Awoo.

Sonic Adventure DX To Be Remade?

Future

Now that the possibility's been brought up... an online Chao garden does sound kinda sweet. Visiting other people's gardens, online Chao races, trading chao and items? It could work.

Seconded.

However, I'm surprised they're even touching a pre Shadow the Hedgehog game, given the circumstances.

Whatever it is, I hope to God they don't re-dub it.

As good as this sounds I do wish they ported SA2B with REAL HD graphics. I've always been a bigger fan of that game over SADX.

Now that the possibility's been brought up... an online Chao garden does sound kinda sweet. Visiting other people's gardens, online Chao races, trading chao and items? It could work.

If they they did nothing but this, I'd pay full price.

Though collecting animals sucks in SA1 :/

As good as this sounds I do wish they ported SA2B with REAL HD graphics. I've always been a bigger fan of that game over SADX.

Oh GOD yes. I've wanted to see Shadow on the Hedgehog Engine forever now.

Edited by Gold Ranger Aquaslash

I already have both the original and DX. The only way I'll buy this is if they fix the bugs, camera, use the Hedgehog graphics engiine, and add some new levels like, say, a complete beta-ish Windy Valley.

If it's just a lazy port like DX, no dice.

If it has the 4Kids actors, I will be skipping it.

Kinda harsh to skip a game over voice actors... I'm sure if it's real, there'll be a Japanese audio option.

So I'm the only one who would want a portable version? Am I the only one with a PSP?
Yes.

Also, as far as VAs? I'd fully support redoing the voice acting with the new VAs. I was playing SADX earlier today, and to be honest, the old VAs were pretty damn crappy in that game. If the choices are to redub with the new actors or keep the original recordings, I'd redub, no hesitation.

Pif, I'd play that game again anyday!

If they want to remake it with better graphics, do that too! ANY REASON TO PLAY THIS MASTERPIECE!

.. just keep Sonic Adventure 2 as far away as possible :)

Yes.

Also, as far as VAs? I'd fully support redoing the voice acting with the new VAs. I was playing SADX earlier today, and to be honest, the old VAs were pretty damn crappy in that game. If the choices are to redub with the new actors or keep the original recordings, I'd redub, no hesitation.

Ya know, it'd be pretty damn funny and awesome at the same time if they make Jason say "Watch out, your gonna crash, ah!" In an incredibly campy tone like the original. That alone would have me sold in a heartbeat. :lol:

Kinda harsh to skip a game over voice actors... I'm sure if it's real, there'll be a Japanese audio option.

You think that's bad? There are some people out there who'll skip games bcause, and I'm serious, Eggman isn't called Robotnik.

You wish I was kidding, but I'm not.

Why does it specificly mentioned DX? DX was horrible. It's on a more powerful system yet somehow it manages to have more slowdown in certain areas than the original. I'm all for a rerelease or remake of Sonic Adventure. Just don't port DX and call it a day though. Ugh.

I hope they don't remake it, everyone has played through that story several times already, instead i hope they make Sonic Adventure 3, incorporating Scourge the Hedgehog from the comics perhaps.

I'm not sure where I stand on this, but I suppose as others would said, it would have to be a significant upscale of the existing versions for me to buy it, especially since I don't have a 360 or PS3.

Incidentally, I was thinking this re-remake (if it even happens) could have been some kind of 10th anniversary (of the game, not Sonic, obviously) special, although it's a bit late for that now unless they suddenly release it by the end of the year.

I hope they don't remake it, everyone has played through that story several times already, instead i hope they make Sonic Adventure 3, incorporating Scourge the Hedgehog from the comics perhaps.

You do know that that won't ever happen, right? There have been at least two 'Sonic Adventure 3's (Sonic '06 and Unleashed) already, and the comics are a totally separate continuity which won't ever cross with the games.

Edited by Mahzes

Mark my words, people, this will be a simple cash-in to the 10th aniversary of SA1.

You're daydreaming if you think it will be anything else.

If it's going to be remade with 360 graphics, far better extras and FAR less glitches, I'll be satisfied and might just check it out. Otherwise...no.

If it's going to be remade with 360 graphics, far better extras and FAR less glitches, I'll be satisfied and might just check it out. Otherwise...no.

I hope it is a true remake instead of another port. Even if it is a port I'll maybe buy it just to surport Sega.

If it's going to be anything, it will be a port to 360 and PS3 DLC to mark 10 years of dreamcast on 09/09/09, I can't see an actual remake, what would be the of updating it a second time?

I sort of hope they leave it be, it was such an amazing game when I was a kid, why bring it back and damage my memories when Im forced to acknowledge how dated and glitchy it is. :(

I'd buy it, but... Isn't that the day that Sonic Knuckles comes out on Live Arcade and whatnot? Strikes me as weird they'd have two such releases on the same day.

By remake, it's "redistribute." No redubbings, new graphics, etc. Trust me.

I'm so very, very sure that you're right on the money. However, I hope we get an actual remake. Like Tomb Raider Anniversary, or Pokemon Leaf/Fire/Heart/Soul. I have wanted to see that for quite some time you know.

Ya know, it'd be pretty damn funny and awesome at the same time if they make Jason say "Watch out, your gonna crash, ah!" In an incredibly campy tone like the original. That alone would have me sold in a heartbeat. :lol:

A similar case happened in one of the recent DragonBall Z games, in which they were remaking a certain famous scene and even though the newly corrected translation suggested saying something completely different - they had Vegeta's voice actor say "It's over 9000!" anyway. Directors seem to get a kick out of that sort of thing, so I can see it happening. :P

I can see either remake or port happening to be honest. If this is a celebration of the Dreamcast I don't think re-releasing a horribly dated game will warm anyone up to it, especially when there are much smoother games they could port to a good reception. What kind of a message is that anyway? "Hey, this was released ten years ago; so have the exact same thing ten years later!". It may have passed in 2003 but we are talking about six years later now - I'd like to think even SEGA are wiser than that.

It was Adventure DX that was rated though, so I figure that means it will still be called Sonic Adventure Director's Cut. This can now go a few ways - either it's the same game released for the Gamecube and if it actually is coming to 360/PS3 a port of a port. Or, it will be an actual remake or at least the same game with more director cutting features.

Nothing much out yet though, so I'll wait and see what develops.

Edited by Tombi

SONIC ADVENTURE DX: DIRECTOR'S CUT CG (Multi Platform)

Classification: G

Consumer Advice:

Category: CG

Version:

Duration: Variable

Date of Classification: 08/18/2009

Author: SONIC TEAM

Publisher: SEGA

Production Company: SEGA

Country of Origin: JAPAN

Applicant: SEGA AUSTRALIA

File Number: T09/4176

Classification Number: 236163

Interesting how SEGA Australia is the source of all this.

I had just assumed that its recent rating was due to it's relatively-recent Zeebo release. But then again, seeing as it's currently only a Brazil-exclusive console, a rating by the OFLC wouldn't make any sense.

Oh, and I also find it quite odd how Sonic Adventure 2 (DC version) was rated by the OFLC back in 05/31/2001, and there's still no rating for the original Sonic Adventure. That, and SADXDC's also being listed as "multi-platform", even though it was an NGC-exclusive.

Why yes, this is quite an odd find indeed. I don't plan on seeing any fancy-pants remakes or anything coming from it any time within the near future though.