Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

I don't think Tails will make it in as DLC because he's still in the background of Green Hill Zone. Of course, it could be an Alfonzo situation but I'll never get my hopes up for Sonic characters again after losing Knuckles and Shadow.

Sora, Rayman, and Shantae are who I want for DLC, but the disappointment I felt cause of the Assist Trophies was too much so all I'll I say is that I hope the DLC turns out to be characters that people want.

In some cases I feel nothing is stopping them from remaking Assist Trophies to be different characters.  "They're already an AT" is a really stupid reason to permanently rule out a playable character idea.  For Spring Man, just replace the AT with Ribbon Girl or another character.  Shadow is a bit trickier, but Silver has used chaos control's warping in 2006 so it wouldn't be a total stretch to use him instead.  There are stranger assist trophy powers (I mean, Skull Kid turns the screen upside-down?  I get the inspiration there for sure but he never does that ever at all even vaguely in his original game).

Of course, just because I say "they're already an AT" is a stupid reason... that doesn't mean Sakurai would, so I wouldn't be surprised if the logic stops there for the development discussions they have behind the scenes.

• Nice Smile 1

11 minutes ago, JezMM said:

In some cases I feel nothing is stopping them from remaking Assist Trophies to be different characters.  "They're already an AT" is a really stupid reason to permanently rule out a playable character idea.  For Spring Man, just replace the AT with Ribbon Girl or another character.  Shadow is a bit trickier, but Silver has used chaos control's warping in 2006 so it wouldn't be a total stretch to use him instead.  There are stranger assist trophy powers (I mean, Skull Kid turns the screen upside-down?  I get the inspiration there for sure but he never does that ever at all even vaguely in his original game).

Of course, just because I say "they're already an AT" is a stupid reason... that doesn't mean Sakurai would, so I wouldn't be surprised if the logic stops there for the development discussions they have behind the scenes.

In the end, it really all comes down to what Sakurai wants. He does do fan service sometimes, like Ridley, King K. Rool, Stage Hazard toggle, etc.

People assume AT means no chance of being a newcomer cause it hasn't been disproved yet. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

I just feel they probably wouldn't have inserted anyone as an Assist/Spirit/costume if they already planned to later give them the ultimate representation of being fully playable; and it seems likely that the five DLC characters are very much planned already.

• Nice Smile 1

1 hour ago, JezMM said:

I feel like people try to assign rules to sakurai despite him breaking them often times. He just hasn't happen to have broken this one yet, but I don't put it past him if he wants to , its his game man.

3 minutes ago, FFWF said:

I just feel they probably wouldn't have inserted anyone as an Assist/Spirit/costume if they already planned to later give them the ultimate representation of being fully playable; and it seems likely that the five DLC characters are very much planned already.

The DLC characters are planned yes, DLC after that we don't know. I figure another ballot will happen, but that's just speculation.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

Theoretically some echo fighters could be added within a patch even!  That is, I'm not sure that the DLC/Fighters' Pass characters will include new echoes, where they are described as being made from scratch.  So, new echoes could be an eventual surprise addition.

I could see Mighty appearing as an echo, I suppose he would be about as small as classic Sonic is to modern, which would be an interesting twist!  ( To some extent I think it is possible Shadow was not upgraded to an echo because, perhaps both to the Smash developers and contacts with SEGA, might have been in agreement that ideally he should have a distinct fighting style!! )  

Echos can’t be different sizes. That’s literally one of the first things sakurai stated when going into detail about them months back. They have the same proportions... how is it we still have so much misinformation regarding echos floating around? They’re not gonna be dlc, they can’t be different sizes, and they’re typically from the same franchises now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KHCast said:

Echos can’t be different sizes. That’s literally one of the first things sakurai states when going into detail about them months back. They have the same proportions...

Or else you get some uh.. wacky shit. Bayonettachu is wild

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Echos can’t be different sizes. That’s literally one of the first things Sakurai stated when going into detail about them months back. They have the same proportions... how is it we still have so much misinformation regarding echos floating around?

Sorry, not everyone reads all interviews. I'm learning about it just right now.

Goodbye dreams of Cranky Kong echo. To beautiful to be real...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I wanted cranky kong so bad

And his smash moves has him like master roshi, where gets buff like his old younger self, but he has a beard. And when he gets the final smash , he turns into a giant DK like the gameboy game and slaps you off the stage

Would be lit

• Fist Bump 1

7 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I mean echos were introduced in the first direct, and this information iirc was also said in that same direct as well. (Could be wrong though, but I’m almost positive sakurai in one of them explained echos and why some are and aren’t echo fighters)

Why Cranky an echo vs a original fighter though?

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Do you really think Cranky would mimic his dopey grandson's moves instead of harnessing his own incredible powers? 

Maybe that's why he's just a Spirit: He knows he's too gud for this game and decided to just lend his skills out instead.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

15 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Do you really think Cranky would mimic his dopey grandson's moves instead of harnessing his own incredible powers? 

Maybe that's why he's just a Spirit: He knows he's too gud for this game and decided to just lend his skills out instead.

To be fair, some of his sons dopey moves are his dopey moves

He is the OG DK from back in the day

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

Maybe that's why he's just a Spirit: He knows he's too good for this game and decided to just lend his skills out instead.

Bah, in his days they didn't had any poltergeists to help. Hints were vague and Nintendo Magazine came out monthly. And they like it that way!

• Thumbs Up 1

I just realized. Why doesn't Sonic have alts of Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, etc?

Seems like such an obvious choice since they refuse to make anyone other than Sonic playable.

You know, considering Magnus from Kid Icarus is a missing assist trophy, wonder if he’d be a viable DLC choice. Though he’d possibly just be another Ike

3 hours ago, JezMM said:

Judging from responses I don't THINK anyone interpreted it this way but re-reading my own post I feel like there's potential for it so just to very importantly clarify, when I say "they're already an AT" is a really stupid reason to permanently rule out a playable character idea, I mean it's a really stupid reason on the developer's part regarding choosing characters to create, not really stupid on a fan's part when speculating what characters won't make it in.

So yeah I totally get why people think that (as you guys said, hasn't been disproven), my post was just saying that I really hope Sakurai and co don't say "Hmm, seems a lot of people want Spring Man... well we already made him an Assist Trophy so, too late" because that's a really stupid reason to not develop the character as playable if they have all the factors going for them to be worth making playable otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just don’t think these assist trophy characters would be making the first wave of dlc. Otherwise, why make them trophies to begin with? 

• Thumbs Up 4

26 minutes ago, Detective Kaito said:

I just realized. Why doesn't Sonic have alts of Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, etc?

Seems like such an obvious choice since they refuse to make anyone other than Sonic playable.

Sega problably has rules like pokemon where the characters can't look wild different

Like if knuckles was in the game, he would have varying shades of red

If shadow was in the game, only his stripes would change color, that sort of thing.

29 minutes ago, JezMM said:

I really hope Sakurai and co don't say "Hmm, seems a lot of people want Spring Man... well we already made him an Assist Trophy so, too late"

If anything, I'm hoping that they use that as a reason to let someone popular but not front cover be the ARMS rep. Like say, Twintelle.

1 minute ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

If anything, I'm hoping that they use that as a reason to let someone popular but not front cover be the ARMS rep. Like say, Twintelle.

As long as Sakurai is on a warpath to flatten every good Smash Brother and Sister butt this time around, would there really any point

• Thumbs Up 2