Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Since we're on topic of the Pontaff, I'm going to do something insane: praise him for something.

Sonic Lost World is only Sonic game, where story is about Sonic. As if, about him as a character. In every game there is a problem (Eggman or other villain) and Sonic is here to fix the problem, nothing more. All the drama/growth/something happens to Shadow/Tikal/Emerl/Blaze/Elise/Avatar/evenMarine. Sonic is here to fix a problem, maaaaybe make a friend. But we know it's Shara and Chip who were changed by this, not Sonic.

Lost World focus really is about Sonic as a character. Sonic messed up. Sonic got into argument with his best bud. Sonic who goes through emotional conflicts.

..sorry I'm probably going off-topic here. I just didn't felt like starting whole new thread just to post it.

That is a very good point. Hell, most of the Deadly Six had their eye on him specifically, with getting revenge on Eggman being more attributed of the greater goal of making themselves stronger.

2 hours ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

Uh oh, he brought out the Knowing Smile again. 
Anyways, I'm still interested in the comic, and I trust Ian as a writer to surprise us. I do think it's a slow start, but I have no doubt the ball will be rolling. I go into this with low expectations, as we shouldn't get anything too surprising in the first year.

What's goin on with Chubby Ted Nugent there?  

Yep, TSSZ's doing a coverage stream. We also have a reporter on the scene that will be streaming the panel. Hopefully there's no technical difficulties!

• Thumbs Up 4

We has people there too.

Live tweets happening and pics posting up as it unfolds.

• Thumbs Up 4

38 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Yep, TSSZ's doing a coverage stream. We also have a reporter on the scene that will be streaming the panel. Hopefully there's no technical difficulties!

This post didn't age well.

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 6

1 minute ago, Razule said:

No bare-feet characters mandate confirmed

So you just have to wear flip flops and you'll bypass the mandate.

Oh Big, you've done it again.

• Thumbs Up 6

9 minutes ago, Razule said:

No bare-feet characters mandate confirmed

Why is that a mandate? Out of all the things that can be a mandate, that? XD

Just now, dbzfan7 said:

Several reasons.

For one, they can't be arsed designing feet for the Sonic franchise (which is why we have blob feet).

Two, they'd rather the characters to be known by their shoes instead.

Three, it's fetish fuel. Need I say more?

• Nice Smile 1
  • Chuckle 1
  • Fist Bump 1

5 minutes ago, Razule said:

Has there been much info we didn't know already yet?

Tangle's outfit was inspired by Bruce Lee.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, Polkadi said:

Several reasons.

For one, they can't be arsed designing feet for the Sonic franchise (which is why we have blob feet).

Two, they'd rather the characters to be known by their shoes instead.

Three, it's fetish fuel. Need I say more?

Wouldn't be the first time in comics but the less I remember the blobs the better XD

True those shoe designs are iconic.

Y...yeah....th...that was my guess why......:wacko:

7 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

The style guide, man, gotta stick to the style guide

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, Zaysho said:

That's nice. Now how about you try addressing actual fucking criticisms in this thread instead of reposting something trying to invalidate any critique because "lol Sonic fans are never happy"

This book shouldn't get a free pass because it's a first issue. If you liked it, fine, but I'm not going to allow this crap to drag down this thread.

This was my tweet, wasn’t meant to bring any thread down. Didn’t expect such a reaction from posting my thoughts. Sorry if it became a headache for ya. 

That said, don’t think I was invalidating ANY criticism brought to the book outside of those who are already hating it who A) Haven’t read it themselves or B ) for not being immediately “Archie Sonic 2.0”.

18 hours ago, Diogenes said:

I'm not asking for "a masterwork of continuity and drama", I'm asking for, like...any kind of hook. The first issue should be working its ass off to draw the reader into it, but I really don't feel anything from this. The action feels flaccid, the tension is minimal, there's a weird amount of continuity/expected knowledge for a first issue (and it feels less like setup to be elaborated on later and more like "I sure hope you played Sonic Forces before reading this!"), and neither the mystery antagonist nor the mystery of the antagonist are compelling yet. It feels like it's exclusively for people who are already Sonic fans and are starved for Sonic content, and I'm not sold on its appeal or value outside of that.

Did we have a discussion last night? Just wanted to see if it was ya.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

Just now, Razule said:

The style guide, man, gotta stick to the style guide

But everyone loves a good beach shenanigans episode/issue XD. Knuckles in dreads, a hawaiin shirt, and sun glasses....we'll never get that now.............or his sick hat....

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, dbzfan7 said:

But everyone loves a good beach shenanigans episode/issue XD. Knuckles in dreads, a hawaiin shirt, and sun glasses....we'll never get that now.............or his sick hat....

Accessories are okay, I imagine. Just so long as you don't attempt to clothe the males in any way, or change the clothing of the females. Or have the characters permanently wear their accessories.

If we could Tails in an adorable bowtie for one issue in the Archie post-reboot, we can have Knuckles's sweet hat for one issue.

6 hours ago, Mayor D said:

And before anyone quotes that Ryan guy (who is he?) again, see Mega Drive 1 and even Fleetway issue 1 for an example of how to make a good issue 1 story.

Hi! That me!

Story structure is clearly going to be different from your examples since it was planned from the get-go as a weekly series. So I see it as a giant size #1 instead of a monthly comic structure. Thats all.  Plus I feel i saw some complaints about how Mega Drive #1 ended actually having a hook. So its going to be different person to person.

6 hours ago, RedFox99 said:

I guess I was being hasty in quoting Ryan Fair.

No worries. It literally never has happened till now. I was planning on getting involved with this board again after the issue released; guess this was a good start lol. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

20 minutes ago, chaosjam said:

This was my tweet, wasn’t meant to bring any thread down. Didn’t expect such a reaction from posting my thoughts. Sorry if it became a headache for ya.

It wasn't aimed at you, specifically. I don't have a problem if you were avoiding spoilers (though, if I may, the tweet itself kinda seemed like it was blowing up people's criticisms into something they weren't--which is something I really don't want to see happen in this thread), but I took issue with someone just copy pasting someone else's thoughts which seemed more like an attempt to just shut up any dissent. I actually recognized the name and icon as belonging to a member on these boards too and I just couldn't place it lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1