Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Ah, ABT being on line art explains the appearance of background character Lanolin, as well as the general style resembling his work.

I guess when someone else is doing the inks and colours, his general style gets a little obscured! Not that it's an issue at all, his line art will always shine through, not to disrespect everyone else (the colours really make the pages pop, almost as much as they had in issue 1.)

It would be nice if ABT were a recurring artist on the book. I like his work~!

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Polkadi~♪ said:

It would be nice if ABT were a recurring artist on the book. I like his work~!

Isn't he tho?

If memory serves correctly, he's done the interior art for 3 or 4 of the issues so far (we are only up to issue 12 lol) and he got tabbed to so the ASR Tie-In too. He looks like a regular as far as I am concerned.

Most of the best issues in the series so far are the ones he's been on the art team for. No small coincidence there.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Isn't he tho?

If memory serves correctly, he's done the interior art for 3 or 4 of the issues so far (we are only up to issue 12 lol) and he got tabbed to so the ASR Tie-In too. He looks like a regular as far as I am concerned.

Most of the best issues in the series so far are the ones he's been on the art team for. No small coincidence there.

He's probably not going to be doing much work on the book in the near future since he's doing art for a new Samurai Jack series IDW is doing starting in April. 

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

He's probably not going to be doing much work on the book in the near future since he's doing art for a new Samurai Jack series IDW is doing starting in April. 

Here is hoping he can bounce back and forth because that would be a devastating loss. His art is a real high point.

14 hours ago, Sonictrainer said:
  Hide contents

I like the idea of the "Resistance" changing to the "Restoration" as they try to restore the damage done from the war...or the protect the world from the incoming outbreak.

Spoiler

I like that too. Amy has a new mission!

Here's 2 more preview pages

Spoiler

Sonic_13-pr-6.jpeg

Sonic_13-pr-7.jpeg

So basically this is gonna be like Roboticization from the satAM/Archie Sonic era far as I can tell.

• Thumbs Up 4

I just noticed that it was...

Spoiler

It was Starline who gave Tails the paper, if you notice the portal above Tails, and the paper

image0.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Spoiler

They call themselves the Restoration now? I was hoping there wasn't going to be anymore organizations but they needed it to give Amy that job everyone was looking for her to have as uninteresting as it looks and sounds it did turn Amy in to a librarian so she can't be crazy about Sonic.

16 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:
  Hide contents

They call themselves the Restoration now? I was hoping there wasn't going to be anymore organizations but they needed it to give Amy that job everyone was looking for her to have as uninteresting as it looks and sounds it did turn Amy in to a librarian so she can't be crazy about Sonic.

Spoiler

Or maybe it's because people want Amy to be more of a character beyond constantly fawning over Sonic and have her actually have a personality beyond being either love-crazy, or over the top angry.

Having Amy be the only one of the group who actually bothered to head up an organisation is actually one of the most interesting things this series has come out with yet, because not only does it put Amy in the leadership role that's not only implied in Team Rose throughout Sonic Heroes, but it also shows that Amy was the only one kind-hearted enough to keep working, and trying to help others while Knuckles, Tails and Sonic all went to their own places to relax after the battle with Eggman and Metal.

This isn't some stupid conspiracy from Ian or any one else to keep Amy from ""being crazy about Sonic", it's about making Amy an actual character who has more of a personality, and more of an motivation in the group beyond constantly chasing Sonic which gets annoying extremely quickly. Considering previous issues showed her still trying to fawn over Sonic before snapping herself out of it to go back to the task at hand - it's being used in a smarter, and even cuter way than having Amy's worst moments highlighted by her not being able to leave Sonic alone for five minutes.

The exact same way we don't need Shadow being around 24/7 kicking everyone's ass for Sonic, we don't need the literal entirety of Amy's character being chasing Sonic around and trying to force him into a marriage.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Fist Bump 4

Maybe Shadow's goal should've just been to lock Tinker up instead of kill him.

Spoiler

Sonic pondering that'd maybe it'd have been a better idea to let Shadow murder Eggman is kinda weird. And.. it'll raise the question why Shadow never does it the next time he's involved in an Eggman fight.

1 minute ago, Razule said:

Hide contents

Sonic pondering that'd maybe it'd have been a better idea to let Shadow murder Eggman is kinda weird. And.. it'll raise the question why Shadow never does it the next time he's involved in an Eggman fight.

Spoiler

He isn't pondering that murdering Tinker would've been a better answer, Sonic probably would've stepped in either way to suggest locking up Eggman rather than killing him, he means that he and the Chaotix vouched for Eggman having lost his memory and no longer being a danger, to which Shadow then warned them about it being a lie. 

Sonic's referring to the fact that Shadow was likely correct and Eggman was back to his old tricks, rather than literally agreeing they should've killed Eggman. I think right now, the point Sonic would be regretting is letting Eggman live in peace and with freedom, as opposed to locking him up to ensure he can't hurt anyone again.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Hide contents

Like I said, characters like Shadow and Infinite might be neat spices to occasionally make things more complicated and dire than they would be normally, but they can get pretty hard to use otherwise when things are trying to be light.

1 hour ago, Razule said:

Maybe Shadow's goal should've just been to lock Tinker up instead of kill him

He escaped from his cell, even when he forgot he was evil.

Either way, Starline would have found him and teleported him out with his Warp Topaz.

2 hours ago, Razule said:

Hide contents

In the mobile game , shadow the hedgehog treats him like a crazy old grandpa he kind of has to stop. Even though he would be the grandpa or at least the great uncle in this scenaio. It was playful and showed that shadow didn't really think of him as a threat that was of any note.

And shadow despite the world ending treating eggman as not that great of a threat would have been a pretty funny joke.

However... Ian decided to make the first issue about not murdering eggman.... and now that spector will follow the comic.

7 minutes ago, Shadowlax said:

In the mobile game , shadow the hedgehog treats him like a crazy old grandpa he kind of has to stop. Even though he would be the grandpa or at least the great uncle in this scenaio. It was playful and showed that shadow didn't really think of him as a threat that was of any note.

And shadow despite the world ending treating eggman as not that great of a threat would have been a pretty funny joke.

However... Ian decided to make the first issue about not murdering eggman.... and now that spector will follow the comic.

Yeah, I always remember Shadow and for the most part "The Doctor" being pretty casual to indifferent with each other, comparatively speaking.

With that said, I do think Shadow being on the aggressive after everything that happened with Forces is definitely an interesting way to follow that up, but you know.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

Yeah, I always remember Shadow and for the most part "The Doctor" being pretty casual to indifferent with each other, comparatively speaking.

1 minute ago, DabigRG said:

With that said, I do think Shadow being on the aggressive after everything that happened with Forces is definitely an interesting way to follow that up, but you know.

I'm not saying shadow shouldn't get angry or something, I think in character if shadow would have found about that deer girls situation in archie he would have strait up tried to kill eggman. But having this be your introduction to shadow creates expectations that are never going to work out

2 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Hide contents

Or maybe it's because people want Amy to be more of a character beyond constantly fawning over Sonic and have her actually have a personality beyond being either love-crazy, or over the top angry.

Having Amy be the only one of the group who actually bothered to head up an organisation is actually one of the most interesting things this series has come out with yet, because not only does it put Amy in the leadership role that's not only implied in Team Rose throughout Sonic Heroes, but it also shows that Amy was the only one kind-hearted enough to keep working, and trying to help others while Knuckles, Tails and Sonic all went to their own places to relax after the battle with Eggman and Metal.

This isn't some stupid conspiracy from Ian or any one else to keep Amy from ""being crazy about Sonic", it's about making Amy an actual character who has more of a personality, and more of an motivation in the group beyond constantly chasing Sonic which gets annoying extremely quickly. Considering previous issues showed her still trying to fawn over Sonic before snapping herself out of it to go back to the task at hand - it's being used in a smarter, and even cuter way than having Amy's worst moments highlighted by her not being able to leave Sonic alone for five minutes.

The exact same way we don't need Shadow being around 24/7 kicking everyone's ass for Sonic, we don't need the literal entirety of Amy's character being chasing Sonic around and trying to force him into a marriage.

Spoiler

I still don't get why people want Amy to stop fawning over Sonic when other characters constantly do the same traits in each game their in like how Sonic runs fast in every game and Eggman is always the bad guy in every game. How is Amy heading the new organization interesting when I know that its only their to add on more reasons for Amy to not actively look for Sonic in Sonic Heroes there are four leaders but Amy gets pick for the characterless deck job not even adding her own Sonic loving twist to it.

It makes it sound more like a conspiracy when people start saying Amy wasn't an actual character at some point or time. Watching Amy snapping herself out of fawning over Sonic every single time gets old fast and it can only ever last one page anymore than that and Ian will cut it off being used in a safer way then smarter. I have yet to see Amy act cute past #2 and the games Amy is way cuter.   

8 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:
  Hide contents

I still don't get why people want Amy to stop fawning over Sonic when other characters constantly do the same traits in each game their in like how Sonic runs fast in every game and Eggman is always the bad guy in every game. How is Amy heading the new organization interesting when I know that its only their to add on more reasons for Amy to not actively look for Sonic in Sonic Heroes there are four leaders but Amy gets pick for the characterless deck job not even adding her own Sonic loving twist to it.

Probably because Sonic being fast and Eggman being megalomaniacal can be done in a large variety of ways and with different setups, whereas Amy loving Sonic is less so at least five modes while relying on a specific character.

Plus, I will concede that Amy can indeed be "cute"--with or without Sonic.

2 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It makes it sound more like a conspiracy when people start saying Amy wasn't an actual character at some point or time. Watching Amy snapping herself out of fawning over Sonic every single time gets old fast and it can only ever last one page anymore than that and Ian will cut it off being used in a safer way then smarter. I have yet to see Amy act cute past #2 and the games Amy is way cuter.   

Not to be rude, but you appear have an unhealthy obsession with Amy. Every time you're here in this thread, you always have to complain about how Amy is characterized no matter what. Even Shadowlax, who absolutely loves to go into passionate arguments about Shadow at least occasionally talks about other things in the comic. This is starting to get pretty old and a bit annoying.

• Absolutely 2

21 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Not to be rude, but you appear have an unhealthy obsession with Amy. Every time you're here in this thread, you always have to complain about how Amy is characterized no matter what. Even Shadowlax, who absolutely loves to go into passionate arguments about Shadow at least occasionally talks about other things in the comic. This is starting to get pretty old and a bit annoying.

She also likes the apparently least liked Zeti right now.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, I like seeing passion of fans of particular characters like Shadow or Amy or Cream...

But, if we remove Amy from her leadership position, what do you expect to happen? Either she chases Sonic or does nothing...

So Flynn did great changes by having her actually do something.

• Thumbs Up 1