Awoo.

Super Sonic DLC for Forces out Dec 22 - €1.99, Free Until Jan 23

Tracker_TD

It’s being compared to Konami in that it does the same thing Konami did with the tuxedo Jesus Christ. We’re not equalizing the companies as equally evil and shit.

15 minutes ago, KHCast said:

It’s being compared to Konami in that it does the same thing Konami did with the tuxedo Jesus Christ. We’re not equalizing the companies as equally evil and shit.

Well, its hard for it not to come off like that because usually when people make those sorts of comparisons, particularly with an angry or frustrated tone or when people use words like "exactly", there is implied equalizing. In terms of actions, intent, and even creation process. I'm glad that wasn't the intent with you but I get the feeling that some others really did mean to equalize them-- and besides, I mean, from my perspective calling Sega "evil" at all is an exaggeration at best (though I feel like that's another conversation that would be suited for another topic or PMs).

Fortunately, this isn't an apples to oranges comparison, so it can work by being clear that you're not comparing this to the scale or depth of Konami's problems, but rather that specific incident. Again, I'm glad the equalizing wasn't your intention (and I really hope it isn't that of the others), but that wasn't really clear at first (at least to me-- but hey, that's the risk you take when you respond to things in public). Thank you for the clarification though.

4 hours ago, SaberX said:

So just you get the context behind the why of the question. Its because of this post:

Oh no, I get the context. I can see why folks would find FriesWithoutKetchup's posting style dismissive or ill-informed. That's why I explained to him where at least one of the problems with the DLC came was before that, and before segueing into why I can kinda sympathize where he's coming from even if he's not completely right or conveying it well.

I mean, ultimately, he has the right to think about it in that way, and "agree to disagree" would indicate that he isn't open to changing his mind and simply wants to move on from a discussion where he feels attacked. I mean, it can be annoying really but pushing hard for him to believe your viewpoints is going to do nothing.

[EDIT: Thought I came off as obnoxious so I cut out the worst parts. To the person I upset, I'm really sorry.]

4 hours ago, SaberX said:

Also the reasoning behind people being upset here is that Super Sonic is something that was presented even on later games.

And that's valid. I agree with you and I don't even like Super Sonic. But ultimately, this is a mostly insignificant DLC and really not worth the overreactions.

Actually I think @Shaddy the Zaphod summed up my viewpoints on this better than I did so go look at his posts if you need some clarification that I couldn't provide.

Episode Shadow (three new levels, Shadow-centric prelude with cutscenes/dialogue, allows you to play as Shadow in Sonic's stages) - Free

Sanic T-Shirt - Free

Super Sonic mode - Free for a month, then paid DLC

Mad scientist logic checks out.

4 hours ago, Harkofthewaa said:

Just wait till Forces 2, where the boost will be $2.99, the homing attack will be $5.99, and Classic's spindash will be $3.99.

And if you buy four copies of Forces 2, you get a chance to win a signed poster, your name read out in a video, and a wearable replica of the Custom Hero's GAMER hat.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Chuckle 1

Do.. people here really have a problem with an 'agree to disagree' mentality?

I didn't realize that people were getting THIS miffed because of the things that I was saying. I really don't think I did anything wrong. Do I have to agree with everyone when they get angry and constantly criticize an aspect of a game? I don't believe I was being rude or confrontational in the slightest with my disagreements.

And by the way, I'm not a girl - I'm a guy. Just clearing that up.

The game is already discounted so $2.00 for a feature that wasn't originally intended for the game isn't going to cost you more than the retail price and that's the only PAID DLC.  It's free for a month, so just get it while it's free and problem solved.  If this is the only paid DLC, I'll give Sega credit.  They could've gone the route everyone else is going and starting charging for every piece of clothing in the game, but they didn't.  Plus, they only charged $40 for the game at launch...honestly, I think we're stretching here guys on complaining about this.   If they starting going on the paid SANIC SHIRT dlc, then I'll complain but honestly, I don't see any issues right now.  

5 minutes ago, SatAMhog said:

The game is already discounted so $2.00 for a feature that wasn't originally intended for the game isn't going to cost you more than the retail price and that's the only PAID DLC.  It's free for a month, so just get it while it's free and problem solved.  If this is the only paid DLC, I'll give Sega credit.  They could've gone the route everyone else is going and starting charging for every piece of clothing in the game, but they didn't.  Plus, they only charged $40 for the game at launch...honestly, I think we're stretching here guys on complaining about this.   If they starting going on the paid SANIC SHIRT dlc, then I'll complain but honestly, I don't see any issues right now.  

The feature is literally already in the game, and has been since launch. You're paying $2 for a line of code that tells the game to unlock it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Since the Emeralds weren’t involved in the story at all, and Super is strong enough to work as a cheat, I see this as justified.

17 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

The feature is literally already in the game, and has been since launch. You're paying $2 for a line of code that tells the game to unlock it. 

For further information. Depending how they coded the game, potentially all you're doing by buying this is installing a patch which changes 0 to a 1.

1 hour ago, Miragnarok said:

Since the Emeralds weren’t involved in the story at all, and Super is strong enough to work as a cheat, I see this as justified.

But cheat codes used to be free. So I don’t find charging for things that were part of the full experience once upon a time, and a ability that has always been free whenever it’s included, justified. Especially when this was on disc content 

Do we know for sure if it's on-disk content? IIRC the day one patch talked about adding support for Super Sonic; to me, it sounds like maybe Super Sonic wasn't finished until after the game was already finished and sent off to be physically made.

1 hour ago, SatAMhog said:

If this is the only paid DLC, I'll give Sega credit.  They could've gone the route everyone else is going and starting charging for every piece of clothing in the game, but they didn't.

Not being as shitty as they could have been isn't really worth of praise.

12 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Do we know for sure if it's on-disk content? IIRC the day one patch talked about adding support for Super Sonic; to me, it sounds like maybe Super Sonic wasn't finished until after the game was already finished and sent off to be physically made.

Wasn’t super sonic found in the files early on when it released? And there was a video showing him off?

5 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Wasn’t super sonic found in the files early on when it released? And there was a video showing him off?

The patch came out on October 31st, about a week before the game's actual release. I'm pretty sure digging into the game's files didn't start until people got their hands on the Steam release of the game, and if nothing else the first video of Super Sonic in the game was uploaded on November 10th.

It's just strange to me that out of nowhere SEGA is suddenly trying to promote this game. The Sanic DLC, the parkour academy, the upcoming Puyo Puyo bundle, and this just kind of came out of nowhere. All of these DLC and promotional tie-ins feel awkward. Nobody really wants any of it and its not generating a reaction.

I just feel bad for the PR team who has to put up with it all. They want to please the fans but this weird Forces news has been leaking out for a while now and they just kind of have to stumble around it.

• Thumbs Up 9

The footage that I saw of Super Sonic released on the the Japanese Sonic Forces Youtube page  looked pretty cool to me. I had a big grin on my face watching him zoom around the levels with the different music playing in the background. It definitely didn't seem like using Super Sonic was MUCH different, which is unfortunate... but it still seems like a cool little thing to try out.

Hmmmm quite shocking that they'll be charging but good thing it's free for the month but It's sad that people who will miss this will have to pay for super sonic.

videos games now been made to be dlcs  in my opinion any new games will have sort dlc or micro

Considering its free for a month and only 2 dollars anyways, I think the point of this is to push people to pick up Forces over the holiday season, lest they lose out on "free" DLC.