Awoo.

Sonic returns to Death Battle

MetalSkulkBane

For those who don't know, Death Battle is a web series where popular fictional characters fight in duels to the death as creators try to mathematically prove which one is stronger. While there is some controversy when they use weird arguments what is canon and what isn't, if you aren't too bothered by this this series is lots of fun.

So far there were 9 fight including Sonic characters. My quick though

Spoiler

In release order

Shadow Vs Vegeta (Dragon Ball)

Spoiler

Shadow lost, but fairly. Fight was amazing and fun to watch.

Sonic Vs Mario

Spoiler

Sonic won and it made sense to me. This time the oldness of the fight is more obvious, but still a cute fight.

Eggman Vs Dr Wily (Mega Man)

Spoiler

Draw, or to be more precise Metal Sonic rebelled and killed everyone. Which is awesome for me.

I do wonder who would win if Metal didn't went Sonic Heroes on us, but frankly there were too many factors to consider. Like, could Egg Fleet just nuke all Wily Forces from far away? Or if different robots were picked? Still, a blast

Tails Vs Luigi

Spoiler

Tails wins, yay. Ironically this fight is way more impressive that Sonic/Mario.

Knuckles Vs Donkey Kong

Spoiler

Knuckles looses....sigh. This is example when DB idea what counts and what doesn't' gets weird, like mixing Main Knuckles and Boom Knuckles. Still, I think by the end Knuckles didn't had any chance, even if they made him smart. DK is just too cartoonishly strong. Knuckles could only win if they let him use Chaos Knuckles from Archie (which would be meh) or going Super Knuckles (and that wouldn't be very sporting).

You know what's real bummer? That they didn't rapped at each other. DK Rap Vs Unknown From M.E.

Shadow Vs Mewtwo

Spoiler

Shadow looses.... again. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. And there are very little chances he'll get a third round.

This is first DB I don't like. Not because Shadow lost. It was logical, Shadow's noggin was always his weakest point.

No, I'm annoyed because
1) that it might be most embarrassing death in DB history. Forgetting who you are and getting impaled byt spoon. Which you know, is me being petty fanboy. I'm  more annoyed that
2) fight was very short and boring, barely letting Shadow do anything. I know it's "logical" for Mewtwo to win quick, but DB always dragged fight for drama, even if one combatant was way stronger. I guess budget was short this time?

Amy Vs Ramona Flowers (Scott Pilgrim Comic)

Spoiler

Amy won and this time I question math in our favor, since her top achievement was throwing Piko Hammer at Eggman Ship during Sonic X season 2 finale. Which was, you know, comical scene. And we have no idea how much hammer weight, but I don't think it's as heavy as Boom and Wiz decided.

Still I'm 70% sure Amy would win anyway and fight was fun.

Metal Sonic Vs Zero (Mega Man X)

Spoiler

Metal Sonic looses. I guess Wily gets his vengeance,

Let me start that I'm honored Metal was even considered worthy to fight Zero. And that fight was awesome and I'm just happy it exist.

With that said I don't agree with a lot of math in this one.
1) For starters they say Zero has speed advantage, because Zero = Mega Man X >> Mega Man Classic >> Quick Man
Ignoring the fact that 'outmatched in speed' is incorrect phrasing (megaman is not faster then quickman, just more skilled), it's also incorrect. In Megaman/Sonic comic crossover "Worlds Collide" Sonic trumpeted Quickman. That means that Metal is faster then Quick Man too and probably his speed should give him an edge over Zero.
2) While Metal Sonic can't hurt Zero, who said Metal Overlord can't? I know Zero fought Sigma many times, but Sigma never had to duel Super Sonic. And while Metal Overlord lost to Super Sonic, the blue/gold hedgehog had a lot of help in that fight.

Sonic Vs Mario (100th episode rematch)

Spoiler

This time Sonic looses.  They used way more math than in the old days. Math is a little weird but basically they say "Mario lives in more cartoonish world and does more stupid feats" so whatever. I'm a little annoyed because between this and Metal, two previous "wins" are retconned as loosing. 3 even, if we count Tails Vs Luigi. As of now only Amy Rose if unquestionable winner.

Fight itself was... idk, I didn't liked it. It was animated for a change and it didn't grabbed me. Also, maybe I'm being fanboy, but I feel like Mario was favored in depiction.

And now we're getting new fight: it's Sonic for a 3rd time... sorta. This time it's ARCHIE Sonic Vs Wally West aka 3rd Flash/ Kid Flash (the one from Justice League cartoon and Young Justice). I'm a little disappointed it's not a next character. I was so hyped that 2020 movie will force them to put another Sonic character. My ideas would be

Spoiler

Rouge Vs Sly Cooper (gaming thieves with gray morality, flirting with the law. Sly has less games, but is main character)

Blaze Vs Azula from Avatar Aang (fire princesses. Azula is sneakier, but  can she kill Blaze before she goes Burning Blaze?)
or Vs literal Flame Princess (Adventure Time)

Cream Vs Flutterhy from My Little Pony (adorable, flying, good with animal and not as fast as cool blue friends of their. Cream has more fighting experience and Cheese, but Fluttershy has more adventures, element of harmony and "The Stare".)

Big Vs Bubsy (memetically annoying cats of gaming. One has puns, other likes to fish)

Omega VS Bastion from Overwatch ("reformed" robots with gun power and possibly little bird near them)
or Vs Vile from Mega Man X (giant arsenal and desire to prove that their the strongest)

Sally Acorn Vs Krystal from Star Fox (furry love interest from freedom fighting teams, Sally has  way more adventures, but did very little fighting and Krystal has actual guns from SF: Assault)

No good idea for Silver. Ness (Earhbound) will probably fight Rasputin (Psychonauts). Lucas from Mother 3? Magneto? That Dragon Ball kid would end too similarly to Shadow Vs Vegeta.

Same with Chaotix. I guess Espio can fight Greninja.

Going back to actual fight, I don't give Sonic much chance, since DC comics are ridiculous. He has only one chance: issue #71. I have no idea what was happening there, but it looked like breaking all laws of psychics . If Wiz and Boomstick interpret this in his favor, he might win. Of course there is a chance Sonic just can't loose

I guess we'll see in 2 weeks from today on 7th October.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MetalSkulkBane

• Sega DogTagz

On 8/24/2020 at 4:37 PM, MetalSkulkBane said:

Going back to actual fight, I don't give Sonic much chance, since DC comics are ridiculous.

and the Archie comic's weren't? Sonic is every bit as ridiculous. I would argue he is even worse. 

I am curious to see how this one goes down. Both Sonic and Wally have enough speed under their belt to exceed human measurement, so arguing which one is faster is almost a mute point. You almost have to throw speed out of the window, and focus on what other things both fighters can do. 

Here is it. Fastest Version of Sonic VS Fastest Version of Flash

And there results are

Spoiler

Wally wins. I knew it. DC Comics are just way more ridiculous and had like 80 years to come up with crazy stuff Vs Sonic's less than 30 years

The only thing that could save Sonic was the "Embodiment of Chaos" thing, meaning that fate itself will allow Sonic to win. But DB explanation makes sense, every big league superhero had to win against fate itself at some point.

Spoiler

Hmmm, I figured the speed would cancel each other out.

I would have thought Sonic's chaos control and reality manipulation would have hard countered Wally's flashpoint ability; but that may be dipping a bit far into hypotheticals. 

My only real gripe with the research and end result would be with Flash's ability to hide/dodge by vibrating into another dimension. Chaos Control had shown dominion over time/space, can and has been fired into other realms of reality (When mogul used chaos energy to wound the ancient walkers whom reside in the chaos force), and breeches other dimensions with ease. ... there is no where to hide from something that can do all that. 

Otherwise Wally has more experience w/ that Infinite speed tier and time travel, so I can live with the conclusion. 

• 3 months later...

Another Sonic-related Death Battle just came out. Shadow the Hedgehog fights his favorite anime girl, Ryuku Matoi from Kill la Kill

My opinion

Spoiler

Well, the fight was pretty sweet. Shadow's personality was a bit off, but nothing I'll lose sleep over.

And hey, he won. Finally something nice happened to Shadow.

Overall it was good, I'm just not sure why I don't 'love' it. Maybe because I figure out before the battle started that he basically can't lose.