Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

2 minutes ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

;I haven't seen anything from IDW Eggman yet. I actually do hope he's reigned in a tad so that he could feel a bit more like how I perceive Eggman's character to be. I love Archie's version of Eggman. The ruthlessness is great and all but there's always been a bit of a sting that comes with making him too willingly unhinged. 

Now, Eggman snapping in a fit of rage and doing something drastic that would be cataclysmic? That's generally something I'm okay with. The point of something like that is that it's him at one of his low points, losing control of his emotions. To be constantly like that though, is a different matter entirely. That's usually what Eggman Nega is. It'd be interesting just to see how Ian makes them different.

The manga pages they released for the 25th anniversary for all the characters a while back? Remember those?

No, I never even knew that.

Just now, Almar said:

Eggman doesn't need a recolor with a changing backstory.

Neither does Sonic, but we're still stuck with Shadow.

59e94436ef010_Tailsshrug.jpg.36c598e2bb896b59e17985a20a8eec9d.jpg

• Thumbs Up 8
  • Promotion 1

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

No, I never even knew that.

These are what I'm talking about. Are you sure you didn't read them?

Image result for sonic channel eggman nega comic

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Chuckle 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

These are what I'm talking about. Are you sure you didn't read them?

Image result for sonic channel eggman nega comic

Oh. I saw the Sticks one. 

Really though, I kinda like the idea of Eggman having a descendant that's so ashamed of him that he constantly travels back in time to fuck things up.

• Thumbs Up 2

>more dangerous than Eggman

Reminder that more or less every non-Eggman lead villain is the more dangerous edgy monster that he isn't (Chaos, Metal Sonic Neo, Black Doom, Mephiles, Erazor Djinn, Eggman Nega...).

16 minutes ago, Almar said:

Eggman doesn't need a recolor with a changing backstory.

But, his backstory's been set for the past ten years actually

1 hour ago, RedFox99 said:

Are there anymore of these translated mangas?

Yeah. You can try searching the web for them or just look back through the Sonic Channel thread. 

One thing I'm hoping for in IDW Sonic, if we're talking about expansions of adaptations, I hope we get more of Black Knight, with Galahad, Lamorak, and possibly more knights.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

6 hours ago, Mister X said:

Really though, I kinda like the idea of Eggman having a descendant that's so ashamed of him that he constantly travels back in time to fuck things up.

All the more reason for it to be very likely that if Nega is on the table now he'll probably be introduced in a less serious, slightly more comedy driven story and I don't know about you guys, but I'd be just fine with that.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

11 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

One thing I'm hoping for in IDW Sonic, if we're talking about expansions of adaptations, I hope we get more of Black Knight, with Galahad, Lamorak, and possibly more knights.

Honestly, why? That story has been told, I'd rather see Sonic in different, brand new storybooks.

Actually I'd kinda love a miniseries that showed what Sonic got up to in the Arabian Nights after the main story. Since he apparently had "Many Adventures" there.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Jack the Rookie said:

Honestly, why? That story has been told, I'd rather see Sonic in different, brand new storybooks.

Yes, but I think it could be expanded a bit, like the Arabian Nights.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

On ‎16‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 1:17 AM, Polkadi said:

That last bit is a little offensive. SEGA only does what they do to protect their brand in a way they feel is best. You either follow that guideline of theirs, or you aren't working on an official Sonic product.

It's not the case that Japanese people shouldn't be agitated (and that doesn't change anything, agitation is a personality thing), it's just corporate decisions.

Well yeah, I know. It's just that in general, I'm trying to be as polite towards people as possible. And about Japanese, well, whenever I hear/read in the news about Japanese and them getting negative feelings towards something, the wordchoice is always "furious", not "angry". I dunno why but that wordchoice is pretty strong when it comes to the news being mostly neutral in tone. That's why I'd never want to agitate any single Japanese person since it feels to me they'd need a lot to show any anger and all and now I'm starting to sound stereotyphic-thinking idiot again... sorry, I hope this doesn't come out as offending but well, I really don't want to get anyone agitated (usually at least) so well...

So in short; I'm sorry for being an idiot, but it applies to all different nationalities when I go down to it; I don't want to get anybody agitated, poor choice of words I suppose.

---

About parents; I dunno, I don't need them but I dunno either way... If they'd be made fitting enough I wouldn't complain. And yeah, they need motivation for story to move on. Even the games have kind of motivations, I'd argue Sonic's motivation in Sonic 1 is at least to free animals and kick some Robuttnik for putting the animals in the robots in the first place...

---

Nega, I'd be interested to actually see how the comics would treat him as a character. About the fact Eggman would destroy the world just to get rid of Sonic, well... In post-reboot he didn't like the idea of world destroyed because he couldn't rule a destroyed world. If we're talking about WC's ending though, I think it was more about not letting Sonic have his way about how the world should be and less about I'll destroy everything. If he can't have the world as he wants, Sonic won't have his way either. I'd think about it more like that, though I could be wrong again...

---

Funny you guys're talking about storybook stuff, I got some serious "Black Knight" vibes from those SU #95 pages that saw the daylight with some other stuff as well...

I'll start crying again... seriously I feel less and less able to attach my heart into anything ongoing licenced stuff again...

• Thumbs Up 3

Now that Eggman has nothing to do with Robo-Robotnik whatsoever, we need Nega more than ever. He would be a great villain for the book.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, hedgie said:

Possibly. They DID say there were still certain restrictions when it comes to certain characters so the mandates should've been expected.

Mandates like no character development allowed hopefully are gone.

Hopefully because it could be nice seeing what the writers could do with the characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

I'm just hoping there will be more of a sense of communication and reasoning.

Well Ian did say that they could talk to Sega on a case-by-case basis

5 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

So do you guys think that even with mandates SEGA will be less strict when it comes to the rules?

Until we have solid proof, that's just wishful thoughts.

I believe they used the word "freedom" because they do know that most people blame the mandates for most problems the post-reboot had, while we know that's not true. It was just marketing.

12 hours ago, hedgie said:

That I can live with. The ones I have a problem with are moronic mandates like "No character development allowed".

I agree. I'm also hoping we can see Cream in action more.

14 hours ago, hedgie said:

That I can live with. The ones I have a problem with are moronic mandates like "No character development allowed".

I'm absolutely certain there never was such a mandate and Ian keeping the Sega Characters consistent was just viewed as "No Character Development".

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 2

12 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I'm absolutely certain there never was such a mandate and Ian keeping the Sega Characters consistent was just viewed as "No Character Development".

I did see some development with Sonic and his Werehog form.