Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

12 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

Here's the Songlist coming with Sora

FA8oegcWUAA9Ld5?format=jpg&name=large

Mentioned it before, but this was IMO the lamest part - KH has some insane music, and some high-intensity boss themes. While there's a few decent ones here, it sucks that a lot of the properly memorable ones aren't. All of the music is from KH1 too for some reason, barring the MoM version of Dearly Beloved.

Welp, I have two copies of fucking Melody of Memory now.

the servers on GameStop rn are wild and made it difficult to secure a copy of the game (it’s on sale rn, and I had two gift certificates, that made it only 20 bucks)

I am disappointed we didn't get anything post KH1, but I bet the rights situation there is nightmarish.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sora was my number 1 choice, and I also got Pyra/Mythra. I am SO HAPPY!!

It's gonna be weird not seeing Smash Bros in any Directs from now on, but Sakurai needs a break.

I cannot wait for the 18th!

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I am disappointed we didn't get anything post KH1, but I bet the rights situation there is nightmarish.

No Hearts as One makes me a very sad panda 

11 minutes ago, KHCast said:

No Hearts as One makes me a very sad panda 

The lack of "The Encounter" carves some DEEP scars.

32 minutes ago, Soniman said:

Super lame but still better off than OG final fantasy representation 

*sonic cries in the corner*

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Kuzu said:

Sonic at least got music throughout all his games. The only problem is that he got 1 remix from 2007. 

This does feel lame giving that KH has some banger themes and the fact that Rage Awakened wasn’t part of it is a crime 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

Sonic doesn't have it nearly as bad as KH.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sora rejoined up with Cloud in Smash before Square officially brought Cloud back in the KH series after ditching him in 2.

”cloud went to go fight a great battle”

and Sora was jealous and followed 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

”cloud went to go fight a great battle”

And Sephiroth couldn't let the man have shit.

• Chuckle 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

Sora’s DDD outfit has a massive lore bit attached to it

Spoiler

The X on his shirt allows the Organization to track him and keep tabs on him. So does this mean Master Xehanorts just watching him beat the shit out of smash characters for shits and giggles?

• Chuckle 4

Well, this is not exactly what I expected. But at the same time, I didn't think too much about it. Not quite satisfying finale, but you can't please everyone after all lol.

If anything, I'm happy it has finally ended. I think everyone, devs and audience alike, needed a break from this haha.

お疲れ様でした!

Yeah I think that “September” date was because he got spooked and assumed the reveal would be there

Also…is Twitter down for anyone else? Did Sora break Twitter?

Oh okay Nevermind 

Still up for me.

Sora's been trending for days long enough for Twitter to even out though.

Unlike how Steve broke everything.

edit just because:

2 hours ago, Kuzu said:

The true winners of the DLC were Square, cuz goddamn four reps lol. 

Actually the true winners were the weebs.

Me. I'm the weebs.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Too Many Rings 1

I'm really happy with how my boy turned out visually. Sora's obviously a cool anime swordsman but what makes him really special to me is how much whimsy he captures too.

This is also why KH1 Sora feels like the right choice. KH2 onward he leans more toward "cool" but in KH1 he was still a bit more bouncy and fun. The perfect choice for a Nintendo crossover.

• Thumbs Up 5

wow, this actually made me finally change my avi, even tho Halloween is right around the corner lol

God I’m so happy 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

The lack of "The Encounter" carves some DEEP scars.

Squares stinginess strikes again.

• Thumbs Up 1

TBH, I didn’t even realise it was KH1 Sora.

All the costumes just meld to him so well irregardless of his age/model I assumed it was the other way around with KH3 Sora wearing the older outfits 🤣

I’m happy with how he turned out in smash though - I always really disliked the original kid version for Sora in KH1 (especially annoying was the reuse of this model throughout many of the games), that is, until they aged him in later on… which honestly is how he appears to me here. I know that isn’t the case - but the model they’ve created for smash feels like they captured a nice middle ground between the models - or it’s just given me a better appreciation for his KH1 look. 

Either way, it’s great. 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Wait. Are these the original, or 1.5 remixes of the songs?

At this stage, the irony of the 1.5/2.5/2.8 remixes getting into smash instead of MOM would be utterly hilarious for all the wrong reasons. 

• Way Past Cool 1

As predicted, I'm happy for everyone else that they went with such a crowd-pleaser for the final fighter, but sadly for me personally, it's a little bit of a low-note to end on because KH means nothing to me and, even as an outsider, I can see all the concessions that had to be made here, how distinctly lukewarm the fanservice elements are.  It's a shame that, for all his adoration, Sora is a character that they had to go all-out on just to get in the game at all on the legal side, and then couldn't go all-out on with the fanservice/content side.  Stuff like the love and care that went into the costumes clearly bridges the gap a little, but yeah.

Music is one of my favourite aspects in Smash too so I'm a bit cheesed off they locked a song behind owning another product, even when it's a franchise I have no connection to.  The exclusive Spirits are at least added to the random rotation after a certain period so this song lockage feels a little unprecedented.  And yeah, KH is well-known for it's beloved vocal songs, so of course they aren't here lol.

• Thumbs Up 5