Awoo.

Sonic Forces SPOILER Thread

Ellipsis-Ultima

Eggman doesn't have to use colorful robots every game to be eggman. They all have qualities.  The lady bug types while cute are no threat what so ever. What would scare people in a hostile take over. A fat man surrounded by ladybugs or a fat man surround by drones with battling guns and missiles. Granted I'd laugh at both. Why not use the best of both world. Green stages with the colorful tyoes and machine like levels with more advanced drone types

Its

Like bowser going from just a guy after peach with some regular enemies turtles to a guy with warships and tanks

Eggman doesn't have to use colorful robots every game to be eggman. They all have qualities.  The lady bug types while cute are no threat what so ever. What would scare people in a hostile take over. A fat man surrounded by ladybugs or a fat man surround by drones with battling guns and missiles. Granted I'd laugh at both. Why not use the best of both world. Green stages with the colorful tyoes and machine like levels with more advanced drone types

Its

Like bowser going from just a guy after peach with some regular enemies turtles to a guy with warships and tanks

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

The Forces robots aren't threatening, though? They're just generic spheres with legs that stand around and (mostly) don't even bother attacking.

Like, these robots aren't remotely intimidating - in design or behavior. If their attempt was to trade being interesting with being intimidating, they botched it and ended up being neither.

Lol I said 06 were threating.  forces remind of walking eggs with blasters

The series has no tone. One second he just wants the emeralds. Next he wants to flood the world to make eggman land. Then he wants to destroy the world. Sega doesn't honestly seem to know what story to go with

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

The series has no tone. One second he just wants the emeralds. Next he wants to flood the world to make eggman land. Then he wants to destroy the world. Sega doesmy honestly seem to know what story to go with

He's a complicated guy.

8 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

The series has no tone. One second he just wants the emeralds. Next he wants to flood the world to make eggman land. Then he wants to destroy the world. Sega doesmy honestly seem to know what story to go with

And next he just wants to hang out with Sonic, and next he just wants to be an annoying neighbor.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

8 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Bowser already had warships and tanks...both before and after wanting to marry Peach was a thing.

• Thumbs Up 5

7 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Well not anymore, sure. Not after being beaten out of shape for two decades.

But maybe a consistent tone is something the series should look into getting back.

Then there's only one solution.. reboot! ..for the third time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

10 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

Bowser already had warships and tanks...both before after after wanting to marry Peach was a thing.

Not in his first outing and he doesn't always use them but his tone is constant he wants peach in bed! Lol

4 hours ago, Yuluga said:

It just occurred to me, but based on just how little this game covers and how many different/unique ads there were for this game, ranging from the resistance member's pleas for help and Eggman's various announcements and propaganda, I feel like Forces is in a similar situation with Boom in that it would have made a much better Cartoon than it would a game. With the low level of content they have in this game, I'm honestly wondering if they were planning that at one point. This could have been an intended tie-in for a new TV show. It would've basically been like a Modern version of SATAM. Thinking about it, I really wish that they could have expanded on the Forces story concept and made it into a show, but I guess that's what we have Boom for. Still, we had AOSTH and SATAM running simultaniously, why couldn't we have Boom on weekdays and Forces on weekends like the 90s cartoons?

Forces may be a mediocre game, but I think it would've made for an alright show to watch. I loved Satam, so I would probably enjoy it.

• Thumbs Up 9

It's kind of baffling when modern Eggman already can balance that comedic and horrific tone, I mean.

Eggmanland and Egg Planet Park.

These Forces ads—both the transmission and the propaganda film.

The tone for Eggman's character is right here, but when it comes to the actual game, they somehow aimed for Robotnik instead?

• Thumbs Up 8

Wow I forgot about this image. It's like they really want us to hate Tails. This is what you make a naggy mother or girlfriend look like.

DNn2s5AW4AE5gl7.jpg:large

It's like he's about to give the biggest bitchfest/whining ever. Lost World Tailsx10.....though thankfully we didn't get this in the game. No annoying and useless Tails....just useless XP.

• Thumbs Up 3

8 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

It's like they really want us to hate Tails.

Between SLW and Forces, I have to wonder if they're making Tails an unlikable bore on purpose or if they seriously think this is good characterization. I don't know which is worse.

• Thumbs Up 6

4 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Lost World Tailsx10.....though thankfully we didn't get this in the game. No annoying and useless Tails....just useless XP.

Especially when he acted up and never apologised for doing so after Sonic reminded him of what the plan was (Eggman fixing the machine while Sonic and Tails distract the Zeti). He made Sonic believe that he was doubting him, even though he never doubted him in the first place. Tails could have assured him that Sonic didn't do such a thing, but he didn't.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Wow I forgot about this image. It's like they really want us to hate Tails. This is what you make a naggy mother or girlfriend look like.

*snip*

It's like he's about to give the biggest bitchfest/whining ever. Lost World Tailsx10.....though thankfully we didn't get this in the game. No annoying and useless Tails....just useless XP.

Sometimes I understand the complaints about Tails. And then sometimes there are posts like this.

Seriously I just...don't get what's supposed to be a problem with that picture?

Just now, Diogenes said:

Sometimes I understand the complaints about Tails. And then sometimes there are posts like this.

He's holding up his finger and his mouth looks kinda pouty

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Super Mechanio said:

Between SLW and Forces, I have to wonder if they're making Tails an unlikable bore on purpose or if they seriously think this is good characterization. I don't know which is worse.

It's which extreme is worse? Annoying and useless, or boring and even more useless.

17 minutes ago, MysteriousGirl 92 said:

Especially when he acted up and never apologised for doing so after Sonic reminded him of what the plan was (Eggman fixing the machine while Sonic and Tails distract the Zeti). He made Sonic believe that he was doubting him, even though he never doubted him in the first place. Tails could have assured him that Sonic didn't do such a thing, but he didn't.

Indeed it was like some sort of master manipulation thing of trying to make the blameless take pretty much all the blame.

16 minutes ago, Razule said:

Inb4 one of SEGA's mandates for IDW is that Tails can't fight

My biggest fear for IDW. Ian Flynn is proven to do a good job, but a mandate to be 1 to 1 with the games could give us useless Tails in the comics too.

14 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

I said why. He looks like he's about to nag someone in that render. From his facial expression, to his finger pointing. Roger pointed it out before...but this is uncanny
Smurfs_Color_Pictures_Brainy_Smurf.jpgDNn2s5AW4AE5gl7.jpg:large&key=f4a43eb181

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

3 minutes ago, DoubleXXCross said:

I mean, I just find it a weak arrangement of the pose archetype with a weirdly symmetrical face…

Yeah, I think the pose just isn't very dynamic.

Maybe it isn't that he looks annoying, it's that model's pose game is weak so it comes off as uncanny.

• Thumbs Up 1

The point isn't pose to pose. It's the emotion the two poses give off. They're similar. They both give off the whiny/nagging emotion from someone who looks like they're gonna give an obnoxious lecture. When you look at this pose from forces and expression, does that scream "Oh yeah that is Tails." I don't think it does.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/1/2017 at 8:59 AM, Almar said:

Knuckles is the only the leader thanks to being an iconic character in the series.

He has never shown any interest or ability in leadership ever before Forces. Vector and Rouge are both better suited to lead.

Exactly.

Or better yet, Tails or even Silver, since they actually have significant scenes and abilities within the story.

• Thumbs Up 3

The way the prequel comic explained his position as leader was pretty funny and it worked. Too bad none of that humour translated to his character in Forces (at least from the impression I get).

• Thumbs Up 4