Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - E3 Trailer

simtek34

10 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

The springs at the end looks like it launches the racers towards the clock tower, so if I had to make a guess, we could possibly have a transition from the sky portion to the actual Rooftop Run with Sonic and co driving down the tower? Similar to how Sonic grinds down it proper in Unleashed/Gens.

Hmmm, even better, there might even be a shortcut avenue, smashing through the clock's face down to the ground, or some special "grind" down its side as well. But yeah, I'm sure there'll be some flashy transition involving it, or something that gets the characters down to ground level.

1 minute ago, Jack the Maniac said:

Oh yeah, one more thing, the trailer showed everyone playable but the Egg Pawns, seems like they are almost confirmed as NPCs. Good!

i'd actually be a bit disappointed if they weren't playable since they already have models in the game. It's be like if sonic riders didn't let you play as the egg robos even though they were almost the only other opposition you faced besides team babylon/sonic. Nothing wrong with having more options either (and I really like the car the blue one is rocking).

How long do we think this has been in development? I remember Crush 40 teased something a couple of years ago, that they would be returning, it was probably early 2017.

That song in the trailer sound a lot like Live and Learn to anyone else?

That's literally all I could think about when hearing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think the "spring" at the end of the track is just a painting to represent an upcoming jump, rather than an actual spring. Looks pretty flat. I think it's a nice idea. NEAT, actually :)

43 minutes ago, MegasonicZX said:

i'd actually be a bit disappointed if they weren't playable since they already have models in the game. It's be like if sonic riders didn't let you play as the egg robos even though they were almost the only other opposition you faced besides team babylon/sonic. Nothing wrong with having more options either (and I really like the car the blue one is rocking).

I think what they were getting at is that if the Egg pawns aren't playable, then one of the fifteen (base?) slots is taken up by someone else, hopefully someone more interesting than a basic Eggman grunt.

Anyway, game looks good. Not too thrilled about Rooftop Run if it implies that we're just Generations stages again, but considering Planet Wisp is what's being pushed as the main/first stage instead of GHZ, I have confidence we may still be surprised.

• Thumbs Up 3

I love Rooftop Run and all, but I wish they'd show a Classic era track instead. We already got a Modern one with Planet Wisp. Plus, I just find Classic stages being recreated in modern graphics more exciting.

Still, the track looks cool. And I like the Crush 40 theme.

• Thumbs Up 2

I echo the many in welcoming Crush 40 back, its been way too long. The gameplay and video look really good. With Sumo on board again, I’m looking forward to this game.

Considering I literally went "WOAH!" outloud when I saw how pretty it looked, I can't really be mad at the Rooftop Run thing. That's a good thing but I really don't want this to be Team Sonic Generations Racing. 

Although, I guess driving down City Escape with that fucking truck chasing you does sound kind of cool... 

... Alright, maybe just that one but no more.

• Thumbs Up 7

57 minutes ago, Jack the Maniac said:

How long do we think this has been in development? I remember Crush 40 teased something a couple of years ago, that they would be returning, it was probably early 2017.

Yeah, and we all thought that was a main game. Turns out the project was TSR. 

1) Crush 40 coming back is nice, but MARZA actually, like... Animating facial expressions and hand gestures again was even nicer, subtle and miniscule as they may have been. Kind of sad that I have to cite "they can animate facial expressions!" as a major compliment, though.

2) If Rooftop Run actually looks that beautiful in-game I will die.

3) Has it really been 9 years since the last time Crush 40 did a game song? Holy shit.

• Thumbs Up 2

31 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Considering I literally went "WOAH!" outloud when I saw how pretty it looked, I can't really be mad at the Rooftop Run thing. That's a good thing but I really don't want this to be Team Sonic Generations Racing. 

Although, I guess driving down City Escape with that fucking truck chasing you does sound kind of cool... 

... Alright, maybe just that one but no more.

Man, I wanted City Escape day one because of that (also because Crazy Taxi cameos are likely). Not that Rooftop Run looks bad, far from it.

IIRC, there is a City Escape-esque track in MK 8, isn't it?

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Man, I wanted City Escape day one because of that (also because Crazy Taxi cameos are likely). Not that Rooftop Run looks bad, far from it.

I dunno. I don't have any of the Mario Karts. I know some stuff from cultural osmosis but if that's true, that sounds awesome.

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

1 minute ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I dunno. I don't have any of the Mario Karts. I know some stuff from cultural osmosis but if that's true, that sounds awesome.

mario-kart-81.jpg

• Absolutely 1

God, I know it's only cgi but seeing Rooftop Run again was a sight for sore eyes. Gd gorgeous!

Add in the return of Crush 40 and I can't even be mad that we didn't even get any new gameplay. Good trailer.

Though, a part of me was hoping that we'd see actual footage of a new track here. Sort of leads to me believe that what they showed a week or two back was purely to get on top of the Walmart leaks. Like, as if they weren't planning on showing anything till E3.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's so good to have Crush 40 back in Sonic games.

I don't wanna look a gift horse in the mouth here, but part of me does wish they saved that for something big like the 30th anniversary game? Not to say that I'm unhappy with their return, but a racing game of all things seems like an odd choice.

Didn't expect to ever see Crush 40 headlining as Sonic game again, and certainly not this one. The song really caught me off guard and really, really made me smile. Good work!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Way Past Cool 1

This is awesome!

I'm worried about something but perhaps it's not a problem, will they address the 2 worlds issue now that there's Spagonia or they're just gonna make a direct transition to the next zone??

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Marco9966 said:

This is awesome!

I'm worried about something but perhaps it's not a problem, will they address the 2 worlds issue now that there's Spagonia or they're just gonna make a direct transition to the next zone??

Huh, actually between Rooftop Run and Planet Wisp this kinda does look like a portal of some sort.

Screenshot_20180611-143815.thumb.jpg.b5d3d1bc6917df05fb1bd7bb4dde3ae2.jpg

Could be the infamous unseen gate..🤔🤔

But nah, that's probably just how they're going to explain them going to all the different locations. Green Hill to Lost Hex to Planet Wisp to Chemical Plant still kinda needs some kind of explanation, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

High-As-Fuck-Cat-Thing: Here we are in the next leg of the race, in Spagonia.

Sonic: Wait what? Weren't we just in Crisis City, how the fu-

High-As-Fuck-Cat-Thing: I have the power to make the fact that I'm tripping balls effect the way the world works. Next stage we'll be on Titan. Watch out for Thanos.

4 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

High-As-Fuck-Cat-Thing: Here we are in the next leg of the race, in Spagonia.

Sonic: Wait what? Weren't we just in Crisis City, how the fu-

High-As-Fuck-Cat-Thing: I have the power to make the fact that I'm tripping balls effect the way the world works. Next stage we'll be on Titan. Watch out for Thanos.

Donpa the High-As-Fuck appears to have the Phantom Ruby in his possession. Either on his floating chair or on his hat.

Who knows though, maybe this is the magic/high-tech highway that everyone can take to travel between worlds, and this is just what they do all the time. 

Isn't it great SEGA cares enough to quench our thirst for knowledge of that deep Sonic lore in this racing game right after Forces?

• Thumbs Up 1