Awoo.

Sonic Mania Adventures

Sonictrainer

18 minutes ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

In a lot of the new games...

"New"

Sonic Adventure, Pocket Adventure, and Advance 2.

I'm not so sure about that and that's not very many games.

5 hours ago, StaticMania said:

"New"

Sonic Adventure, Pocket Adventure, and Advance 2.

I'm not so sure about that and that's not very many games.

I dont.mean those games, I mean the ones where hé is poytrayed as dumb , aka Boom Knuckles

Just now, Kellodrawsalot said:

I dont.mean those games, I mean the ones where hé is poytrayed as dumb , aka Boom Knuckles

Boom. Sonic Boom.

A subseries based around changing the characters.

Knuckles is never portrayed as dumb in any game, what he has is a moment in some games where he's dim or hotheaded for the sake of a joke.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Boom. Sonic Boom.

A subseries based around changing the characters.

Knuckles is never portrayed as dumb in any game, what he has is a moment in some games where he's dim or hotheaded for the sake of a joke.

Sonic Lost World, Sonic Generations.

No, definitely not those games.

But I guess getting shoved into a tree by Amy and playing with some animals counts as being dumb...okay then.

8 hours ago, Kellodrawsalot said:

Sonic Lost World, Sonic Generations.

He sorta braggy about his abilities for humors sake but he's not really played that dumb in those games.

I do feel hé was been poytrayed as ""less important/serious? But could be Just me. For the last 8 years I have only liked Knuckles in the comic books and missed how hé was in the older games. Could be im Just wearing my nogastalic glases cause as a Little Girl Knuckles was the coolest of the cool. And that feel is sort of gone.

The problem is less Knuckles is 'dumb' and more he's kind of blandly unintelligent. Only Sonic Boom really defines him as being dumb as a characteristic, but nearly every other modern media shifts him as the designated guy to do the dumb ACTIONS that everyone else chastises (eg. being gullible to Eggman, but only when he's not being good for once, and otherwise being extremely cynical to everybody). He's kind of a low key Wheeler of the group, the guy who shows how NOT to save the day. Everyone else in the team having turns of mocking him over it doesn't help either. That however doesn't mean he's vibrant as a character, he's just a laughing stock.

Hell I could argue Boom Knuckles had it better since he was at least dumb in a way that had a consistent and colourful personality, Eggman tricks him for example, but he tricks everyone according to their vices, it's not just because Knuckles is the go-to whenever a hero needs to do something stupid.

I'm not sure what to make of Mania Adventures Knuckles in that regard, he's still a bone head, but like Boom Knuckles a colourful bonehead with consistent flaws, so not the cool competent Knuckles so many want, but still a fun character.

• Thumbs Up 2

OH BOY!

Five extended remixes of Mania Adventures music and the first one arrives tomorrow.

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!

Well, I think the Big Arm remix from Ep5 is a guarantee. Hopefully the Collision Chaos (Present) remix from Ep6 will be included. Also, how about the Angel Island remix from Ep1.

Which remixes from Mania Adventures would you like to see?

• Thumbs Up 1

@E-122-Psi you worded that perfectly and sort of summing up my feelings Knuckles ussage too :)

also Would love a remix of the theme of Metal Sonic and maybe Rosey's  return, theme. 

Mania flips his gullibility on its head because instead of making things worse, Knuckles actually ends up saving the day because of it 

They took a tired and old running gag and actually used it to resolve the conflict and make Knuckles look unintentionally cool. Its actually really clever lol

• Thumbs Up 3

50 minutes ago, Kuzu the Boloedge said:

Mania flips his gullibility on its head because instead of making things worse, Knuckles actually ends up saving the day because of it 

They took a tired and old running gag and actually used it to resolve the conflict and make Knuckles look unintentionally cool. Its actually really clever lol

I really loved that too, outside of the comic books I found that to be the best Knuckles was portrayed in years. (and they did that without having any dialog!)

It's pretty rad.

I've re-watched all episodes to try and figure out the other four remixs.

I think the Angel Island remix from Ep1 and Knuckles S&K remix from Ep3 would be good choices. The Collision Chaos (Present) remix and (Future) remix from Ep6 could be combined into one track and remixed. I think combining both in this instance could work surprisingly well. As for the fourth track, maybe a remix of the Metal Sonic boss music from ep3 or ep6?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

"Reads description"...Thats not Shadow...Mighty is the new faker. Or is Shadow the faker... My life is a lie.

Are we sure it's season 2 and not a new classic cartoon? I know we are playing safe predictions, but I'd love a full cartoon and Sega would really be stupid if they didn't notice the success of Mania Adventures and make a full series.

Do we even know if it's Classic based? I mean sure they mention it while showing these figures but they also mention the movie.

• Promotion 1

On January 23, 2019 at 5:01 PM, E-122-Psi said:

The problem is less Knuckles is 'dumb' and more he's kind of blandly unintelligent. Only Sonic Boom really defines him as being dumb as a characteristic, but nearly every other modern media shifts him as the designated guy to do the dumb ACTIONS that everyone else chastises (eg. being gullible to Eggman, but only when he's not being good for once, and otherwise being extremely cynical to everybody). He's kind of a low key Wheeler of the group, the guy who shows how NOT to save the day. Everyone else in the team having turns of mocking him over it doesn't help either. That however doesn't mean he's vibrant as a character, he's just a laughing stock.

Hell I could argue Boom Knuckles had it better since he was at least dumb in a way that had a consistent and colourful personality, Eggman tricks him for example, but he tricks everyone according to their vices, it's not just because Knuckles is the go-to whenever a hero needs to do something stupid.

I'm not sure what to make of Mania Adventures Knuckles in that regard, he's still a bone head, but like Boom Knuckles a colourful bonehead with consistent flaws, so not the cool competent Knuckles so many want, but still a fun character.

One reason why I  enjoy Boom Knuckles is that he works as what he was intended to be in the show, and provided some of the wackiest moments. In contrast, games!Knuckles, or to be more precise, the modern version of the character, has been bad used because the people over ST threw away everything about his character just so he could be there along Sonic and Tails for some cheap S3&K pandering, with Knuckle's appearance in 06 being the lowest point with being there just to deliver a letter.

At least the classic version has not fallen victim of this in Mania Adventures, and instead is displayed in a very amusing way with his paranoia or how he'd go as far as punishing little kids who dare to touch his beloved giant shiny rock.

IMO Knuckles is at his best when he is not being shoehorned as "sidekick 2.0" or "Sonic's other best buddy".

Anyway, it looks like there is a trend about making Amy be closer / friendlier to Knuckles, which goes back to one of the last issues of Archie's Sonic Universe. :P

I actually like the idea since Amy seems to be the character that can not only cheer up Knuckles when he's having doubts about his performance as guardian of the ME, or when needing to smash a business owned by a mysterious person that is most certainly NOT Eggman, but also because Amy could be the character that gives Knuckles a reason not named the ME to get involved in the action.

39 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

...which goes back to one of the last issues of Archie's Sonic Universe.

To Sonic X actually, even though it was not a thing after everyone re-united.