Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

I think its more supposed to be that he's suffering from battlefield stress disorder... but it's done so badly...

Don't even get me started on this writing. I have far more important things to do than write a essay about how many missed chances this story had for not only character development, but capitalizing on themes. 

Sonic Mania had better story telling. Fucking christ

• Thumbs Up 5

Just now, dbzfan7 said:

Well I really liked Kate Higgins Tails (Outside of Lost World bitchness here and there) He had more charm than normal. Usually he was a yes man, cute, and didn't really add much. But he was extremely supportive. But yes Modern Tails is the worst because of how unnecessary he is now. Only around because of his Classic Status.

He flew by people...and that was it. Charmy takes out a Metal Sonic illusion thing that Silver holds, while Tails fly's around pretending to help. I can imagine him now. "I"m helping!" as he flies in circles doing nothing....wouldn't put it past current Sonic writers.

And that exactly is why ST or just anyone should make a game with Sonic and Tails playable in 3D.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

But but but but.....Who will explain the exposition....Think of the Children...THINK OF THE CHILDREN!....They need him to explain everything. Depth to his own character would hurt their minds. Roles must be simple. Sonic awesome hero. Tails explainy guy who doesn't do things.

Uh... what?

3 hours ago, The Deleter said:

NO WAY

NO

WAY

Alright there is no way the Avatar was anything but Boom Sonic at the start of development

You can't

It's

It's way too on-the-nose for it not to be

...I don't really get it.

3 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

At least the final boss theme was a joy to listen too, especially after the disappointments of the Time Eater and lost world final boss themes. Though I wish it was orchestral version of fist bump. That would’ve been beyond epic.

What are talkin bout dude? The Mountain Eggdew boss theme was one of the best songs in that game.

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

Can't imagine how much more obnoxious and shitty the writing would have been with Boom Sonic. (Though it would have likely had more 4th wall breaking and refrences)

Also can't imagine any levels from Boom making it in either 

Yeah, that's kinda my thought as well.

8 minutes ago, Voyant said:

This basically embodies all of my feelings. Again we have another 3D title with absolutely no ambition or love. There were cool and interesting ideas wasted with moments that could be capitalized with a team of people that could have given a fuck. Its even more obvious after I have stepped in the realm of game development myself.

Ohnononono, you got it wrong...

Forces is actually pretty close to the pinnacle of their passion, that they have had for the series overall:

-Iizuka: We injected all the passion that we had on Sonic Adventure, but our feelings this time [in Sonic Forces] are close to that. This game’s contents will be like a compilation so that people who have been waiting for a proper [new iteration in] modern Sonic series for a long time will be satisfied, so please look forward to it.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/10/05/sonic-forces-wispon-storyline-music-detailed-famitsu-interview/

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 2

Just now, DabigRG said:

...I don't really get it.

I believe it's virtually identical to the final boss of Rise of Lyric.

1 minute ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Uh... what?

The joke is the writing lately appears based on character tropes and archetypes. The quintessential stereotypical team you have is. The Brave Heroic, but ego driven leader. The powerful strong meat head with a heart of gold. The incredibly smart but incredibly weak brainiac. The girl. Which sums up the 4 classic characters now on a basic level.

4 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

I think its more supposed to be that he's suffering from battlefield stress disorder... but it's done so badly...

Speaking of that, what's he even doing during that six months..? Hiding under rocks? Hell, that makes it worse! We're supposed to believe that for six months he was wandering aimlessly being depressed.. and the only thing that gives him hope is Classic Sonic. They've made him even more dependent on Sonic..

In most good stories, if the hero disappeared for months after being thought dead, by the time they came back the sidekick would be a hardened badass. Or at least if they were depressed, it'd be handled better than this..

• Thumbs Up 6

3 minutes ago, superman43 said:

And that exactly is why ST or just anyone should make a game with Sonic and Tails playable in 3D.

Should they do this so people won't complain about Tails doing nothing in cutscenes?

3 minutes ago, Mayor D said:

So badly that It's complete nonsense because it's not like this was even the first time he thought Sonic died. Remember in Sonic Adventure 2 when Sonic supposedly "blew up" in that capsule he was trapped in by Eggman? Tails messed up hard, giving their plan away but what did he do then?

He fucking fought on for Sonic. Now we get this "Oh, all hope is lost!/ Shit, this aint my problem" Tails. What where these writers thinking? 

• Thumbs Up 8

7 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Ohnononono, you got it wrong...

Forces is actually pretty close to the pinnacle of their passion, that they have had for the series overall:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/10/05/sonic-forces-wispon-storyline-music-detailed-famitsu-interview/

I've seen more passion done in Sonic based Rule 34 than what I saw.

And when the Rule 34 of your franchise outshines your own fucking stuff ....You know you have absolutely fucked up.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Chuckle 2

So for the bosses we have Zavok, Infinite, Egg Dragoon, Infinite again, Metal Sonic, INFINITE AGAIN and Death Egg Robot?

That's...dissapointing.

1 minute ago, RedFox99 said:

NANI?

Aside from the things we've already noticed, final boss resembles Lyric at first, and after the boss your reward is, "coincidentally", a hankerchief and sports tape.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 2

1 minute ago, Razule said:

Speaking of that, what's he even doing during that six months..? Hiding under rocks? Hell, that makes it worse! We're supposed to believe that for six months he was wandering aimlessly being depressed.. and the only thing that gives him hope is Classic Sonic. They've made him even more dependent on Sonic..

In most good stories, if the hero disappeared for months after being thought dead, by the time they came back the sidekick would be a hardened badass. Or at least if they were depressed, it'd be handled better than this..

He was back home staring at his Sonic poster, crying, hugging it, and praying for Sonic to bless him with his presence.

1 minute ago, StaticMania said:

Should they do this so people won't complain about Tails doing nothing in cutscenes?

Won't do anything if he gets joke moments like Mooks are too much for him.

Just now, StriCNYN3 said:

So badly that It's complete nonsense because it's not like this was even the first time he thought Sonic died. Remember in Sonic Adventure 2 when Sonic supposedly "blew up" in that capsule he was trapped in by Eggman? Tails messed up hard, giving their plan away but what did he do then?

He fucking fought on for Sonic. Now we get this "Oh, all hope is lost!/ Shit, this aint my problem" Tails. What where these writers thinking? 

SA2: Fights for Sonic even if he is lost, does not want to let him down.

Forces: SANIC NOOOOO! My life is basically over.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 minute ago, Razule said:

Aside from the things we've already noticed, final boss resembles Lyric at first, and after the boss your reward is, "coincidentally", a hankerchief and sports tape.

That just might be the ultimate troll right there.

4 minutes ago, Limit Breaker Diamond said:

Guys, I'd rather have had Seaside Hill and Sky Sanctuary coming back.

7 stages is just dissapointing.

Speaking of which, what are your guys thoughts on the new levels (aesthetically)?

3 minutes ago, Voyant said:

I seen more passion done in Sonic based Rule 34 than what I saw.

And when the Rule 34 of your franchise outshines your own fucking stuff ....You know you have absolutely fucked up.

So Sonic Team probably don’t want to develop the series at all anymore? I KNEW IT!!! They really do want to be let go from the series!

Just now, dbzfan7 said:

Won't do anything if he gets joke moments like Mooks are too much for him.

Exactly, they've never bothered showing stuff like that in cutscenes before...but once he stopped being playable, it's been pretty consistent.

6 minutes ago, Voyant said:

I've seen more passion done in Sonic based Rule 34 than what I saw.

i think youre being a tad over the top. I get the idea sonic team wanted to create something grand with this narrative they just failed, as they usually do

• Promotion 2