Awoo.

Will Sonic appear in Wreck-it Ralph 2 in 2018?

Blueknight V2.0

I wonder. Did Litwak's Arcade have SegaSonic or Sonic the Fighters?

Well, that was more a question dfor the first movie. Now they have the internet.

6 hours ago, Eurisko said:

Lets hope he has a bigger role if he's in it.

One thing I cant stop considering is this: In 2012 Sonic appeared as a cameo in the first Wreck It Ralph and that year also saw the release of SART which had Ralph appear as a racer. Now we have massive rumors of the another Sonic racer in the works in the same year as another Wreck It Ralph movie. Coincidence? I think not ;)

Exactly what I was thinking, now we also got ready player one releasing later this month, so with Sonic's popularity we could see an appearance. After all they did include the T-rex from the first Jurassic Park from 1993, which was the same year Sonic 1 released for Sega Genesis. The Sega logo could also be seen on a motorcycle in one of the trailers according to SegaBits. But I think Wreck It Ralph 2 will still have a focus on video games, but to what extent I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BaronGrackle said:

I wonder. Did Litwak's Arcade have SegaSonic or Sonic the Fighters?

Well, that was more a question dfor the first movie. Now they have the internet.

Litwak's Arcade has Sonic the Fighters under the Sonic Championship name.

SonicChampionshipArcadeCabinet1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Way Past Cool 1

• 5 months later...

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:28 PM, DaddlerTheDalek said:

Litwak's Arcade has Sonic the Fighters under the Sonic Championship name.

SonicChampionshipArcadeCabinet1.jpg

Not to be Mister Smartypants or the Necro-meister, but I was watching the movie today and I searched to see if anyone had posted about Sonic Championship. I then just so happened to come across this thread so I decided to weigh in when I read this minor inaccuracy.

DaddlerTheDalek's previously posted partial frame capture above occurs during the time lapse scene in the movie's intro which fast forwards through the thirty years of the Litwak's Arcade. There, we learn that, in actuality, this is not from present day Litwak's Arcade. Technically speaking, Litwak's Arcade had Sonic Championship/Sonic the Fighters, right before it was replaced with the arcade's current fixture Sugar Rush. This is visible at time marker 00:02:24 as depicted in this more complete frame capture:

https://ibb.co/n3mSWK

So Sonic the Fighters/Sonic Championship directly proceeded Sugar Rush. Not but a couple seconds later at time marker 00:02:26, we can observe that Sugar Rush replaces Sonic Championship/Sonic the Fighters:

https://ibb.co/cNXedz

Now, given the physical placement of Sugar Rush, this naturally raises the question of Sugar Rush possibly standing in front of Sonic Championship/Sonic the Fighters, obscuring it from the camera. Fortunately, there is footage later in the film to answer this question in an alternate camera angle at time marker 01:11:24. When Ralph looks through Fix It Felix Jr.'s screen to Sugar Rush across the arcade, we see Sugar Rush directly next to Tapper with no Sonic Championship/Sonic the Fighters in-between:

https://ibb.co/i4QXyz

• Thumbs Up 2

This brings up another question I’ve always had:

Is there another Sonic game somewhere in the arcade that we never see during the present day, or did Sonic and Eggman abandon StF/C when it got unplugged and become homeless like Q*bert?

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

I had a feeling Sonic would be back for this one, but to what extent is unknown. I just hope he has a slightly bigger role this time around. But with Sonic's film coming soon, I doubt they'll give Sonic a very big role compared to the other characters, considering he isn't in any of the trailers. But I do wonder if Eggman will be back since Sonic is. Now if they'll have room for Shadow or Blaze is another story.

Anyways since the film is about the internet then Sonic should have a somewhat big presence in it. Seeing as Sonic is very popular on the internet to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, DaddlerTheDalek said:

e961mKs.jpg

Sonic & Dr. Eggman confirmed!

Now I'm wondering if Sonic and Eggman will travel into the internet as well. I do hope they give Sonic and Eggman more screen-time, like have Sonic defeating some of Eggman's robots either in the arcade or the internet.

My guess is the screenshot is from when the internet is first installed into the arcade.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the full TV Spot with Sonic The Hedgehog. And Sonic is already better in this film than the first film.

• Thumbs Up 1