Awoo.

Team Sonic Racing - Upcoming Sonic Racing Game

Ryannumber1gamer

27 minutes ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Use Team Ultimate Extended Bonus box and item transfer to a mate, then ask for it back. That's all the advice I can give you.

The AI teammates sometimes do well, sometimes they'll do awful and there's nothing you can do about it.

Just focus on finishing 1st. Luckily there are 4 races, so one bad race you can still recover.

EDIT: Also be wary of taking shortcuts. If you are ahead, and you take a shortcut that only certain classes can go through, because the AI would want to get a slingshot, they'll follow your trail and can actually slow them down.

I’ve been using the extended ultimate and transferring items but I haven’t asked for it back. That might give it that extra push.

Thank you 🙏 

2 hours ago, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Use Team Ultimate Extended Bonus box and item transfer to a mate, then ask for it back. That's all the advice I can give you.

The AI teammates sometimes do well, sometimes they'll do awful and there's nothing you can do about it.

Just focus on finishing 1st. Luckily there are 4 races, so one bad race you can still recover.

EDIT: Also be wary of taking shortcuts. If you are ahead, and you take a shortcut that only certain classes can go through, because the AI would want to get a slingshot, they'll follow your trail and can actually slow them down.

THIS WORKS 👆. Thank you so much. Legend.

EDIT: Sorry for double posting. Didn’t see there wasn’t another reply in between. My bad.

Ueah you may want to stick with speed types as it won't tempt you to take shortcuts.

Well, Power types are okay too since the A.I. can easily follow behind you as most obstacles respawn till later, but technique types is a bad idea.

I've noticed that the AI power type teammates usually finish last on your team, so playing as them removes your teams "weakest link".

The best trick to paying with AI teammates is to constantly request and trade items back and forth. Even if you don't need them, just playing hot potato gives you more team ult meter and increases the chances of getting those X3 items, which you can immediately spam the first two and pass the third to keep the momentum going. Everybody wins. Don't wait for the AI to offer an item, continuously demand them. Hammer that circle button like there is no tomorrow.

Something else to keep in mind are the AI death pits. There are a handful of spots on many levels where AI racers will just always go careening off the track (there is a bend toward the end in Sky road where I swear every racer ritualistically suicides every lap). If you use your team ult in these areas, you might make it out unscathed, but your teammates will die, wasting theirs in the process. The swooping S Turns in Ice Mountain and Hidden Volcano are other examples of this.

If you can't save your ults for the last push to the finish line, then make sure you use it in a place where it can best convenience your teammates and not just you. Its tempting to pop your ult when you enter a hazard gauntlet, but you have to account for your teammates too and popping theirs while still in the S turn behind you may not be your best bet and my not allow them to clear the same hazards you are attempting to pass. Better to rely on your skill to do the work, and give as many free passes to the AI as possible to better their placing.

I bought it last week and I have a blast with it. I really like it.

So I've been.... very busy...

I created an hour long analysis of the game. I decided to take a really deep look at this game because on the one hand I think it's a really great game with some amazing design choices, then on the other there's choices which leave me baffled.

I cover the team based mechanics, why they work and why they work really well both in terms of execution and how they're communicated and explained to the player without the need for text based explanations.

I talk a lot about the tracks, I think I've figured out why some tracks seem really dull compared to others, when I discuss Sky Road I talk a lot about how that game just seems to lack any movement or life in the stage, on the other hand there is the incredible Boo's House which is just a masterclass in making a track, it's got tons of life, has a narrative running through it and is one of the few tracks in this game which doesn't feel like a raceway.

That's a big problem I think this game has compared to the others, almost every track in this game feels like a race course was built in a zone. Opposed to ASRT which had courses that felt like the racers were the intruders, or racing around an event that wasn't a race.

There's quite a lot I go over, I know I sound a bit negative on the game but... The core aspect of TSR is really really good. 

And I don't think that the game on the whole is a victim of poor design, because there's so much in it which is designed VERY well, such as how the team play is communicated non verbally and how Boo's House has an amazing hidden story running through it. They clearly had the talent to do some very special things here, but it feels like either their scope was limited or they had a very limited budget to do what they did with ASRT.

I bring up the big legacy problem that TSR currently has, that being, even if you add another 15 characters to the game, who cares? Part of the excitement for new DLC in ASRT was finding out the All Star move of a new character, in TSR everyone shares the same ultimate, it's like if you added a new character to a fighting game and they shared the same finisher... Why would you care as much?

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, seems like Sumo listened to feedback and patched the story mode to swap the skip cutscene / play cutscene buttons to their rightful place in adventure mode at least. 

• Nice Smile 1

Man, I used to be all over team racing & kart titles way back in the day. The last kart game I played was Crash Team Racing for the PS1. I have not touched a racer since. Maybe it  is due to me being PC based for so long. I rarely play on consoles.

On the last world map. So far I have been every map but going through getting full stars on all events. Have 4 stars left. Not a  single mod bought yet.

I know this is more about Team Sonic Racing: Overdrive but I do feel it extremely important to point out that on the stream that the Sonic youtube channel does, Tyson Hesse said that originally when Team Sonic did the Team Ultimate and crashed into Shadow's car, he originally wanted it to fly directly into the Space Colony Ark. 

So I switched to Blaze today...

Holy crap she's like one of the best characters in the game! 

Put the right mods on her and she becomes a diving machine! Great handling and really good top speed. Boost is also a really good for her class too!

4 hours ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

So I switched to Blaze today...

Holy crap she's like one of the best characters in the game! 

Put the right mods on her and she becomes a diving machine! Great handling and really good top speed. Boost is also a really good for her class too!

Yeah she's pretty great ! Metal Sonic and her are the best speed types IMO.

12 hours ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

I know this is more about Team Sonic Racing: Overdrive but I do feel it extremely important to point out that on the stream that the Sonic youtube channel does, Tyson Hesse said that originally when Team Sonic did the Team Ultimate and crashed into Shadow's car, he originally wanted it to fly directly into the Space Colony Ark. 

Guess that was deemed to undignified.

So urm.... Anyone want to try and re-create this!

I want to see just how high they can fly!

2 minutes ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

So urm.... Anyone want to try and re-create this!

I want to see just how high they can fly!

"I am not afraid of heights!"

Related image

Is that the same guy from the other day?

43 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Is that the same guy from the other day?

What do you mean? It's me playing the game.

29 minutes ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

What do you mean? It's me playing the game.

Ah, okay. You uploaded the Big clip as well? 

7 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Finally done. All keys and stars gained and not one mod bought or used.

Congratulations. You successfully gated off a significant portion of the game for absolutely no reason. The mods don't make the game explicitly easier like some kind of handicap, they just let you tailor the vehicles a bit more to your own liking. I really don't get why you chose to do that our why you've been talking about it throughout this thread as some kind of accomplishment.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

32 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Congratulations. You successfully gated off a significant portion of the game for absolutely no reason. The mods don't make the game explicitly easier like some kind of handicap, they just let you tailor the vehicles a bit more to your own liking. I really don't get why you chose to do that our why you've been talking z about it throughout this thread as some kind of accomplishment.

Dude, not to be too harsh, but it's not that serious where you have to talk to him. Granted I think he should have put that in a spoiler tag, but still.

1 hour ago, Blue Blood said:

Congratulations. You successfully gated off a significant portion of the game for absolutely no reason. The mods don't make the game explicitly easier like some kind of handicap, they just let you tailor the vehicles a bit more to your own liking. I really don't get why you chose to do that our why you've been talking z about it throughout this thread as some kind of accomplishment.

I made mention of it twice in here and enjoyed the challenge t of gaining  not any stats boost from mods many said it was hard even with them so I tried it without.  Sorry if my joy rubbed salt

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

I made mention of it twice in here and enjoyed the challenge t of gaining  not any stats boost from mods many said it was hard even with them so I tried it without.  Sorry if my joy rubbed salt

It's confusion, not salt . The mods don't just provide stat boosts - they're hindrances as much as anything. I just don't get what your accomplishment here is supposed to be. Sounds like you're missing out on a lot of the fun by choosing to ignore part of the game.

• Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

It's confusion, not salt . The mods don't just provide stat boosts - they're hindrances as much as anything. I just don't get what your accomplishment here is supposed to be. Sounds like you're missing out on a lot of the fun by choosing to ignore part of the game.

I'm too am very confused 😕

8 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Finally done. All keys and stars gained and not one mod bought or used.

You mad person! With Skillz! 

Spoiler

I've been trying to do the same.

7 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

But you said in your post before this I locked out a part of the game.  If they do not matter why bother to use them. And they do provide boost. In defense, acceleration, etc.  If that's not boosting some stats then they must be for show. The accomplishment for me is finishing everything without using mods to "improve" any of those stats.

2 hours ago, DabigRG said:

You mad person! With Skillz! 

Reveal hidden contents

I've been trying to do the same.

Those worse one was the sky stage with the huge launch at the start. Its target challenge was the worse