Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

3 minutes ago, nilesdobbs said:

Speaking of which, what are your guys thoughts on the new levels (aesthetically)?

Honestly, Metropolis is the best one.

The others aren't that great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, StaticMania said:

Exactly, they've never bothered showing stuff like that in cutscenes before...but once he stopped being playable, it's been pretty consistent.

It started with Sonic X, and for the games Sonic Unleashed.

That one scene of Tails cowering in front of the Dark Gaia creatures basically foretold his future. I could forgive that moment as they are big bulky scary monsters he's never seen before (Even if I didn't like the cowering dialogue), but he never recovered from that momement. So it began the status quo of complete wuss Tails who Sonic brings around for some reason when he can't defend himself.

• Thumbs Up 3

22 minutes ago, Voyant said:

Oh and yeah.

Fuck Sonic Team for turning Tails into a little bitch. This is the worst interpretation of Tails to date.

To be fair Tails always been a little bitch, it's just been taken up to whole new level lol.

The last time I remember him growing balls was when he was in Sanic Adventure. Then they shriveled up causing him to never be the same again.

12 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

So for the bosses we have Zavok, Infinite, Egg Dragoon, Infinite again, Metal Sonic, INFINITE AGAIN and Death Egg Robot?

That's...dissapointing.

But they're both the same fight. Do we still count them seprate?

1 minute ago, theofficefan99 said:

wtf the the last stage is also a copy of Colors' last stage...

IS ANYTHING IN THIS GAME ORIGINAL???

No there's not. Nothing here is original. Infinite even does Mephiles's clone moves, and straight up steals Metal's fight later. The final boss is just colors again.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Chuckle 1

2 minutes ago, theofficefan99 said:

wtf the the last stage is also a copy of Colors' last stage...

IS ANYTHING IN THIS GAME ORIGINAL???

Metropolis?

• Thumbs Up 1

Gotta admit, I was letdown.

I was hoping for another eggmanland stage.

1 minute ago, GamerGirl54321 said:

Anyone know if you can play in Japanese with English subtitles for this?

You should be able to.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just now, A Zombie KING and 35 other said:

Gotta admit, I was letdown.

I was hoping for another eggmanland stage.

You'll take your albino city and like it, mister!

3 hours ago, SonicLegends said:

I don't understand why people were crying about Tails saying "Tru dat" like yes it's cringe but I think if there is one line that pissed me off it was this with the plot of where the Phantom Ruby prototypes with the avatar using them.

"Your courage and heroism are probably what triggered it."

Courage...

Heroism...

Are you serious? Not that maybe the avatar and Infinite are related in some way as Eggman mentions DNA earlier? Or heck I would have gladly just taken the avatar pulling a Sonic using a fake chaos emerald like he did in SA2. But this right is here is what I call a Gary Sue way of explaining it.

To be fair, I think that was actually meant to be a cultimation of Buddy's character development.

3 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

So what did everyone think of “Light of Hope”? It seemed like a better version of “My Destiny”.

I'd have to listen to them both again, but honestly I like them both. Kinda helps that they're two different styles of music.

3 hours ago, The Deleter said:

nq472s0.png

So for those who it may concern, it seems like the militaristic badniks were a one-game only thing. Seems like SLW's badniks are still being treated as the "standard" versions?

No skin off my back, as I really liked the return to the cartoony style, but I know some people reeeeaaally didn't like Lost World for basically "standardizing" the art style starting with Runners, so... :B

I do too.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think this game has the weakest ammount of stages.

The ideas is that Eggman took over 99% of the world.

So the entire planet only consists of Green Hill, City, Chemical Plant, Metropolis, Mystical Jungle and the Eggman Empire?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

15 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Should they do this so people won't complain about Tails doing nothing in cutscenes?

No, they should do it as:

1) apologizing for making Tails such a dumb character in Forces

2) he had always a strong bond with Sonic... Colors was pretty close in terms of showing that in storyline

3) he just never had a gameplay with Sonic at par... I mean... they should do it like in Classics in 2D... but Heroes´ style. Sonic and Tails. That´s it. But not like S4E2 oh no no no. Tag Team might be an inspiration. Just scrap boost, double boost and all other shit stuff. If you want to contradict with Tails being playable in SA1 and SA2... well I don´t want him being solo. Or if doing him solo, make him some special level design to use. Not just boostpads.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, StriCNYN3 said:

So badly that It's complete nonsense because it's not like this was even the first time he thought Sonic died. Remember in Sonic Adventure 2 when Sonic supposedly "blew up" in that capsule he was trapped in by Eggman? Tails messed up hard, giving their plan away but what did he do then?

He fucking fought on for Sonic. Now we get this "Oh, all hope is lost!/ Shit, this aint my problem" Tails. What where these writers thinking? 

Ah crap! Yes! Yes, this is completely wrong! What have they done to him..?

He's a literal shadow of his former self.. maybe he's the illusion..! The real Tails (pre-Unleashed) was captured by Eggman and replaced by a Phantom Ruby prototype illusion. These past ten years, Eggman's been experimenting on Adventure Tails and turning him into a new being to unleash upon the world! Tails is Infinite!

That's why this Tails is so useless and even seemingly tries to sabotage Sonic! It's all just been a distraction until the real plan could come to fruition..

And the reason Infinite is so lame is because he's fighting Eggman's control for the sake of his old buddy..

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 3

Just now, Razule said:

He's a literal shadow of his former self.. maybe he's the illusion..! The real Tails (pre-Unleashed) was captured by Eggman and replaced by a Phantom Ruby prototype illusion. These past ten years, Eggman's been experimenting on Adventure Tails and turning him into a new being to unleash upon the world! Tails is Infinite!

That's why this Tails is so useless and even seemingly tries to sabotage Sonic! It's all just been a distraction until the real plan could come to fruition..

And the reason Infinite is so lame is because he's fighting Eggman's control for the sake of his old buddy..

After credits cutscene of tails glitching out.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

Two things I want to do:

1. Play Forces for myself since it looks like I'll have fun with it if nothing else and that's really the biggest thing I ask for in a video game
  2. Learn about just where, when, why, and how the a lot of potential and good ideas got lost along the way and resulted in what we see today. A gut feeling I've had for awhile about Forces is that it has oodles of cut content and boy will it be interesting should that be true. When the game comes out, I would love to see what fans can find by digging through the files. I also don't believe that the developers never tried or didn't care-- they seem very passionate and excited about Sonic-- so I am curious as to why and how the game managed to become so confused and underwhelming

3 hours ago, Jar Jar Analysis 1138 said:

The last one I remember was Generations. Perhaps it's the tone of voice she was directed to do? In Unleashed, she was more high pitched.

And the games before...Even more high pitched.

Still..The way they act, sound is bland.

Actually, her first role would've been in Colors DS and then fully in Free Riders.

I'm honestly a little confused as to why she went back to a higher pitched voice here after how well she was recieved in Boom.

3 hours ago, Sonicfan287 said:

Is it just me or does it seem anticlimactic how relatively easy Infinite is to defeat from the boss videos we've seen? 

Hes suppose to be this all powerful being and yet he's damaged by homing attacks?? I would've liked to see a more creative way of damaging him, even something simple like you have to damage the phantom ruby first or some kind of force field you have to break but nah, you just run up to him and do a homing attack like any other badnik or enemy. 

Just found that odd and makes me wonder how Robotnik got as far as he did when his whole "plan" just seems the same as the other ones, just with a different thing he's created. If infinite can be defeated by sonics homing attacks, why did they need this massive resistance to win this very odd war?? 

Yeah, I thought that was a little weird too. I mean Sonic doesn't have that many attacks in these games, but there still could've been more creative ways in the later fights.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, superman43 said:

No, they should do it as:

1) apologizing for making Tails such a dumb character in Forces

2) he had always a strong bond with Sonic... Colors was pretty close in terms of showing that in storyline

3) he just never had a gameplay with Sonic at par... I mean... they should do it like in Classics in 2D... but Heroes´ style. Sonic and Tails. That´s it. But not like S4E2 oh no no no. Tag Team might be an inspiration. Just scrap boost, double boost and all other shit stuff. If you want to contradict with Tails being playable in SA1 and SA2... well I don´t want him being solo. Or if doing him solo, make him some special level design to use. Not just boostpads.

SA1 did it right already. Fan games do it correct already. But that apology should go towards fucking him up since Unleashed/Sonic X.

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

Would be a much better story than what we got.

Haven't been here in a while, but damn, that was painful to watch. I'll at least say what I do like about the game because I've expressed my distaste enough elsewhere:

Aqua Road Track may be the best thing I've heard from this game, the melody from Egg Gate is close.

Infinite's voice....just the voice.

Infinite's sound effect

Metropolis aesthetics.

The tie in comic, (so far). The art and dialogue are great.

I'll just leave it at that, and get my ass back to the Odyssey..

2 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Real levels. So actually nine more individual stages in three more general areas. The Tails vs. Chaos storyboard provides more evidence.

The what now?

3 hours ago, Sonicfan287 said:

Is it just me or does it seem anticlimactic how relatively easy Infinite is to defeat from the boss videos we've seen? 

Hes suppose to be this all powerful being and yet he's damaged by homing attacks?? I would've liked to see a more creative way of damaging him, even something simple like you have to damage the phantom ruby first or some kind of force field you have to break but nah, you just run up to him and do a homing attack like any other badnik or enemy. 

Just found that odd and makes me wonder how Robotnik got as far as he did when his whole "plan" just seems the same as the other ones, just with a different thing he's created. If infinite can be defeated by sonics homing attacks, why did they need this massive resistance to win this very odd war?? 

It seems the main reason he beat Sonic back then was the phantoms. Which is the main reason things progressed this far. Even Shadow was useless apparently.

But the phantoms.. why didn't he just create a bunch of giant Shadows, Chaoses, Zavoks, and Metal Sonics to attack Sonic..? Hell, why stop there! Send everyone ever! Blaze, Big, Jet, freakin Dark Gaia, the Biolizard..!

Damn Sonic plots always fall apart at the seams when you think about them.. at all.

• Thumbs Up 4

4 minutes ago, RadicalLaRuby said:

Haven't been here in a while, but damn, that was painful to watch. I'll at least say what I do like about the game because I've expressed my distaste enough elsewhere:

Aqua Road Track may be the best thing I've heard from this game, the melody from Egg Gate is close.

Infinite's voice....just the voice.

Infinite's sound effect

Metropolis aesthetics.

The tie in comic, (so far). The art and dialogue are great.

I'll just leave it at that, and get my ass back to the Odyssey..

I agree that the V.O. (English version at least, since that's all I've heard so far) for Infinite is great. And I would love a clean rip of the Infinite SFX!