... the presentation and tutorial was really nice, now I'm in the open world... am I supposed to feel so lost? I got the 3 quests activated but I'm still bored somehow, like I'm directionless, I like catching Pokemon, fighting trainers and doing tera battles but this is kind of off still.

44 minutes ago, Red Hot Jack said:

Looks like 1.3 update is out, and it (finally) fixes a certain amount of bugs.

I'm still only 5 hours into the game... the presentation and tutorial was really nice, now I'm in the open world... am I supposed to feel so lost? I got the 3 quests activated but I'm still bored somehow, like I'm directionless, I like catching Pokemon, fighting trainers and doing tera battles but this is kind of off still.

I’d say… yes? But it’s not too surprising to feel that way given the open nature direction of Gen 9.

Essentially, this game is their take on Breath of the Wild - but with a few more markers and an endgame you can’t reach without completing the main 3 quest paths. 

There is an “ideal” route to complete the  gyms route  / star bases / herba mystica quests etc… so you can get to the final storyline (which is awesome), but essentially you can tackle this game however you please and go wherever if you want a challenge… or get lost.

There are some areas you’ll come across which will naturally advise to maybe come back later (usually because Pokémon are at a very high level) but you can still push through if you find the right path because you don’t have to engage if you don’t want to. Exploration and discovery is more what the developers tried to push with this entry for better or worse. 

The abilities for Kor/Moraidon gained via Herba Mystica also help to make areas easier to access later in the game and further the exploration aspect… but ultimately your mount not being upgraded isn’t required to complete the other two path quests. 

As for the updates? That’s good more bugs were squashed. But still doesn’t solve the games performance. I wish they could focus on this more than anything so it runs better (and to stop the topography bizarrely melting and contracting in front of my eyes - super weird).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

4 hours ago, Sonicka said:

There is an “ideal” route to complete the  gyms route  / star bases / herba mystica quests etc… so you can get to the final storyline (which is awesome), but essentially you can tackle this game however you please and go wherever if you want a challenge… or get lost.

Eeeh, I beg to differ on that. All the Gyms, Titans and Star Bases remain at a set level no matter which order you go in, so there's still a high chance of you facing, say, a low-ranking Gym Leader, followed immediately by a moderate one, then one of the top Leaders, only to then come up against another low-ranking one and completely curb-stomp them.

Granted, most of the tougher fights are pushed towards the northern areas of Paldea, but that can still result in some absolute pushover fights near the end, depending on the direction the player goes.

16 hours ago, NegaMix said:

Eeeh, I beg to differ on that. All the Gyms, Titans and Star Bases remain at a set level no matter which order you go in, so there's still a high chance of you facing, say, a low-ranking Gym Leader, followed immediately by a moderate one, then one of the top Leaders, only to then come up against another low-ranking one and completely curb-stomp them.

Granted, most of the tougher fights are pushed towards the northern areas of Paldea, but that can still result in some absolute pushover fights near the end, depending on the direction the player goes.

That’s true. It’s more a “in theory” you can take them on however you want - it’s doable, but not without major problems. 

Like you say there is an issue of you either bulldozing or being flattened by the competition for sure (unless you are super smart about it). 

But more or less you have options for what quest markers to tackle in an area first (beatable depending on your level and skill) and as you climb to the north reaches of the map it gets more difficult of course… so there is a sort of progression by heading up? Kind of. 

I will say that it was a shame they couldn’t have at least scaled the gyms as you went, this would have made the most sense to me. But it worked overall (at least, it did with my route as I bounced back and forth between the east and west sides as I travelled north). Not everyone will do that though. 

• 4 weeks later...

After months of waiting, Scarlet & Violet will finally be able to connect with HOME on May 24th

FwaZSNrWwAAk_lX?format=jpg&name=large

Starting 5/24, get special Pokémon when you link Pokémon HOME with Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet!

You’ll be able to receive a Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly with Hidden Abilities as Mystery Gifts in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME.

519.png

Like BRUH. It already was way past its window with no update from the company, this is just a cocky kick in the nuts from that dev at this point 

• Absolutely 1

Wait I’m confused. What was a lie? The  updates to overall performance? 

Unless this sort of patch is being saved for the eventual DLC releases - I don’t think was ever something they were going to do (the wording in various statements on the specific matter are purposely not clear as to what future updates entail).

Regardless of if they actually do this… clearly it’s not a priority, or it’s taking them time (because it is a huge issue overall to fix).

I imagine Gamefreak themselves aren’t exactly pleased with their product, but the Pokemon Company likely don’t care as the game has shipped and oversold beyond what they hoped. To that end the game is in the hands of players now who have paid for it, so they have no obligation to make good and spend their this new profit fixing their broken product. That’s the sad truth. But hey, here’s hoping anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Sonicka said:

Wait I’m confused. What was a lie?

Home got dated then delayed.

Could be related to this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

2 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Home got dated then delayed.

Could be related to this.

Oooh I see. Thanks. 🙂

Well overall that's not really a lie then - releases like this have to be set and announced ahead of time for multiple reasons, and delays happen all the time because of unexpected issues along the way. Can't be helped (but It doesn't surprise me with this game at all that this keeps on happening).

Although tying back in to what I said above - as much as ADORE Sc/Vi, it was clearly not ready to be released into the world in the state it was in last year - especially without Pokemon Home compatibility amongst other issues. I do feel pretty bad for the Gamefreak team on that side of things as it must be doing their heads in (not to mention embarrassing). I would love to see what they could do if given a 5 year dev cycle like Zelda BOTW or TOTK - it could have been magnificent with time considering Gen 9 seemed to be aiming towards that open-air goal.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Sonicka said:

Well overall that's not really a lie then - releases like this have to be set and announced ahead of time for multiple reasons, and delays happen all the time because of unexpected issues along the way. Can't be helped (but It doesn't surprise me with this game at all that this keeps on happening).

It wasn't so much a delay as them just saying there is no solid release date... right after they gave a solid release date.

It's the ineptitude of them announcing the date for the highly-coveted HOME support, then immediately following that by saying "Wait nope, sorry, we don't know when it'll release exactly. Just trust us that it'll be soon" that has people incredibly frustrated. And frankly, I don't blame them.

• Chuckle 1
  • Absolutely 3

Ok, for real this time!

FxAzw77WIAEcCNz?format=png&name=small

Maintenance to update Pokémon HOME to version 3.0.0 is scheduled to begin on Monday, 5/29 at 5pm PT. Pokémon HOME will not be available during this maintenance.

Note that this update could take until 5/30 at 11pm PT to complete. Thank you for your patience.

• 4 weeks later...

While we still don't have a Release Date for any of the DLC, we do get a look of some of the Towns and Major Areas plus a few new Human Characters.

New Human Characters: Cyrano & Lacey

Cyrano

Spoiler

character-cyrano-detail.webpp05_01.jpg

Cyrano acts as the director of Blueberry Academy, which he founded. Having heard rumors about you and your adventures, he visits Paldea to invite you to his institution as an exchange student. It seems that he is a longtime acquaintance of Director Clavell.

Lacey

Spoiler

character-lacey-detail.webpp05_02.jpg

Lacey is a second-year student at Blueberry Academy. She’s a reliable person who shows you around the academy when you first arrive. Her Pokémon battling skills are apparently nothing to scoff at.

New Ability: Toxic Chain

Spoiler

p06_03_en.jpg

Okidogi, Munkidori, and Fezandipiti’s Toxic Chain is a new Ability being introduced in the DLC for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet. When one of these three Pokémon hits an opponent with a move, the power of the toxic chain all three Pokémon have may cause the opponent to become badly poisoned.

Teal Mask DLC Areas: Mossui Town, Loyalty Plaza, & Kitakami Hall

Spoiler

p03_01.jpg

In Part 1: The Teal Mask, players will head to Mossui Town in the land of Kitakami, which will act as their base of operations for the duration of the school trip.

p03_04.jpg

The community center in the middle of Mossui Town is a public gathering place where the locals can get together and chat. There’s also a shop nearby with toys and magazines on display, and just outside town, you’ll be treated to a view of picturesque fields and rice paddies.

p03_05.jpg

There’s a park a short walk from town called Loyalty Plaza, where you can see statues of Okidogi, Munkidori, and Fezandipiti—a trio that the villagers fondly call the Loyal Three.

p03_06.jpg

To the east of the village, you will find Kitakami Hall. This is the venue where the villagers hold the Festival of Masks, a tradition that has been passed down for generations. A variety of stalls appear during this festival, selling everything from candy apples to yakisoba—children and adults alike can enjoy themselves at this event!

Indigo Disk DLC Areas: Terarium

Spoiler

p04_01.jpg

Blueberry Academy, where you go to study abroad in Part 2: The Indigo Disk, is home to a facility called the Terarium, which maintains a variety of ecosystems that provide a livable environment for Pokémon. This world-renowned park beneath the sea was constructed to bolster the learning environment for strong Trainers.

The Terarium is made up of four areas, each of which features a unique climate and ecosystem. The artificial sky projected onto the ceiling and walls changes to reflect the time of day and weather. The temperature of each area is also carefully regulated, and you will find completely different Pokémon in each area.

• Thumbs Up 2

Good to have some updates on these and glad to see it confirmed that part 2 does have an underwater map to explore (neat idea as well).

I’m essentially happy that we have more places to explore, the topography and map design was never an issue for me and I think they excelled in this in the base game. 

The question is will these packs carry over the same performance and glitch problems the base game has? Will they finally be address and fixed in time for the DLC release?

Probably not. But I’m going to end up buying and enjoying this game anyway. My own worst enemy here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I've been saying for the past couple of releases "Well, maybe I won't buy this one" and then I do anyway.  But Pokemon has unfortunately filed away a lot of the parts of the gameplay loop that I like, so it is genuinely harder to appeal to me now.  I pretty much only bought Scarlet and Violet because it was widely reported to have a surprisingly good story.  And it did!  But I am not hooked on the DLC yet; basically the only part of the core experience I like now is hunting for new Pokemon, and if there aren't going to be that many, well, I really do have other things to be playing.

With that said, whether or not I get the DLC, I do like the monstrous appearance of the Kitakami mountain, and the quartered multi-landscape Terarium is a pretty neat idea (and piece of wordplay).  I can allow them that!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

More info on the S/V DLC and some Unite rubbish as per, I expect. I'll probably tune, but I've no hopes at the moment. Just gimme another Legends game, please.

14 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

We're getting another PKMN Presents on Tuesday

inb4 they show more of Detective Pikachu Returns and the Scarlet & Violet expansions

Nice, I’m looking forward to 33 minutes of mobile trash or collaboration announcements with the final 2 minutes dedicated to the DLC part 1 release date.

Hey, if I go in with low expectations then I can only be pleasantly surprised rather than bitterly disappointed.

7 hours ago, Sonicka said:

Hey, if I go in with low expectations then I can only be pleasantly surprised rather than bitterly disappointed.

Look at this guy, thinking that Pokémon won't slip under the lowest of bars. 

• Chuckle 1

• The title was changed to Pokémon Scarlet & Violet (DLC Part 1: Teal Mask/September 13th, 2023) - [PLEASE TAG SPOILERS/LEAKS]

Alright, we got some new information on Events and DLC

New Evolutions: Dipplin & Archaludon

Dipplin

Spoiler

pokemon-dipplin.webpp06_01.jpg

• Dipplin
  • Category: Candy Apple Pokémon
  • TypeGrass/Dragon
  • Height: 1'4"
  • Weight: 9.7 lbs.
  • Abilities: Gluttony/Supersweet Syrup
  • Evolves from Applin

A Newly Discovered Evolution of Applin
This newly discovered Evolution of Applin is distinct from Flapple and Appletun. The head sticking out seems to belong to one of two separate creatures, while the tail belongs to the other. Both creatures help each other out from within their shared apple.

Dipplin Coat Themselves in Syrup
Dipplin coat their apples with syrup produced within their bodies. The layers of fragrant syrup beguile opponents.

Sonictrainer Says:

• I thought it was a regional variant at first but I love this new evolution.
  • I'm going to do a giveaway with Applin in different balls.
  • I wonder if it's Evolution Item is literally a Candy Apple

Archaludon

Spoiler

pokemon-archaludon.webpp17_02.jpg

• Category: Alloy Pokémon
  • Type: Steel/Dragon
  • Height: 6'7"
  • Weight: 132.3 lbs.
  • Abilities: Stamina/Sturdy
  • Evolves from Duraludon

In a Pinch, It Takes On a Bridge-Like Appearance
When in trouble, Archaludon extends its normally bent torso, trading some of its mobility for a more stable center of gravity. While it’s like this, the Pokémon resembles a magnificent steel bridge.

Archaludon Builds Up Static Electricity and Fires a Powerful Beam
Terminals at the ends of its limbs gather and store static electricity, which Archaludon can use to fire a powerful beam made up of electric energy not normally generated within its body. Archaludon can gather static electricity more easily during storms and other inclement weather, allowing it to fire off its beam faster than usual.

Sonictrainer Says:

• The change from a Tower to a Bridge is interesting. I wonder if it's design is related to some kind of Mecha Godzilla thing?

New Paradox Pokémon: Raging Bolt & Iron Crown

Raging Bolt

Spoiler

pokemon-raging_bolt.webpp19_01.jpg

• Category: Paradox Pokémon
  • Type: Electric?
  • Height: ?
  • Weight: ?
  • Ability: Protosynthesis?

It seems you’ll be able to encounter Raging Bolt in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero for Pokémon Scarlet.

Not much else is known about it besides it being a Ancient Form of Raikou

Sonictrainer Says:

• Love the mane turning into a thundercloud scarf. I wonder what its type will be? Will it be Electric/Dragon to match Walking Wake? Or something else?

Iron Crown

Spoiler

pokemon-iron_crown.webpp19_02.jpg

• Category: Paradox Pokémon
  • Type: Steel?
  • Height: ?
  • Weight: ?
  • Ability: Quark Drive?

It seems you’ll be able to encounter Iron Crown in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero for Pokémon Violet.

Not much else is known besides it being a Future Version of Cobalion

Sonictrainers Says:

• Love the morphing horns! Also, curious what type this will be. Will it Steel/Psychic to match Iron Leaves?

DLC Mascot's Different Forms

Ogerpon's Mask

Spoiler

p05_02.jpg

Ogerpon has recently been sighted in its Terastallized state in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 1: The Teal Mask, but its appearance seems to differ from that of most other Tera Pokémon. Exactly what sort of power this Legendary Pokémon possesses is still unknown.

They're keeping the mystery of its face hidden.

Terapagos' Normal & Terestal Forms

Spoiler

p16_01.jpgp16_02.jpg

It’s become clear that this recently discovered mystery Pokémon is, in fact, the Legendary Pokémon Terapagos in its Normal Form! It turns out that the form Terapagos was first discovered in is its Terastal Form. Apparently Terapagos is capable of taking on multiple distinct appearances.

So the form we see in the anime is its Normal Form and the multiple Type Logo Shell form is its Terastal Form.

New Moves: Syrup Bomb & Electro Shot

Syrup Bomb

Spoiler

p07_01.jpg

One move that Dipplin can learn, Syrup Bomb, is a Grass-type special attack that causes an explosion of syrup. This move coats the target in syrup and causes its Speed stat to lower each turn for three turns.

Electro Shot

Spoiler

p18_04_en.webp

Electro Shot is an Electric-type special move, where Archaludon gathers vast quantities of energy and fires off a high-voltage bolt of electricity. Under rainy weather conditions, Archaludon can immediately fire off this attack without having to spend time charging it up.

New Abilities: Supersweet Syrup

Spoiler

p07_03_en.webp

Dipplin’s Supersweet Syrup Ability appears for the first time in Part 1: The Teal Mask. When Dipplin first enters battle, the scent of its syrup spreads across the battlefield, lowering the evasiveness of opposing Pokémon.

New Human Characters Introduced in Teal Mask: Briar & Perrin

Briar

Spoiler

character-briar-detail.webpp04_01.jpg

Ms. Briar is a teacher at Blueberry Academy and is in charge of the school trip you’ll be embarking on. She’ll visit your academy in the Paldea region to meet you before setting out. Briar has an extremely inquisitive disposition and shows a keen interest in the Terastal phenomenon.

Perrin

Spoiler

character-perrin-detail.webpp09_02.jpg

Perrin is a camera-loving traveler with an easygoing personality. It seems she’s in search of a certain Pokémon and wants to take a photo of it.

As some fans have already pointed out, she look like Adamant's descendent.

New Human Characters introduced in Indigo Disk: Crispin, Amarys, & Drayton

Crispin

Spoiler

character-crispin-detail.webpp13_02.jpg

Crispin enjoys cooking and red-hot battles! After club activities are finished, he often puts his cooking skills to work so that he and the other three members of the Elite Four can all enjoy a meal together.

Definitely a Fire Type Specialist

Amarys

Spoiler

character-amarys-detail.webpp14_01.jpg

Amarys is taciturn and keeps her cool in any situation—but underneath that ironclad exterior, she seems to really care about her friends.

Judging by the screw like dreads in her hair, she uses Steel Types

Drayton

Spoiler

character-drayton-detail.webpp14_02.jpg

Drayton may act lackadaisical, but apparently he’s a force to be reckoned with in battle. He doesn’t seem to go to class often, and rumor has it he’s had to repeat a year thrice already.

Of course you need someone to be the Dragon Type Master

Teal Mask Features: School Trip, Orge Ousting, Roto-Stick, & Camera Sidequest

Kitakami School Trip

Spoiler

p03_01_en.jpg

After arriving in Kitakami for a school trip in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 1: The Teal Mask, you’ll get to explore the land’s rich history by participating in an orienteering activity. You and other students will be tasked with traveling the land in search of signboards that depict stories from one of Kitakami’s oldest folktales. As you learn more about the history of Kitakami, you may even unmask its mysteries.

Ogre Oustin

Spoiler

p10_01.jpg

Ogre Oustin’ is a special event that has been passed down as a tradition in Kitakami since long ago. Your goal is to ride on your Pokémon, collect Berries by popping Ogre Balloons, and bring those Berries to the Berry Tables.

p10_03.jpg

As a reward, you can receive mochi that can be used to increase the base points of your Pokémon’s stats—or even Fresh-Start Mochi, which can reset the base points of your Pokémon’s stats.

You’ll be able to try your hand at Ogre Oustin’ with up to three other players online or via local wireless connection. Try using teamwork to take on harder difficulty levels together—for example, some players could focus on popping faraway balloons, while others drive off the greedy Pokémon that come after the Berries you’ve already gathered.

New Photo Options

Spoiler

p11_01.jpg

The Roto-Stick
During your adventure, you can receive the Roto-Stick. It lets you take photos with wider angles, which is great for capturing moments together with your friends or Pokémon. Use the Roto-Stick to take your photos to the next level!

p11_02.jpg

Direct Your Pokémon
You can now tell the Pokémon walking alongside you to wait in place. This can help you set up the ideal angle for your photos.

You’ll also be able to share photos taken during Union Circle sessions with the other members of your group. Why not preserve lots of precious memories with your friends this way?

Camera Sidequest

Spoiler

p08_01_en.jpgp08_02_en.jpg

During your adventure in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 1: The Teal Mask, you will encounter Perrin, a young woman who is visiting Kitakami in hopes of encountering and photographing a certain Pokémon.

Your search for this mysterious Pokémon will take you into the Timeless Woods, a place where the people of Kitakami rarely tread. With Perrin by your side, you’ll be able take snapshots of Pokémon in the area as you seek out the mysterious Pokémon together!

Indigo Disk New Features: BB League, Elite Trials, & New Flying Ability for Boxart Legendaries

BB League

Spoiler

p15_01_en.jpg

In Blueberry Academy’s League Club in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 2: The Indigo Disk, Trainers participating in the Blueberry League—including the Elite Four—get together and train through Pokémon battles. You can also visit the clubroom to meet up with people you’ve encountered at Blueberry Academy and deepen your bonds with them.

p15_03.jpg

You can use the computer in the clubroom to lend a hand to other clubs that need funding for their activities. If you donate Blueberry Points (BP), a currency used within the academy, you may receive thank-you gifts from clubs you’ve donated to. For example, if you donate BP to the Blueberry Academy art club, you’ll be able to redecorate the League Club room.

p15_05.jpg

During your time at Blueberry Academy, you’ll be able to invite familiar faces from the Paldea region for a visit. When you invite a Trainer over, you can talk to them and take photos together. If you defeat one of these Trainers in battle, you’ll also be able to trade Pokémon with them—and you might just see a side of them you hadn’t seen before.

Elite Trials

Spoiler

p12_01.jpg

In The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 2: The Indigo Disk, Blueberry Academy has its own Pokémon battling league called the Blueberry League—aka the BB League—where students battle each other and climb the ranks based on their skills. The school’s top four Trainers are known as the BB League Elite Four, and they’re looked up to by the entire student body.

You’ll receive an invitation to join the Blueberry League from Drayton, a member of the BB League Elite Four. You'll be able to take on the BB League Elite Four in the Terarium, where each biome is occupied by a different member of the BB League Elite Four.

To battle one of the BB League Elite Four, you must first pass their Elite Trial. Each trial is different.

Aim to defeat the BB League Elite Four and become the best Trainer in Blueberry Academy!

New Flying Movement

Spoiler

p12_03.jpg

In order to tackle the Elite Trial set by Amarys, your Legendary Pokémon—Koraidon or Miraidon—can take a supplement that will grant it the power to fly! It seems this power is only temporary, but perhaps someday this hidden potential will be fully unleashed...

Upcoming Events: Clefairy Mass Outbreak, Free Mew, & Mewtwo Tera Raid Events

Clefairy Mass Outbreak Events

Spoiler

p30_01.jpgp29_01_en.jpg

Mass outbreaks are a phenomenon in which many of the same species of Pokémon appear in one location. After the release of The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 1: The Teal Mask for Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet, limited-time mass outbreak events will begin. During these events, certain Pokémon will become more likely to appear in mass outbreaks!

Enjoy a Moon-Viewing Party with Mass Outbreaks of Clefairy!
The first mass outbreak event will feature Clefairy, running from Thursday, September 28, 2023, to Sunday, October 1, 2023. It appears that the full moon calls to Clefairy, causing them to gather en masse.

While you can encounter Clefairy during your adventures in Kitakami, the setting for The Teal Mask, you normally can’t find Clefairy in the Paldea region. During this event, however, you may find mass outbreaks of Clefairy there!

It seems that in these special mass outbreaks, you’ll be more likely than usual to encounter Clefairy with the Upbeat Mark. They must be in high spirits from basking in the moonlight! Make your way around Kitakami and the Paldea region, and catch lots of Clefairy!

• Event Schedule: Thursday, September 28, 2023, at 5:00 p.m. PDT to Sunday, October 1, 2023, at 4:59 p.m. PDT
  • Locations: Paldea & Kitakami

Notes:

• To participate in mass outbreak events, you will need to download and install the latest update data for your game once The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 1: The Teal Mask for Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet has been released. While purchasing The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero is not required to participate in this mass outbreak event, there may be future mass outbreak events that occur only where the events of The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero take place.
  • In order to participate in limited-time mass outbreak events, you need to have downloaded the latest update data and the latest Poké Portal News. You do not need a paid Nintendo Switch Online membership to receive the latest Poké Portal News. You can download the latest Poké Portal News by selecting Poké Portal from the X menu, then Mystery Gift, then Check Poké Portal News.

Free Mew Event

Spoiler

F3AxI5RaYAACCRK?format=jpg&name=large

Players can enter the code GETY0URMEW to get 1 free Mew in their game.

Tera Type, Natures, and IVs are random.

Mightest Mewtwo Tera Raid Event

Spoiler

F3AxZ1NbsAIib0S?format=jpg&name=large

A 7 Star Mewtwo will appear in the games for 17 days.

(Others except Mewtwo will appear during Wave 1 & Wave 2)

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep. That sure looks like more modern Pokémon. Into the trash it all goes.