Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

8 hours ago, Ellipsis-Ultima said:

I'm just gonna drop this here: Apparently Colleen O' Shaughnessy has said she's not voicing Tails in the show.

Well. That sucks. Now to be fair this doesn't necessarily mean she's no longer Tails voice, When Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures was on it had a Canadian voice cast for the show but an American one for the games. It's entirely possible that's what they're doing with this. Also I suppose that could also mean Tails isn't in it.

Though I wouldn't be shocked if Sonic is like the only consistent voice across most media now.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Natie said:

"Entire SEGA world to explore"?

Should we take that at face value?

Yes we should.

Can't wait for the Two Point Hospital and Football Manager episodes.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 5

2 hours ago, Johnster4 said:

Honestly it just seems like have been targeting that age rating since colours and its tiring to see long time fans get shafted most of the time, granted they said this would appeal to legacy fans but something in the back of my mind says it's really not going to be the case.

I'm willing to look past that if they have good character development and they take the time to explain things that happen which is something that the games over the last 10 years fail to do.

The series has always targeted that demographic even before Colors.

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Oh yeah, forgot about Canada rules. Something about keeping the productions entirely Canadian, so they have to bring a Vancouver voice cast. Shit. 

Carmen Sandiego's also made by Wildbrain, and that has an American cast.

Just wanted to point out, in case anyone gets too amplified on hype juice, but that tumblr post giving news on Sonic Prime just spun one bit really hard.

image0.png

The above is taken wildly out of context, as that's not what was asked at all. Here's the original post:

image0.png

This tells us basically nothing about the show; whether for or against it being part of the modern Sonic canon. lol Best to assume it's not until you have a reason to.

• Thumbs Up 7

Isn't it possible that Colleen simply hasn't been contacted yet for recording, because the show isn't at that point yet?

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, azoo said:

Just wanted to point out, in case anyone gets too amplified on hype juice, but that tumblr post giving news on Sonic Prime just spun one bit really hard.

image0.png

The above is taken wildly out of context, as that's not what was asked at all. Here's the original post:

image0.png

This tells us basically nothing about the show; whether for or against it being part of the modern Sonic canon. lol Best to assume it's not until you have a reason to.

Wow. People really go overboard with the mis-information. 

I mean it sounds like it's going to be vaguely Modern Sonic based. I'm going to guess that it's like the IDW comics; separate canon, but based on the games as we know them today. So it'll be suitable for a new audience with no really important existing story, but not alienatating to existing fans. But this is all just guess work. Can't say anything for sure right now and I wish people would calm the fuck down.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Carmen Sandiego's also made by Wildbrain, and that has an American cast.

Actually its made in collaboration with American studio NMH and most of the production was outsourced.  The voice studio was Studiopolis. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Isn't it possible that Colleen simply hasn't been contacted yet for recording, because the show isn't at that point yet?

Interesting question, however when people asked her in the past about the Sonic 2 movie casting, which hadn’t been done yet at that point, she replied along the lines of ‘I really hope so!’ and ‘fingers crossed!’ or messages generally along those lines that nothing was decided at that point and she really hoped she would get the contract when casting came around.

Her response to Sonic Prime of ‘No. I’m sorry to say I am not.’ sounds fairly certain that she is not going to be part of it at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's sucks that she won't voice Tails in the TV show. However, I'm still looking forward to what is going to be in the show despite that.

I know somebody probably already brought this up before. I'm going to post these anyway.

So, there is still some hope that she will voice Tails in the games and the upcoming Sonic movie sequel. Don't know why she will get replaced by possibly some random Canadian voice actor that we probably don't know to voice Tails for the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

Given that they swapped out all of the video game actors before just to keep them consistent in the games, I wouldn't be shocked if they did that again. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If Mike Pollock is on the show then there's no way it's a Canadian thing. It's probably just a new cast altogether that'll go for both the show and the games.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, azoo said:

If Mike Pollock is on the show then there's no way it's a Canadian thing. It's probably just a new cast altogether that'll go for both the show and the games.

It bums me out they're replacing everybody (Minus Mike) because everyone was finally getting cozy in their roles too. I genuinely enjoyed the most recent cast and hope the best for them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's starting to look more and more that we're going to have yet another cast shakeup. Which I'm not gonna lie, makes me nervous at this point. I'm not particularly attached to the existing cast, but SEGA has historically handled this sort of thing time and time again pretty poorly.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now that I think about it, what if Sanic will be one of the several Sonics from other universes? He even did a cameo in the movie so I wouldn't be surprised if that happend. It would be hilarious if Sanic became canon lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

34 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Given that they swapped out all of the video game actors before just to keep them consistent in the games, I wouldn't be shocked if they did that again. 

Didn't they smooooothly swapped a few of them couple years ago, like Tails' and Silver's? I'm still not sure if I believe that EVERYONE'S getting replaced just because Sonic has.

• Thumbs Up 3

46 minutes ago, azoo said:

Some Canadian shows will make exceptions for certain actors. But it isn't easy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

Wow. People really go overboard with the mis-information. 

I mean it sounds like it's going to be vaguely Modern Sonic based. I'm going to guess that it's like the IDW comics; separate canon, but based on the games as we know them today. So it'll be suitable for a new audience with no really important existing story, but not alienatating to existing fans. But this is all just guess work. Can't say anything for sure right now and I wish people would calm the fuck down.

I tend to get annoyed whenever people blow things out of proportions without actually getting the real facts. There's only so much the crew can tell the audience without spoiling things for the show. Best to wait until the show airs to see what it's really about.

• Thumbs Up 1

Although, Colleen won't be voicing Tails in the show, she just recently post this. 

So, there is still a chance she could still continued to voice Tails in the upcoming Sonic movie sequel and the games.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 3

Ironic its Sonic Prime on Netflix since Amazon’s video and shipping service is called Prime. No confusion there. 🙄

I mean Microsoft caused confusion by naming the their new console Xbox X Series which is also a name of Xbox One. Lots of moms bought the wrong console and games cause of that. 

I will say this, “Chaos Control!” Companies get your chaotic marketing under Control. 

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Ironic its Sonic Prime on Netflix since Amazon’s video and shipping service is called Prime. No confusion there. 🙄

I mean Microsoft caused confusion by naming the their new console Xbox X Series which is also a name of Xbox One. Lots of moms bought the wrong console and games cause of that. 

I will say this, “Chaos Control!” Companies get your chaotic marketing under Control. 

Prime has always been a regularly used suffix in media, especially where time travel and alternate realities are concerned. This show being called Sonic Prime is a reflection of that and virtually nobody is going very confused about Amazon Prime.

I keep seeing this mentioned and, for real guys it's just not going to happen.

• Thumbs Up 6

5 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Prime has always been a regularly used suffix in media, especially where time travel and alternate realities are concerned. This show being called Sonic Prime is a reflection of that and virtually nobody is going very confused about Amazon Prime.

I keep seeing this mentioned and, for real guys it's just not going to happen.

You gotta admit though in a Amazon Prime agr, that if someone says I’m watching “Sonic Prime,” the assumption is you are watching it on Amazon Prime. 

I am aware Prime has been used for a long time, especially Optimus Prime (Transformers), but nowadays people assume if you add Prime at the end of a show it is associated with Amazon Prime. 

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

You gotta admit though in a Amazon Prime agr, that if someone says I’m watching “Sonic Prime,” the assumption is you are watching it on Amazon Prime. 

I am aware Prime has been used for a long time, especially Optimus Prime (Transformers), but nowadays people assume if you add Prime at the end of a show it is associated with Amazon Prime. 

Seriously?  People will automatically assume that this show is on Amazon Prime, despite the fact that all materials stated that it's on Netflix?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

No, I don't have to admit that. Because I seriously don't believe it to be the case. Watch as mass confusion does not ensue and people all go straight to Netflix as per the marketing or look it up and see that it's a Netflix exclusive. At an absolute worst, a smattering of parents will get it wrong before being corrected by their kids. Or they'll look it up on Amazon, see that they can't find it and then realise it's on Netflix.

Seriously. Nobody is going to be confused by this. You could probably count on one hand the total number of people who purchase Amazon Prime for this thinking it's on that service.

• Thumbs Up 7