Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

13 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Bad news, purple dragon fans (or good, depending on your viewpoint): Reignited Trilogy has been delayed to November 13th.

I guess this is the best avenue they could have taken after the download controversy. But I'm happy they get more time to finish the games up.

Well VTNVIVI and myself don't buy that it's delayed for a few reasons.

So since the site is unsecure it's likely false. All official sites that include actual information are all secured.

40 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Bad news, purple dragon fans (or good, depending on your viewpoint): Reignited Trilogy has been delayed to November 13th.

I guess this is the best avenue they could have taken after the download controversy. But I'm happy they get more time to finish the games up.

Good. Now hopefully we'll get an actual proper physical release and not the entitled bullshit that Activision were trying to farm out as a crop for sales.

Apparently they've said there's "still going to be a download." Which theoretically could mean anything, but for now it's probably safer to assume things haven't changed on that front. We can hope though!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Celestia said:

Apparently they've said there's "still going to be a download." Which theoretically could mean anything, but for now it's probably safer to assume things haven't changed on that front. We can hope though!

If anything, it definitely proves that as many feared, the game isn't in up to snuff condition and so of course Activision were going to go about it in the Capcom-esque, "bandaid-on-a-gun-wound" solution and out physical buyers through an insane download session. Heck, might've gone for even digital consumers.

So, when they got caught, voila, the delay. Not that Activision deserve credit for doing what they should've done in the first place.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

Yeah, man, it's straight from the horse's mouth this time. Check the link for yourself.

Okay I didn't know that it was officially confirmed for delay, at least it wasn't 2019 like the false post.

Anyways so I guess it was delayed until November 13th. That does put it away from other competition. Plus maybe we'll get more of a physical release and less of a digital release with this new date. Also there are now chances that the trilogy will be at Paris Games Week.

I'm just glad their taking their time with this trilogy.

Have to admit the delay doesn't surprise me. Everything they've shown-off so far looks excellent, however, with all this "download" controversy (not that I'm suggesting this is the reason for delay) it kinda gave the impression that Activision were trying to rush the game out in September purely because it would be exactly 20 years after the release of the original game.

The delay is an extra 8 weeks (which was shorter than Mania's three-month delay), so it's not the longest wait. The reignited trilogy deserves to be as polished as it can be prior to release, and all three games should be on the disc upon release regardless whether a day-one patch is needed. Activision have made a shit-ton of money with the N-Sane trilogy and the same opportunity is there for the Reignited trilogy, so they'd better not fuck this up.

• Thumbs Up 1

The game is probably fine. Just probabaly ironing out bugs. Highly highly doubt it has anything to do with a physical version. Especially that short a delay

I'm on the fence, because obviously I wanna play this ASAP. On the other hand, it's kind of amazing of Activision giving the devs more time to polish and refine the game, perhaps even sort the download matter.

I'm not even mad, because september has also Spiderman 😀 And october has Red Dead Redemption 2. 

Just fix the text box, TFB!

I dunno, one is a sequel to a game that didn’t sell that well IIRC, one is on one console and the other requires online to play.

Its original date was surrounded by big games too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty thankful for the delay honestly. Disc controversy aside it's clear to me that they need more time to polish things up a fair bit. So much of what we've seen over  the past few months has been altered, updated and even changed completely in some cases. These are pretty big games and when you get right down to it we've barely seen a 3rd of each of them. With the little we've seen being constantly changed I've been fairly curious as to how much work they still have yet to do. This delay should be good for the development.

I am aware that anther reason for not showing off too much of the games is to keep the majority of them a surprise but I still stand by what I said.

That release window is pretty damn harsh though...

14 minutes ago, AlphaRuby said:

I dunno, one is a sequel to a game that didn’t sell that well IIRC, one is on one console and the other requires online to play.

Its original date was surrounded by big games too.

Hitman had 7 million players as of 2017 and 13 million as of earlier this year. 

https://www.destructoid.com/hitman-has-passed-13-million-players-504583.phtml

2 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

The only problem I have with the new release date is this:

They are practically sending it out to die.

The original was crunched between Spiderman, which has a big fan following, and Red Dead Redemption 2, which was one of the most asked sequels of all time.

In comparison, Hitman lost a lot of steam considering how we don't hear much about it anymore, and Pokemon Let's Go is pretty divisive on the fandom.

The only issue is Fallout 76, which is different enough that won't steal audience from Spyro

As for the delay itself

Good god I've never been happier for a delay in my life, this actually helped a lot of my paranoia with the game's current possibly rushed state.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

The original was crunched between Spiderman, which has a big fan following, and Red Dead Redemption 2, which was one of the most asked sequels of all time.

In comparison, Hitman lost a lot of steam considering how we don't hear much about it anymore, and Pokemon Let's Go is pretty divisive on the fandom.

The only issue is Fallout 76, which is different enough that won't steal audience from Spyro

As for the delay itself

Good god I've never been happier for a delay in my life, this actually helped a lot of my paranoia with the game's current possibly rushed state.

Well there was Tomb Raider that was releasing around the same time as Spyro. Yes Spider-Man is a big game so both would've affected Spyro. But attention to both Spyro and Spider-Man could've had some boost as Spider-Man is Insomniac and the Spyro Trilogy is Insomniac's trilogy remade. It could've gone really well. Or it could've affected both games. Plus Spyro would Not have been as good as it would be with this new release date.

At least their giving this trilogy the attention to detail it deserves like the Crash Bandicoot Trilogy. Well even the remastered Ty the Tasmanian Tiger games on Steam are good examples of staying true to the games while making it new (in Ty's case some new things like customization and replayable boss fights, while the game itself is in HD) at the same time.

I hope they release some playable demos, such as the E3 one.  Why not, atleast that will make up for this delay.

So, there's apparently a good reason for the delay:

Wonderful news. Time to put this whole controversy to bed for good.

I swear, we don't deserve Toys for Bob. They're too good to us.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, SonicWind said:

I swear, we don't deserve Toys for Bob. They're too good to us.

I mean, it's really cool of Toys for Bob to do this, and they're great devs for doing it, but this is something that should've been bare-minimum. This isn't a case of they're too good to us, it's a case of Activision being pricks to us and TfB wanting their game not getting shafted because of it.

• Thumbs Up 5

18 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I mean, it's really cool of Toys for Bob to do this, and they're great devs for doing it, but this is something that should've been bare-minimum. This isn't a case of they're too good to us, it's a case of Activision being pricks to us and TfB wanting their game not getting shafted because of it.

That is a fair point, but I appreciate the gesture nonetheless.

We shouldn’t be praising companies for doing the standard, and going as far to say they’re too good for us. Great that they did it, as opposed to not, but this simply brings the game to the bare minimum standard of quality and customer goodwill. Like many games that have the product on the disc and available. I shouldn’t have to be grateful, like they did some Herculean task. Like, I shouldn’t be grateful the waiter got me a plate for my food to go on, when that’s, Yknow, the standard thing to do. Again, I’m appreciative they did it, but this shouldn’t be something to sing praises about either since this should have been a “no shit” thing in the first place 

• Thumbs Up 4

We're not praising the company tho', we're praising the developers for sticking to their guns and actually facing the company they work for to actually get this shit fixed.

Activision can fuck off for all I care because of that move. Toys for Bob on the other hand, have my respect for actually sticking up to their project.

• Thumbs Up 7

Well the outcome of announcing this situation was apparent even without hindsight , so not sure why TFB didn’t just keep quiet and delay the game to only then explain the situation of why they did it. I have to wonder if TFB would have went along with this shitty decision had the backlash not ensued. Again, great that they did it, but this is still a bare minimum thing that should just be. I just find it hard to celebrate, and find myself just going “good, about time.”

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

Well the outcome of this situation was apparent, so not sure why TFB didn’t just keep quiet and delay the game to only then explain the situation of why they did it. I have to wonder if TFB would have went along with this had the backlash not ensued. Again, great that they did it, but this is still a bare minimum thing that should just be. I just find it hard to celebrate, and find myself just going “good, about time.”

I mean, you're not wrong. This whole controversy didn't have to happen.