Awoo.

What drove you INSANE in a Sonic game?

Ebby

Eggmanland is probably the most frustrating thing that I've ever had to deal with in a Sonic game. The difficulty spike from Adabat to Eggmanland is honestly ridiculous. What the developers were thinking when they made that stage so stupid hard I have no idea.

Nothing in any other Sonic game comes close.

Sorry to tell you with all the others who had a hell of a time in Eggmanland but....

It was clearly created (in the game) by the unique and impressive doc himself. He used every bit of tech he had into his possession with Dark Gaia's power to create this monster amusement park to his image and... yeah the stage is as troublesome as the doc himself so it really doesn't surprise me that this stage alone makes the game greatly challenging.

Abadat had multiple of challenge to it with all the water parts but hey!! if lava wasn't a 1 hit KO nature element, be sure that there would have been a part in Eggmanland where Sonic had to run/skid on it with flying egg robot nearly everwhere shooting lasers at you and freaking moving obstacles all around making the stage even more difficult and longer then it is now.

With that said, okay this stage was insane but with practice it'll turn into a great challenge to you and all the others like in my case.

Sandopolis...Nuff said. If you really want me to explain why, well you can just

it. And here is
Edited by Black suit Shadic

Sonic 2, Master System version. Green hill. Oh this level is in? Sweet. Hey! The backfround music is The song used in the Japanese Sonic CD opening! Awesome! Act 3 already? Well lets approach that boss and OH GOD SPIKES AND SPRINGS! WHERE IS A SAFE PLACE TO LAND!? 12 lives burns down to 4.

With that said, okay this stage was insane but with practice it'll turn into a great challenge to you and all the others like in my case.

I know that, but the simple fact of the matter is the difficulty of the game should go up at a respectable pace. Not go from 'pretty challenging' suddenly to 'What the hell is going on? This is too mu--Shit, I died' the first few times you play it. Not to mention that making the stage take close to an hour long for the average person to complete was just downright stupid.

I'm fine with the stage on it's own, but I think the developers should have at least given you adequate preparation for it.

Probably a time when I was 6 or 7 years old and I played my first Sonic game. Sonic and Knuckles.. *Breath*

One day when I was 6 or 7 my grandma bought me a Sonic Mega Pack with all the shows and movies and all the 2D games with one 3D game with comics, credits, and an interview with the SEGA cast. I went to Sonic and Knuckles and by the time I was on the Last Boss, I was down to one life (and I had 12 lives to start off with <_< ). I kept on losing MAINLY because I didn't know you had to hit his nose lmao. xD

Edited by Omochao

I only discovered recently that people were having trouble on that barrel.....

............ Really???

Still the hang-gliding on Sonic 2 Master System

Edited by Jix Hedgehog

Trying to track down the emeralds in Sonic 1 and 2 on the Game Gear before the internet came along and helped me :lol:

Also that pipe special stage in Sonic Chaos, think its for the 5th emerald.

Trying to get all the Emeralds in Sonic Heroes. Seriously, one hit and the key you lugged around the whole friggin level is GONE? And, if you do make it, you have to mash your controller as fast as you can with terrible controls? HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

HOLAS:

I dare whoever is cool and calm enough to win a championship in sonic riders with the hovercraft without beign frustated even once.

Seriosly, that thing drives me insane and i have to laught just because i don't want to curse in front of my nephews. >_<

Also, try to beat it with japanese voice so you can relax with the melodious voice of omochao...

*pulls out hair just of thinking about that*

Knuckles' glitchy fighting in Sonic Heroes. It's an all right game but sometimes Knuckles' punches home into things not on the platform you're on and you die.

• Bad Quality Post 1

1. All of Sonic '06

I never even finished this game (with any character) because I hated it so much. I almost quit playing right at the first boss, and then I almost quit playing at the snowboarding part at White Acropolis, and then I quit playing entirely once I got to the on-rails part in Crisis City.

2. The barrel in Carnival Night Zone (Sonic 3/S3&K)

Do I need an explanation?

3. The boss at the Night Carnival Zone (Sonic Rush)

One of the hardest bosses I've ever encountered in a Sonic game. I still haven't finished Sonic Rush just because of this boss.

4. Dark Gaia (Sonic Unleashed, 360/PS3)

Another one of the hardest bosses in a Sonic game. I can't help but swear constantly when D.G.'s health is really low and I have to run to him in the shortest time limit possible. This is why I haven't finished Sonic Unleashed yet. Someday I will though.

5. Stage 2 in story mode (Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity)

If Tails moved faster, I would have been through this already. (and BTW, I am using a Gamecube controller, but I still can't win no matter what) So I just decided to watch the cutscenes online to see what happens later in the game.

6. Hanggliding (Sonic 2, GG)

Again, I don't need to explain.

Sonic Unleashed: Chun-nan: Dragon Road: NIGHT. (360)

Just finished it today.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff

well, at least I can play Rooftop Run.

Day.

Sonic Unleashed: Chun-nan: Dragon Road: NIGHT. (360)

Just finished it today.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFff

Have you tried the Chun-nan Night level Act 2 (or 3, I can't remember); the one that's all tightrope-walking and key-carrying?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Have you tried the Chun-nan Night level Act 2 (or 3, I can't remember); the one that's all tightrope-walking and key-carrying?

O.o

That sounds terrible!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

OH GOD. THE HARDEST NIGHT LEVEL EVER. Really, the two Titans at the end of Eggmanland were easier than that.

Well, aside from Eggmanland in Unleashed, one of the only incredibly frustrating moments in a Sonic game would have to be attributed to one of Sonic 06's Silver stages, where you had to use your psychic push to roll the timed balls into the slots to open doors. If the push had been properly programmed, it wouldn't have been an issue, but evidently, that was not the case.

I'm usually quite calm when playing games, but DARK GAIA from Sonic Unleashed took the biscuit! Definitely the most frustrating moment in Sonic's history for me.

cause_of_chaos

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, aside from Eggmanland in Unleashed, one of the only incredibly frustrating moments in a Sonic game would have to be attributed to one of Sonic 06's Silver stages, where you had to use your psychic push to roll the timed balls into the slots to open doors. If the push had been properly programmed, it wouldn't have been an issue, but evidently, that was not the case.

As I was looking through this topic that is exactly what I was going to post, that ball thing was such a pain! I didn't even complete it because I tried for so long. That part of Silver's story alone is probably why I haven't beat the game...

Played Unleashed again today, FFFFF COOL EDGE ACT 2.

WHY is there like, 3 laps of the damn thing?!

Just wait for all the "fun" you'll have going through it again to get all the collectibles. THEN you'll complain for real.

;D

I like the fact that the games are harder again, even if only in optional stages and the last stage. It has a classic feeling. Like Scrap Brain Zone. :(

Played Unleashed again today, FFFFF COOL EDGE ACT 2.

WHY is there like, 3 laps of the damn thing?!

Don't try the DLC version. You'll cry.

That sonofabitch Gaia Golem fight with Dark Gaia.(HD Version)

And that sonofabitch run for hitting Dark Gaia's eye part; especially the thrid run.=皿=+

It ruins the awesome (and fun) fight with Perfect Dark Gaia later on.

Also for Unleahsed, but for the Wii:

Eggman Land. I can't pass the time limit mission...!@#$%^&*

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 years later...