Awoo.

Taglines Directly under Usernames are gone & can't be changed?

Sonictrainer

Recently I changed my Avatar for Spooky Month was going to change my current tagline "Hard Headed Hero" to something Halloween related.

However, the option to edit this is gone...or at least not under "Edit Profile" anymore.

I also noticed that on the forums, I can only see my own tagline under my own Avatar.

Is anyone experiencing this?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Recently I changed my Avatar for Spooky Month was going to change my current tagline "Hard Headed Hero" to something Halloween related.

However, the option to edit this is gone...or at least not under "Edit Profile" anymore.

I also noticed that on the forums, I can only see my own tagline under my own Avatar.

Is anyone experiencing this?

Same thing here.

Checked if it was some kind of permissions thing to see if I could at least edit someone's member title, but I can't. The option wasn't available in the control panel mods use either. Might be something admins have to re-enable.

Can't comment about titles not being visible though, since that hasn't been the case on my end.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Zaysho said:

Checked if it was some kind of permissions thing to see if I could at least edit someone's member title, but I can't. The option wasn't available in the control panel mods use either. Might be something admins have to re-enable.

Can't comment about titles not being visible though, since that hasn't been the case on my end.

Doing some testing of my own - the title being visible seems to be an issue with forum themes. I was unable to see my title using the Knucklehead theme, but was able to see it again when I switched back to the default Stadium theme.

Edit: Actually, weirdly I can now see my title on Knucklehead after doing the switch. Strange.

Are you talking about these member titles (above the member banner and below the avatar)?

Screenshot 2021-10-07 at 09.55.25.png

They appear just fine for me. These member titles have been half-deprecated in recent releases of IPB, but admins have a choice to reinstate them (which I did for these new themes). I'm not sure why it's appearing on some child themes and not others (as all character themes derive from the 'Stadium' default). Maybe it's a usergroup permissions thing? I'll look into it.

I did notice that the Member Title field was set to 'uneditable' by users though, so I've changed that - you should be able to see your member title in your profile now, as well as an extra field to edit above 'About Me' when you click 'Edit Profile' on your own profile page. :) 

• Thumbs Up 3

10 hours ago, Dreadknux said:

I did notice that the Member Title field was set to 'uneditable' by users though, so I've changed that - you should be able to see your member title in your profile now, as well as an extra field to edit above 'About Me' when you click 'Edit Profile' on your own profile page. :) 

Conflicted because now I don't have to be stuck with "owns Sonic Labyrinth" but feeling obligated to let it be known that I own Sonic Labyrinth.

• Chuckle 2