Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

Just now, PublicEnemy1 said:

No, it comes off as psychotic and unnecessary. Even if she was playing around, well, it certainly isn't going to help in getting Sonic. In fact, that's not even being a good friend, just... mean-spirited if she was just playing with his feelings by beating him up and "pretending" to force him into marriage. Both ways are not the way Amy should be, IMO.

If Amy is mean-spirited just for saying that she has a boyfriend then Sonic and others have been very mean-spirited to her and she's beating him up? Amy wasn't the only one in that fight going off that boss fight alone Sonic and his team was trying to beat her up, but realistically she was just trying to hug him as you can't force a 750MPH man in to marriage and when has Amy ever beaten anyone up.

Just now, Sonictrainer said:

So basically it's been 10 years since Amy was a big part of the plot in the game universe. That's kind of depressing.

Yet the only thing you want her to do is fangirl over Sonic?

BOOM Sonic at least shows that he has feelings for Amy and vice versa, so its mutual.

After 2010 Sonic games mainly became Sonic focus.

I want her to be in love with Sonic without fear despite of what others may think of her she has done a lot of other things when in love how does that mean I only want her to be in love with Sonic or "fangirl" if you will.

Its mutual in all games. 

( Can I combine post here manually? )

4 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

of her she has done a lot of other things when in love how does that mean I only want her to be in love with Sonic or "fangirl" if you will.

You just answered your own question.

8 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Its mutual in all games.

latest?cb=20110921204130

tumblr_o2k2cdpeiN1u5cb23o1_500.png

latest?cb=20160404033257&path-prefix=pro

Nope, only in the BOOM universe.

• Thumbs Up 8

5 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

latest?cb=20110921204130

You forgot this gem, or shoulda included it XD

latest?cb=20120806175618&key=b2f5d418568

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 6

51 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I was talking about character designs being important to the Sonic franchise as a whole in general. I wasn't only talking about the comics... the comics is nearly the only place story has mattered for Sonic. Of course story is important for the comics, I didn't say they were not for the comics. But the characters including their designs is still a very big part of the appeal to the fan base even for the comics. But trying to say people don't care about the character designs much is just simply not true. For example if the Sonic games or comics were just about generic looking humans.... I NEVER would had gave this franchise the time of day, and I doubt many people overall would had either.

your telling me a man or kid with blue spiky hair would not excite you :P

Just now, Sonictrainer said:

latest?cb=20110921204130

Here's my answer.

Amy Rose.png

DVS2gf2WAAAsWAM.jpg

Amy Rose 2.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Those are all the same as the first thing he posted. Do you know what mutual attraction looks like? Because it does not look like the girl sitting on the guy she likes so he can't get away. In all of those images, Sonic is clearly uncomfortable.

I might add that you said it's mutual in the games, where all your images are taken from Sonic X.

• Thumbs Up 9

Just now, Shaddy the Zaphod said:

Those are all the same as the first thing he posted. Do you know what mutual attraction looks like? Because it does not look like the girl sitting on the guy she likes so he can't get away. In all of those images, Sonic is clearly uncomfortable.

I might add that you said it's mutual in the games, where all your images are taken from Sonic X.

Sonic doesn't look uncomfortable in that pic and I got lazy so I didn't get any game pic. But Black Knights Sonic & Amy date is a good one for there mutual love also Sonic choose to not stop Amy from sitting on him as he could have just gotten up.

2 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Sonic doesn't look uncomfortable in that pic

Ok but he does though. 

2 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

and I got lazy so I didn't get any game pic.

~

6 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

But Black Knights Sonic & Amy date is a good one for there mutual love

Except Sonic doesn't seem to excited for that, and really if you constantly have to look for the smallest signs of attraction for a character, it's more than likely that they don't feel anything as strongly as you hope they do.

7 minutes ago, Fire-N-Space said:

also Sonic choose to not stop Amy from sitting on him as he could have just gotten up.

That's a baseless assumption, and in the very same episode Sonic himself toys with Amy's feelings for him as a method to try to get off the cruise ship. That's all he can think about for the entire episode and at the time she's just restraining him from running all over the place and trying to jump off it.

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

your telling me a man or kid with blue spiky hair would not excite you :P

No. I seen 1000s of cartoons/anime, If just a spiky hair hot headed kid was all I needed I'd have more then enough other series I could follow. They have to do far better then something generic as that. Sonic's stories are nothing special alone. The stories typically are not the reason I like the Sonic franchise. Most people I've talked to often say couple reasons why they like the Sonic franchise is the character designs/art style and or the gameplay. Very few people I know highly praise the story telling outside of the comics.

3 hours ago, Fire-N-Space said:

Here's my answer.

DVS2gf2WAAAsWAM.jpg

Hey, I remember context of that pic. Sonic manipulated Amy into acting like crazy, so he could escape from the ship and then he was hiding from her at tall mast, trembling in fear. The only reason he smiles is because Eggman showed up to fight him.

Crazy lovebirds, am I right?

Honestly, I'm open to possibility that Sonic one day may mature enough to be in relation and return Amy feelings (and by future I mean 'not from our perspective, since Sonic never ages). Maaaaybe even that he deep down likes her, just doesn't want to admit it to himself because that's against his lifestyle (in games I mean. In archie he dated Sally, so no excuse there). But anyone who think he likes her-likes her now? Is as delusonal as, well, Amy.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1

Alright I think this Amy stuff can be put into another topic. I'm not sure where it's even going anymore in regards to IDW or what the discussion adds here. It's an interesting discussion though for another topic

I don't believe I said anything on the new characters. I can't really comment I guess. I don't mind the designs, but I probably need to see them in action first as they'll be drawn several times then, and I'll get a better idea if I like the design in "motion" or not.

• Thumbs Up 7

44 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

I can't really comment I guess. I don't mind the designs, but I probably need to see them in action first as they'll be drawn several times then, and I'll get a better idea if I like the design in "motion" or not.

Yeah, this has been a oretry long tnagent, so let"s move on now. To me, the designs look pretty unique for Sonic standards because of how dark they kind of look.

Honestly, I prefer Amy from SA2 than SA1, because she's snarkier and more active, less of a damsel in distress (but yeah, she's still one in both games, she has to be protected even by Tails), and frees Sonic from Prison Island, she makes jokes and even mocks Sonic, which is clear Ian likes this dynamic, I like it too. The banter is fun, as it's said in that solicit from issue #2. SA2 may also be a bit of a continuation from her SA1 personality, at the end of Amy's story she says she wants to be more independent and rely less on Sonic, that's what she tries to do in SA2. Obviously Heroes erased that, but I'm glad SEGA wants to make Amy more likeable now, instead of focusing on her fangirling alone.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Jack of Tangles said:

The banter is fun, as it's said in that solicit from issue #2. SA2 may also be a bit of a continuation from her SA1 personality, at the end of Amy's story she says she wants to be more independent and rely less on Sonic, that's what she tries to do in SA2. Obviously Heroes erased that, but I'm glad SEGA wants to make Amy more likeable now, instead of focusing on her fangirling alone.

Eh, to be fair, she wasn't relying on Sonic in Heroes so much as letting her feelings for him be a convenient subgoal to helping Cream & Big and then going gaga when they actually find him, thus leaving the actual conflict between their respective teammates. Once his innocence was made known and he got away, she then tried to focus more on helping Cream and Big find out who really took Froggy and Chocola.(Or, at least that was the basic intent--the storytelling in Team Rose's story is not the best in that game)

In fact, Heroes was more or less part of an evolution of her character in which she leads her own team and [originally] gained her own sidekick in Cream in the process. So really, it's more of a case of old habits dying hard.

Also, remember that she wanted to be more independent and less reliant on Sonic because she wanted him to respect her.

OK, can we please move away from the SonAmy and move on to predictions of IDW now that we got a bit more information?

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, PublicEnemy1 said:

OK, can we please move away from the SonAmy and move on to predictions of IDW now that we got a bit more information?

Given what Ian said about the first year being "one big arc", I wonder if Forces will be prominent through said.

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

When Ian going to address two worlds

I asked that question on the IDW Sonic Facebook group and they approved it, so maybe the answer maybe coming sooner than we think.

• Thumbs Up 3

29 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Speaking of the "Two Worlds", do you guys think Ian can make it work?

It's possible, but it's better to avoid the situation at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, RedFox99 said:

Speaking of the "Two Worlds", do you guys think Ian can make it work?

Possi- oh, Espio

Probably, it's a new universe after all so he could theoretically change some details to make it make sense, but if he has the option to not I'd greatly prefer he just go with one world.

Worst case scenario, he's mandated to make it two worlds but doesn't want to work it in so he uses loopholes to avoid mentioning it. They travel between worlds through an off-screen gate that's never brought up. I mean, there's usually a cut between the locations they travel to anyway because that's how stories work, so this technically wouldn't be a problem?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, SonicWind said:

Let's face it-- it wouldn't be Sonic without the guy. At this point, he's a staple of the franchise.

Correction: He's always been a staple from the beginning of the franchise.

• Thumbs Up 3