Awoo.

Spyro the Dragon: Reignited Trilogy - November 13th, 2018 (PS4, Xbox One)

Ryannumber1gamer

HELLO, MY DEAR BOY:

Can't wait to pummel this brazenly avaricious, duplicitous, larcenous ursine!

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

3 minutes ago, Forte-Metallix said:

HELLO, MY DEAR BOY:

Can't wait to pummel this brazenly avaricious, duplicitous, larcenous ursine!

"I could show you some gameplay of Spyro 3...erm, for a small fee of course".

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

Well, the upside to this is I get to see the other playable characters in YotD beat this greedy jerk up in HD.

So that's nice.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, SonicWind said:

Well, the upside to this is I get to see the other playable characters in YotD beat this greedy jerk up in HD.

So that's nice.

I'd like to see that too. Apparently this is the 2nd time in a row I'm late at getting Spyro updates posted on here. I wonder if they'll keep some of the shortcuts to go around Moneybags in the trilogy like in Spooky Swamp from Year of the Dragon, because I don't to hand over my gems. At least I can get them back at the end of the game though.

I'm ``too late again" as Ratchet & Clank usually say.

Well I was going to buy this as soon as I could. I just don't have the Internet necessary to download games like that. I'll just have to wait and see if they ever release a version with all three games on it a year or so from now.

giphy.gif

This is one of the absolutely most idiotic things I've heard. Goddamnit Activision, you were on fire here. You had the games looking great, no console exclusivity, no bullshit DLC, just the remaster looking great and you had to mess it all up. Why the fuck do game developers keep thinking that people buying physical copies wish to download stupid shit? If I'm buying it physically, it's because it's cheaper, it can resold and/or it saves a lot more storage on my PS4. I don't even get the sense for this, why would you waste the entire size of a PS4 disc for literally one and only one game? 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Absolutely 1

You know what? I can overlook this.

The first game will keep me busy for long enough, anyway, and I can always just leave my PS4 on Rest Mode (though I've heard it's a bad idea to do it for extended periods of time). I was also just gonna play the games in order from the start, so this doesn't affect me as much.

Maybe that's too optimistic, but I'm telling you, I can't pass this game up.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

giphy.gif

This is one of the absolutely most idiotic things I've heard. Goddamnit Activision, you were on fire here. You had the games looking great, no console exclusivity, no bullshit DLC, just the remaster looking great and you had to mess it all up. Why the fuck do game developers keep thinking that people buying physical copies wish to download stupid shit? If I'm buying it physically, it's because it's cheaper, it can resold and/or it saves a lot more storage on my PS4. I don't even get the sense for this, why would you waste the entire size of a PS4 disc for literally one and only one game? 

I just hope we don't have another Sly Collection for PS Vita situation, where only 2 games were accessible and the 3rd required a code which no longer works.

1 hour ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Well I was going to buy this as soon as I could. I just don't have the Internet necessary to download games like that. I'll just have to wait and see if they ever release a version with all three games on it a year or so from now.

That would possibly be the Nintendo Switch, when it releases. Which would be the version I'll get.

1 hour ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Apparently, Spyro 2 and 3 have to be downloaded. 

I'm not very happy about it, and I hope it doesn't apply to the Switch version when it releases. If a Switch cartridge can hold all 3 Crash games, plus bonus levels. (I also heard that Crash required a similar download for the PS4 version of the N-Sane Trilogy) Which is around 25-30 GB's, then I don't see why a PS4 or XBox One disc Not being capable of holding all 3 games as those discs hold a Lot more data than a Switch cartridge.

Speaking of Blu-Ray disc capacities for PS4 and Xbox One they both hold 50GB. Nintendo Switch cartridges currently hold up to 32GB with the 64GB cartridges arriving next year. Now Crash N-Sane's size on Switch was 5.2GB, 19GB for Xbox One and 23.32GB for PS4. So there should be plenty of remaining space for all 3 games in Spyro Reignited. However I could understand only 2 games on 1 disc and the 3rd is downloadable, because of disc space. But 1 game on 1 disc? Now the Switch version will likely be more impressive with everything included, No downloads required.

PlaystationLifestyle reached out to Activision and got this:
“As with most games today, downloading an update after purchase is quite common. The language on packaging and on the web is to let players know the requirements for Spyro Reignited Trilogy.”

"downloading an update" doesn't == "GAMES 2 & 3 MUST DOWNLOADED VIA INTERNET"

Bull. fucking. shit. Activision.

• Fist Bump 1

Well, I've pre-ordered digital anyways, so... But I can see why people are salty, there's no good reason to have only the first game on disk. What's the point of this??? Which collection ever did this? 

BTW, Moneybags is looking fiiiiiine.

I heard the Sly Cooper collection on Vita had that issue.

There’s probably gonna be a GOTY edition or something like that down the line with all the content on plus we don’t yet know why the other 2 have to be downloaded.

I can see why this will be inconvenient to some but I won’t wish failure on the game either

Welp. Looks like I'll be waiting for either a price drop or a reissue with all the games.

I was looking forward to this, but Activision decided to be Activision, so it looks like I'll be holding off. At least the original versions have physical releases.

• Absolutely 1

13 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

GameInformer pointed out, this might not be a case of Spyro 2 and 3 actually needing to be downloaded via code, but just require an update to be playable.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/08/01/spyro-reignited-trilogy-requires-an-update-for-two-of-the-games

Doesn't really matter when it leaves the game in the same issue as before. If you don't have an internet connection, you're screwed. If PSN or Xbox's servers/stores bite the dust, you're screwed.

• Thumbs Up 3

18 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

GameInformer pointed out, this might not be a case of Spyro 2 and 3 actually needing to be downloaded via code, but just require an update to be playable.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/08/01/spyro-reignited-trilogy-requires-an-update-for-two-of-the-games

That's what was pointed out, instead of both games being DLC they would be day 1 updates in the form of unlocking both games on launch day. Kind of like a patch. Also I remember something similar with Disney Infinity 3.0, in order to unlock Marvel Battlegrounds you need to update the game. So I can see this happening with Spyro. But why block the other 2 games on the disc behind an update is still a mystery. Crash didn't have this why Not Spyro? 

59 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Doesn't really matter when it leaves the game in the same issue as before. If you don't have an internet connection, you're screwed. If PSN or Xbox's servers/stores bite the dust, you're screwed.

Well I guess this means I’m getting Spider-Man instead once September rolls around. Oh Activision, you almost had me but old habits die hard.

6 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

Apparently, Spyro 2 and 3 have to be downloaded. 

Oh god damn it... I just preordered the game this morning after picking up Mania and then I come home to find this out. Acti, buddy, not everyone's internet is made of future dust and fiber optics from the forth dimension...

• Fist Bump 1

Well,  this latest news makes the game a hard pass for me. Better luck next time with that Switch version Acti. Please stop being your money grubbling selves.

8 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Pirate Ridley said:

Well,  this latest news makes the game a hard pass for me. Better luck next time with that Switch version Acti. Please stop being your money grubbling selves.

This seems more “inconvenience creating” than “money” to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, AlphaRuby said:

This seems more “inconvenience creating” than “money” to me.

It's typical Acti. Their greed tends to skew their priorities in ways akin to this. 

Also,  making 2&3 download needed reeks of being cheap for the sake of putting less on the disk. So,  PS4 owners will know what it's like to be a Switch owner,  subjected to Capcom's usual brand of treatment.