Awoo.

SSF1991

Did a little recap since we finally got an update on the show.:

Also, apparently, this guy named Cole Harrington worked on the storyboards for the 3rd movie.:

• Thumbs Up 1

49 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

Did a little recap since we finally got an update on the show.:

Also, apparently, this guy named Cole Harrington worked on the storyboards for the 3rd movie.:

Oooh!  Some more news for the Sonic movie franchise!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

Here are some more info. It's look like filming might have been quietly getting started.:

Maybe Jeff's there to overlook the production of the Knuckles show.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, CaptainRobo said:

According to Pat Casey, the script have been finished before the writers' strike.:

He's talking about the third Sonic movie?

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2023 at 9:00 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

He's talking about the third Sonic movie?

Sorry for the late reply. Anyway, yes, he is talking about that one.

Also, it's look like we finally might know when filming for the third movie will begin.:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

No longer going up against Avatar 3 is going to be a boon for Sonic 3.

It probably would’ve still been a success, but now it's got way less competition, which leaves the market much more open on it, and it can potentially make more as well.

• Thumbs Up 2

I made a sort of personal wish list for movie 3:

- Jim Carrey back one final time as Robotnik, exploring his family and bits of backstory, and the ending to act as a proper finale to him

- Christopher Lloyd to return also in the movie to play Gerald Robotnik, and tweak his story a little bit to fit the movie, without changing too much stuff

- Shadow and Rouge as the films main new additions, with moderate to famous (but not exaggerated stars) actors to play them

- Amy and Big in minor/cameo roles: I wouldn't want Amy excluded from the movie but I also don't want an overcrowded movie, 2 added Tails and Knuckles only, I think 2 new CGI character in a major role is enough, plus Big was a cameo idea for both the first 2 movies and was cut, along with an alledgedly expensive cameo scene a la Detective Pikachu, according to the writers

- More game Sonic voice actors to have roles or cameos, especially Roger Craig Smith and Mike Pollock, they deserve it as much as Colleen O'Shaughnessey, Roger could be a live action cameo or voice a CGI character, Mike may get either a "digital version of Eggman" type cameo, Big the Cat cameo (maybe?) or another CGI character

- Music from the games, mostly stage themes that are iconic, I would not be opposed to the addition of classic vocal themes from the games like Live and Learn, but I would not have Crush 40, if Live and Learn were to happen in the movie, I'd make a different remix and have a new singer, either Kid Cudi like in 2 (he's also in the series), or another singer with a brand new version, maybe slightly less rock as well because I think Live and Learn was too much.

- "I'm Blue" used as a song, I've been asking this for 3 times now

- Cut the desert part but keep the Ark, in order to fit into 2 hours, also I would honestly change a couple of things: for example I would have Tom's father fit into Shadow's backstory because of the 50 years mention of Wachoskis, Tom's father was sort of mentioned in both movies, I would have Sonic and Eggman team up in the final battle against Gerald and the Ark, the Biolizard would not make sense because he was a copy of Chaos which is not yet in this universe, I would have Super Shadow push the Ark and fight against Super Sonic until he changes his mind, as for the ending, I would like for Eggman to sacrifice himself and end as some sort of hero maybe, yeah as unlikely as it sound it would be a tribute and a high note to end Jim Carrey with, and I would also keep Shadow's ending intact because it's part of his story... Shadow "dies", and the post credits scene teases his return.

- More GUN Agents, more Agent Stone infiltrated as well, I would like some kind of female partner for Rouge, even though they wouldn't interact much due to the plot of Rouge being with the villains.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/2/2023 at 10:28 PM, CaptainRobo said:

Sorry for the late reply. Anyway, yes, he is talking about that one.

Also, it's look like we finally might know when filming for the third movie will begin.:

So, it's look like the rumors of Sonic 3 starting filming late August are true. Filming is planning to start on the last day of August. Also, Jeff Fowler is returning to direct the next one.:

• Thumbs Up 1

Do you think that the Writers Strike will be over by August?

1 hour ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Good to have updates on that.

Same here good news the film production Is underway starting In 31 August at the location In London. I think we are all looking forward to Sonic 3 🎥 movie and I can't wait to see how Shadow perform his character on the big screen.

1 hour ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Good to have updates on that.

Same here good news the film production Is underway starting In 31 August at the location In London. I think we are all looking forward to Sonic 3 🎥 movie and I can't wait to see how Shadow perform his character on the big screen.

Edited by sonicclaasic
Post went strange and duplicate the quotes
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Found this guy named Andrew Shawley who worked on the show which was recently wrapped filming. This guy have started preparing for filming the movie which is planning to start filming on August. I assume most of the filming crew will return to work on the movie.:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. Great to see Sonic 3 going into production! I'm guessing they're doing some 2. unit stuff first. You don't need the actors for that as far as I know.

If I ever stumbled 3 freaking Sonic figures in the woods like that I'd probably shit myself. 

So, Sonic Movie 3 is actually going in development now?  I thought that they weren't going to start filming until August 31st?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/30/2023 at 2:50 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

So, Sonic Movie 3 is actually going in development now?  I thought that they weren't going to start filming until August 31st?

Well, the sign in this picture said "Sonic 3 Tech Base" and people who spotted the filming set said it was for Sonic 3. I guess they decided to start to filmed some of the scenes early because both Sonic 3 and Knuckles probably have scenes filmed in the same locations. So, I think they decided to filmed both at the same time because they won't need to do it again once Sonic 3 officially start filming. Apparently filming will go ahead despite the strike. However, they will only filmed the scenes with only the CGI characters (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, and maybe a few other characters like Amy and Rouge?) They will start filming in September.

Spoiler

ec3b2c19a05d30e02c891414cc732a7f1b664f38

One of the person who spotted the set said is in Black Park which is very near Pinewood Studios where the Knuckles show was filming.

image.thumb.png.5ab03e32d22ff5ebc54b56bde82f3a03.png

Also, here is more set photos of the filming set. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3e16baf2261dcfba8d856d893a15f796.png

dd7bffc6b969617e763c37be07118dcc967b7600

Also, I found this person who is confirmed working on the movie.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4f78db01e6c66bde01f31173d1f0fada.png

image.thumb.png.acad51f94df95716225447610edf2f4e.png

• Thumbs Up 1