Awoo.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - DADDY SAKURAI'S WILD RIDE HAS CONCLUDED

Sonictrainer

38 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I think we can all agree that if Agumon and Professor Layton aren't the last characters, we should riot.

Have fun pretending you disagree with me!

no-84.png

Professor Layton I can smile to. But THAT....ummm

• Thumbs Up 1

If I can do magically get anyone: Sora and Shadow.

More realistically: Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon, but must be together! They inseparable...despite being from different franchises.

Smaller hopes: Well, with Bomberman, Rayman, Shovel Knight and Shantae highly unlikely, my choices are limited...I guess Lara Croft or Klonoa. I'll be quite indifferent for anyone else

5 hours ago, Marcello said:

I think we can all agree that if Agumon and Professor Layton aren't the last characters, we should riot.

Replace Agumon with Crash Bandicoot/Shantae/Frisk and Professor Layton with Phoenix Wright respectively and then we can talk about agreeing.

With all the surprise announcements, we all know Goku is gonna be the final fighter let’s be real guys 

8 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

With all the surprise announcements, we all know Goku is gonna be the final fighter let’s be real guys 

Eh, we already go his face into Smash. So no need. Let the modders handle the rest.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 2

If the last two aren’t Agumon/Crash & Phoenix then this Pass has no purpose.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

Unrealistically:

Either Ryu Hayabusa or Euden and Tails

Realistically:

Ryu Hayabusa and Doomguy (For the music)

Bring on my Ninja boy

• Thumbs Up 3

I will always stan Phoenix Wright. Say what you want, we don't have any lawyers in Smash.

1528814948592.gif

Capcom's library of memorable characters and franchises is second only to Nintendo-- if even that. I wouldn't mind if the next game got turned into NvC. 

3 hours ago, tailsBOOM! said:

Either Ryu Hayabusa or Euden and Tails

This would absolutely infuriate some people, but I'd be down with him too. And not just because Dragalia Lost has been monopolizing my phone's battery for the past 6 months. 

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

Banjo was honestly way more than I expected after this pass led off with Joker, and the DQ Hero was more of a pleasant surprise after rolling my eyes at the suggestion originally, that I can't really ask for much else. The most I'd like to see are either KOS-MOS from Xenosaga, a Tales rep like Lloyd or Yuri, or Amaterasu from Okami (assuming the pass is strictly third-party) but even then I'm not really expecting much else out of this.

To be realistic, there are some reasonable arguments against a namco rep in general despite the demand for a rep from them 

The twitter user is arguing for, but Billy has some fair counter points 

regarding Capcom, I still personally haven’t been convinced that RE isn’t the most realistic option for them, if we go by marketing and promotion. It got a weird push by Nintendo at E3. So yeah, Phoenix is the rubber up, but coming in first for me is still RE

At this point Tales is the only big name JRPG series to not be repped in Smash, I wouldn’t mind if Lloyd made it in.

1 hour ago, Solly said:

This would absolutely infuriate some people, but I'd be down with him too. And not just because Dragalia Lost has been monopolizing my phone's battery for the past 6 months. 

Same here, Dragalia rules. He's the obvious choice for a Dragalia rep but I'd prefer Elisanne because 1. We haven't gotten any female characters in the DLC and 2. She uses a spear!

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, KHCast said:

It got a weird push by Nintendo at E3. 

What? You mean RE5 and RE6 getting ported to the Switch? By that logic, Phoenix has as much a chance what with the HD trilogy being released earlier this year.

8 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

What? You mean RE5 and RE6 getting ported to the Switch? By that logic, Phoenix has as much a chance what with the HD trilogy being released earlier this year.

Regardless of it being 5 and 6, it’s a 3rd party game series, capcom’s best selling, that got a full blown Nintendo supported advertisement compared to all the other 3rd party games. You could have put it in the typical 3rd party montage section of their directs and got the message across, but they instead made a full on 3 minute ad. You can’t just ignore the weird sudden focus on RE from Nintendo. They did this same marketing focus on dragon quest before it got revealed. If Phoenix gets similar treatment with his series, I’ll concede this point, but until that, this is a valid point I’d say in RE’s favor 

Meh Phoenix already got MvC3.  He got his crossover title.

I just need Tails to be complete. Blech Shadow.

But as more likely candidates at this point I side with Ryu Hayabusa and Lloyd Irving.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sakurai already stated regarding Namco reps during Smash 4 there was no one else outside Pac-Man he thought of as viable additions that brought much to the table, and that was while he had the Tales staff including the director iirc, working with him on Smash, so that doesn’t in my eyes put him in a “likely” situation. Things could change over the spam of a game’s lifecycle though, but I feel Namco and their characters are probably in the same position in Sakurai’s mind as before, but Lloyd certainly would be the defacto next Namco Rep if they’re getting someone.

38 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Meh Phoenix already got MvC3.  He got his crossover title.

.....Mega Man and Ryu????

2 minutes ago, Dee Dude said:

.....Mega Man and Ryu????

Exactly don't hog all the crossover spotlight dammit 😜

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

You can’t just ignore the weird sudden focus on RE from Nintendo.

I mean, if you really see it that way.  You're the first person I've met that's come to such a conclusion. And that's saying something, since I even go on Reddit and Smashboards (which I'd basically Smash Conspiracy Avenue).

3 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Exactly don't hog all the crossover spotlight dammit 😜

Ge's only had one fighting game, so it wouldn't really be hogging the spotlight.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Ogilvie Maurice said:

I mean, if you really see it that way.  You're the first person I've met that's come to such a conclusion. And that's saying something, since I even go on Reddit and Smashboards (which I'd basically Smash Conspiracy Avenue

Both papagenos and BillyB0 have addressed this point as well, on top of multiple people in the Smash tweet scene. (Also even if it wasn’t being talked about outside myself, I don’t see how that makes it any less a point that Nintendo were pushing RE more than the the other 3rd parties at E3 in their direct.) Marketing is a huge deal with Nintendo especially when promoting Smash dlc characters, so it shouldn’t take a rocket scientist to find it a reasonable argument that “Nintendo promoting this 3rd party series more than others could give more weight to the characters inclusion in Smash” RE didn’t just out of nowhere become a popular theory. I should know considering just a few months ago I was being shot down constantly for throwing out resident evil as a guess, even with the idea Capcom would likely get another rep going around. NO ONE was theorizing them, come post e3, suddenly it’s now become pretty standard to see Leon/Jill guesses. 

Agree to disagree really. But it's more I don't care for Phoenix nor think he is needed, but I know plenty who do want him so. It's a case of good luck to who you want in.

I wonder if Cranky Kong is a potential character for a theoretical 2nd fighters pass or a Smash 6. I know he had a large following for awhile. 

• Thumbs Up 1

So while there’s still discussion, here’s some Assist Trophies I cooked up:

Spoiler

Dr. Neo Cortex: Shoots three different types of beams that move around in different directions (the green one can be reflected).

Chocobo: Runs around, jumps, and pecks opponents. You can even ride it!

Boo: Takes another fighter’s item and gives it back to you.

Adam Malkovich: Disables a random special move.

Magikoopa: Waves his wand around and something random happens (Giant transformation, flower damage, lava floor, etc.)

Condor (Ice Climber): Swoops in swiftly to rescue a fighter at least three times should they be launched.

Captain N: Fires his NES Zapper, dodges with the jump button, and pauses everyone save his summoner.

Firebrand: Flies around sporadically and shoots fireballs with deadly accuracy.