Awoo.

Abortion

The Conductor

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the belief that pregnancy from rape is a reminder of the act due to it being that, if she were to carry it to term (and I honestly don't think she should if she chooses not to), she'd essentially be demonizing the child for someone else's crime. And I really hate that mindset.

Try being raped without protection, and see how you feel when you think you might be pregnant with the unborn child of such an abhorrent individual. The fear you feel when you think you're going to miss that first period... and what if you actually know that you're pregnant? Rape is a terrible thing, it makes you feel disgusting, like you can't ever ever get clean. The emotional trauma you suffer is awful and the shame you feel is overwhelming. You are constantly reminded of the event by your own mind. Having a fetus growing inside you, the product of his atrociousness, is a constant reminder of the event, it's a constant reminder of him, and while it might not be a mindset you can understand, it is very real and cannot be helped.

• Thumbs Up 5

I think the worst thing with the whole "rapebaby" thing is the eyes. Imagine if the baby had the attackers eyes. -shudder-

Try being raped without protection, and see how you feel when you think you might be pregnant with the unborn child of such an abhorrent individual. The fear you feel when you think you're going to miss that first period... and what if you actually know that you're pregnant? Rape is a terrible thing, it makes you feel disgusting, like you can't ever ever get clean. The emotional trauma you suffer is awful and the shame you feel is overwhelming. You are constantly reminded of the event by your own mind. Having a fetus growing inside you, the product of his atrociousness, is a constant reminder of the event, it's a constant reminder of him, and while it might not be a mindset you can understand, it is very real and cannot be helped.

Are you implying that I think rape isn't a serious crime and that its not ugly? Because for one, I never said I didn't understand it; I specifically said I hated the mindset because it like they're demonizing the child as well as the aggressor.

That and the rest of your post is just putting words in my mouth that I never implied.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Are you implying that I think rape isn't a serious crime and that its not ugly? Because for one, I never said I didn't understand it; I specifically said I hated the mindset because it like they're demonizing the child as well as the aggressor.

That and the rest of your post is just putting words in my mouth that I never implied.

I'm implying that you don't think carrying a rapist's child to term is a near-constant, 9-month-long traumatic prolongation of that horrible event, that you perhaps don't think that the child's features will always remind the mother of the event and rapist, or bring about postpartum depression, emotional distancing from the child, a weaker or shattered parental bond, or another kid being put up for adoption etc. It isn't demonizing the child, it is seeing in the face (and perhaps also in the mannerisms, speech et al) of that child every day the visage of the low-life piece of shit who did this to you, who changed (arguably ruined) your life forever without a second thought. Sometimes, the rapist wants to see the child, or to have partial custody. Imagine going through that. I can't.

So I take it you didn't bother reading the next paragraph that basically called the act psychological murder and that she shouldn't carry it to term if she chooses not to.

Again, will you stop putting words in my mouth?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

You hate certain pregnant rape victim's mindsets because it's like they're demonizing the innocent child, and I have provided a solid explanation as to why that happens and why it's entirely understandable and pretty well inevitable in many cases.

I wasn't putting words in your mouth either, I was taking what you said to its inevitable conclusion. I know that you called the act that and said she shouldn't carry to term if she doesn't want to, but it was sort of really implied that you didn't think that a rape child being carried/raised was a reminder of the event. I think. Now I'm second-guessing myself.  ._.

You hate certain pregnant rape victim's mindsets because it's like they're demonizing the innocent child, and I have provided a solid explanation as to why that happens and why it's entirely understandable and pretty well inevitable in many cases.

I'm saying I don't like the mindset, yes. I never said I didn't understand why they would feel that way, because they've been psychologically murdered and there's no stopping them from seeing it that way despite not being in their place to know how fearful they are as a result.

My point is that I don't like someone else to be seen responsible for another person's crime, provided that she chooses to carry it to term. Not the victims themselves. So stop twisting my words to make it seem like that.

This week, Rep. Trent Franks held a sham hearing in the House which consisted of old, white men in the House Judiciary Committee engaging in political grandstanding for an anti-choice bill that would ban abortion after 20 weeks.1

This extreme — and blatantly unconstitutional — bill purports to roll back the protections of Roe v. Wade.2 But really, it's just another instance of Washington, D.C., politicians wasting time and money with their showboating attempts to demonstrate to the right wing how anti-choice and anti-woman they are.

Tell Republicans and anti-choice Democrats in the House: Drop your support for this clearly unconstitutional bill to take away a woman's right to choose. Click here to sign this petition automatically.

Rep. Franks stacked the witness list for his hearing with ideologues who are pushing the "fetal pain" concept, which has already been disproven by mainstream scientific study.3 But this unscientific concept is gaining traction in state-based lawmaking, and a Congressional attempt to pass this bill could help legitimize the idea.

Because this bill infringes on Roe v. Wade's requirement that abortion be available up to the point of viability, typically around the 24th week, this bill will never pass constitutional muster.4 But even if pro-choice defenders in the Senate prevail and this bill never makes it past the Republican-controlled House, it will still be used as an excuse to push similar bills in state legislatures.

Tell Republicans and anti-choice Democrats in the House: Stop wasting taxpayer dollars by promoting sham anti-choice bills that will never pass constitutional muster. Click the link below to sign this petition automatically:
http://act.credoaction.com/go/720?t=4&akid=8000.4839745.AXwJ1X

When a woman's right to choose is under attack by right wing extremists, we need to be there to defend it. Even representatives who are staunchly anti-choice need to hear from their constituents that this bill crosses a line. CREDO members have helped defeat other anti-choice measures across the country, and we cannot let the right wing build momentum with symbolic wins like passing this extreme legislation in the House.

Thank you for standing up for women.

Jordan Krueger, Campaign Manager
CREDO Action from Working Assets

• 1 month later...

So let's give this a bump.

Texas senate passes 20-week abortion ban bill
_68710441_68710436.jpg
Supporters of the bill (wearing blue) and opponents (wearing orange) packed the Senate gallery as debate began
Texas legislators have passed a contentious bill banning abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy.

The legislation, which was debated in the state Senate after passing in the House, will also shut down most of the state's abortion clinics.

Republicans had moved quickly to pass the bill after a Democratic senator originally blocked it with a marathon delaying speech.

Governor Rick Perry has vowed to sign the bill into law amid large protests.

The Texas legislation mirrors a series of state laws recently passed in Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma, Alabama, Kansas, Wisconsin and Arizona.

The US Supreme Court legalised abortion nationwide in 1973, but about a dozen states have enacted laws in recent years limiting access to the procedure. Some of that state legislation is tied up in court battles.

This is just... FFFF WHY IS THIS EVEN A THING

And if you're wondering who the glorious man Rick Perry is, look no further than this popular YouTube video he posted asking for a seat in the White House as, y'know, the President.
Edited by Symbotic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Soon the legalization of Man on Woman Rape will come to pass, then mind control, then the stepford housewives scenario where every strong woman is replaced by a subservient android. Slippery slope yes, but I frankly wouldn't put it past these old white men to try to attempt something along this line for their nostalgic dominance of women back in the "good old days".

Edited by 743 ED Missile
  • Thumbs Up 1

I.....

I hate this country. I'm serious this time. Alaska's probably the only safe haven now.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a Christian, but you don't need to be in the pew every Sunday to know there's something wrong in this country when gays can serve openly in the military but our kids can't openly celebrate Christmas or pray in school.

As President, I'll end Obama's war on religion. And I'll fight against liberal attacks on our religious heritage.

Faith made America strong. It can make her strong again.

I'm Rick Perry and I approve this message.

*spills sippy cup*

AAJHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhA

• Thumbs Up 1

I.....

I hate this country. I'm serious this time. Alaska's probably the only safe haven now.

Despite the fact that they have the highest rape percentage of any other state.

Seriously though, this and Zimmerman being found innocent on the same day? Wtf?

Edited by Johnny Boy

tumblr_mpwrx3Uy2U1qdpytwo1_500.jpg

Sums up everything I'm feeling right now. 

I am sick to freaking DEATH of old white guys standing around a table, debating whether a woman should have the choice to control her OWN UTERUS. And I'm not saying this a pro-life or pro-choice. I'm saying this should be down to a woman to have the ability to freely choose what they do when they have a possibility of a baby on the horizon. If you're pro-life, keep it for fuck's sake if it makes you feel a little more saintly inside. But telling a 16 year old girl in America who could have been impregnated through rape she can't get rid of the child she doesn't want and cannot actually support that she's a murderer for considering abortion and making the logical choice regarding HER life? I CAN'T ASFGHJ|K 

Edited by Symbotic
  • Thumbs Up 6

*spills sippy cup*

AAJHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAhA

Dear Rick Perry:

Fix your damn religion first/the mindset of your fanatics first, then we can talk.

Signed,

Someone who doesn't want nutcases ruling the world.

I.....

sarah_palin_nope_poster.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

I'd like to say time will make this better as these old white men die out so we can progress, but that's not necessarily a guarantee of the future to come.

• Thumbs Up 1

And so America takes anther step back into the dark ages..... Is there even any point being surprised anymore?

And so America takes anther step back into the dark ages..... Is there even any point being surprised anymore?

To shock and awe people in doing something towards getting it out of the dark ages?

The thin-lipped, botox-filled, scarecrow-haired woman, who has been doing the rounds on news interviews as an advocate of the ban (IIRC she proposed it?), angers me so much. She looks like the very epitome of a bitter old battleaxe who will do any sneaky ass thing to force her views on others, all while crowing about how she's doing no such thing.

Dear Rick Perry:

Fix your damn religion first/the mindset of your fanatics first, then we can talk.

Signed,

Someone who doesn't want nutcases ruling the world.

So we are nutcases. Okay.

P.S - I was disappointed to hear that Rick Perry said "when gays can serve in the military" like it's a bad thing. It's not.

sarah_palin_nope_poster.jpg

*Sees poster*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ZpsbGr7s8

To shock and awe people in doing something towards getting it out of the dark ages?

Wish that would happen. But not when you have rich conservatives running the country in both parties, a Military Industrial Complex that none of them dare oppose I see very little chance of true change ever happening for America, sorry.

So we are nutcases. Okay.

P.S - I was disappointed to hear that Rick Perry said "when gays can serve in the military" like it's a bad thing. It's not.

America is not supposed to be governed by religion.

America is not supposed to be governed by religion.

That's correct, and I agree with you.

But I think the odds of a publicly non-Christian president ever being elected are only slightly lower than the odds of an openly gay president. Religious influence in politics is far too significant to ignore.

• Thumbs Up 1