Awoo.

Sonic Adventure DX To Be Remade?

Future

Retail Sonic 06 is technically an alpha build, the finished product had zero input from playtesters, and there were many features yet to be implimented.

^This.

Sure, Nextgen could've been better if it had more time / whatever it took, and actually things such as Sonic's automated scenes in that game could have been nonexistant if they would've actually worked physics into the gameplay. Heck, it would've been a rather decent game, possibly a lot more decent than SA2 (bar the story and such)..

..but it still wouldn't hold a candle to an updated engine of SA1, really. SA1 played near perfect anyways if it wasn't for the physics being a little rough around the edges and the camera being jerky. But hey, I will always excuse SA1 no matter what for those little errors because it was Sonic's 1st true outing into 3D (Sonic World doesn't count as it was really an SA1 beta, and Sonic R was really an F1 racing engine).

Edited by Black Ranger Azukara

I hope it's on the PSP. xD I want a 3D Sonic game on there...

EDIT: if it happens, that is.

Edited by Pok

I mean, take the mach speed sections on 2006. You love 'em, I don't.

- You can only jump in a straight line, adding tons of unnecessary difficulty (and completely illogical since Sonic has always had flexible jumps elsewhere)

- ANYTHING hurts you, which while intentional I understand - again makes no sense from the game world's perspective (Sonic has never been injured for running into stuff before), but also again can be unneccesarily difficult in instances such as the falling cars on Crisis City, where debris flies EVERYWHERE randomly. The only way you could truly predict and avoid these obstacles is with not only extreme memorisation but also learning the way the physics system works.

- And finally you can't say 2006 is without some bad design. The first jump zipper on the Wave Ocean mach speed section has a 50% chance of landing me ON the bridge it passes over causing Sonic to die as a result of a measly wooden fence that you can't jump over after he gets caught in it. And the very final loop, if you don't hit it on the left hand side, Sonic misses the final zipper and you go flying straight into the water.

These are cold hard facts, what do you say really makes up for these glitches?

And what glitches do you get in Unleashed (that everyone else apparently doesn't) that makes it buggier than 2006 in your eyes?

I imagine you've had people ask you this before, in which case I apologise, but, argh, it racks my brain to understand what you see that I don't if you don't be absoloutely precise.

(Also, I apologise if I ever sound annoyed with you - that's only a result of you usually being "Secret Rings and Unleashed are shit, and everyone must have awful taste in games to like these etc etc". You come off as really elitist and closed minded. You can say "I really hate Secret Rings and Unleashed etc" but it's just annoying when people talk about their opinion as if it's fact...).

I won't lie to you: at first I hated Sonic 06. I mean, I utterly loathed it with a vengeance; the bugs were utterly horrendous, and the level design terrible. It is because of this that I understand why you don't like the game - it's just that in the end I wound up seeing something... more. The first few times that I played the game, I felt as though there was something that I overlooked; the pieces of the puzzle were there, but something didn't seem right.

I'm just wondering if anyone here saw Shrek, and if anyone remembers the slow motion segment in the castle; the action slows right down to a superbly dramatic crawl, and bit by bit, begins to pick up speed... BAM! The dragon fires a jet of flame from it's jaws, and the viewer is greeted with a stomach-warming adrenaline rush. That is exactly what it felt like the first time I his the Super-Speed Stages on Sonic '06, and it was that adrenaline rush that spurted off my love for the rest of the game; I grew skilled at the game, and I also became appreciative of the work that Sonic Team put into it - with such a minuscule time frame, and an almost hilariously small budget, it's amazing that the game ended up as good as it did.

Also, JezMM, you can fix the bug on the first dash panel jump by holding the left analog stick forward - in fact, holding it forward all the time on a Super-Speed Stage seriously improves both the playability and pace of the level, and will definitely lead to drastically improved completion times. I'd also like to point out that you are, without a doubt, THE MOST polite internet user that I have ever had the pleasure of discussing games with, and for that I thank you. I also believe that a :D is in order!

Well, if there's one thing I can say that Sonic 2k6 did right was the level design. Stages like Wave Ocean and White Acropolis really had this open feeling to them. That and the music, but this is the Sonic franchise we're talking about so that part should go without saying.

Ehhh no. They were open, I guess, but there were speed pads everywhere so you were always being forced into a single direction so what difference did it make?

He said himself a while ago that he isn't happy with the Quality of Sonic 06 or Sonic Unleashed on the 360 because those games are for the hardcore gamers.

Sonic Unleashed was good though. :(

He said himself a while ago that he isn't happy with the Quality of Sonic 06 or Sonic Unleashed on the 360 because those games are for the hardcore gamers.

[citation needed]

Aww, hell. I missed an "06 is actually good" brawl! :(

So, sadly on topic, I shall opine that this will indeed be a hasty, cash-in port of Ye Olde SA1, with no glitch fixing and a whole boat-load of new ones added on account of the console switch.

Mark my words.

You're probably right, but it'd be nice to think about a Sonic Adventure remake that fixed a lot of it's problems, improved the voice-overs and cutscenes, made levels longer, etc.

I would love a redone SADX, but with Sega's past trends and this, it seems the extent to which they would make changes is not much more than what the Director's Cut did to the original.

If Sega loved us, they would do some fan service and let us play other characters in other levels.

(I kid. It would be a cool addition though.)

Edited by Knuxdude

I posted this in the topic earlier but everyone's seemed to have ignored it; whatever this is has already been completely made for it to have been rated by the OFLC. There's no way a full remake or even a "New Play Control" port could have got to Gold status before SEGA announced it.

If this is just a port of Sonic Adventure DX ill pass. I already have to versions of the game no need for over kill.

Edited by Blazing Sol

I shall opine that this will indeed be a hasty, cash-in port of Ye Olde SA1, with no glitch fixing and a whole boat-load of new ones added on account of the console switch.

Mark my words.

The new glitches I could do without, but if they leave it as the original Dreamcast game - AND IN ONE PIECE - with no alterations, AND sell it for cheap online, I will be a happy bunny.

I wouldn't mind a 360 version with achievements at a cut price. The achievements would provide a list of 'fun things to do' which is what I've always seen them as. Hence why my only two completed games are Pac Man and King Kong XD I don't really care much for whoring them.

It'd be fun to have upscaled quality though. It'd be quite nice to see even a slight improvement in the graphics with some smoothing etc for HD touch, so I'd quite like that.

I'd also buy it because 1) My old Dreamcast version is dead for some reason (WITH NO SCRATCHES!!! O_O). and 2) DX is only available for the Gamecube and I don't like to set up the Wii for one game >.> having it on 360 means a little bit closer to my dream of 'all the games I ever played and had fun with in one box'.

I really REALLY feel like dusting off the old Wii and playing me some SADX now D: DAMN YOU.

I would defanently buy it. After all as long as they don't change the basic gameplay it will sill be a good game.

I'm kinda on the fence about this. I do want new graphics but if the gameplay is shitty then the gimmicks and stuff would go down the drain.

Are you trying to imply that SA1 played crappy? 0_o I must have some magic copies; I have it for DC, GC and the computer, and they all seem to play awesomely. (Unless you mean glitches, then yes, I understand).

They may be very lazy ports, but roughly £10 for those four titles is not a deal to be sniffed at really. So... nice one there I suppose.

God damn it, wake me when they make a Sonic R port that actually works on my Windows XP.

...Oh, I'm not really pissed at SADX not being remade, I totally forgot about that game already.

Although this is somewhat disappointing compared to how awesome a proper remake could have been, I must say the idea of owning all those games on PC legally from such a nice budget price is attractive. I now feel slightly ripped off for buying Mega Collection Plus separately for £5.

So will this be a basic box set with all the original games discs simply squashed together in one big case or is it all the original games and boxes in a bigger box?

Not what I'd expected- but I'd buy that. Riders, SADX, Heroes and MC+ for that little? Yeah, pretty alright.

I have to say as well, it's too bad for PC owners they never released SA2 and Shadow on there. Though then again, Xbox and PS2 only owners can never get the full "Adventure" quadrilogy storyline either...

God damn it, wake me when they make a Sonic R port that actually works on my Windows XP.

It works fine on my XP Home, what's the issue you're having?

May be a bit disappointing we're not seeing something new, but that's a bloody good price for four Sonic games, one of which has all the classics included. I think it's great news. XD

Sonic R works fine for me on PC too, though I did get a re-release, not the original version (one of those re-published dealies where every game has the same box cover - with the original box cover within it - like "Xplosive" and all thems).