Awoo.

IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog - Megathread

Dejimon11

16 hours ago, NikoS said:

Oh, one thing i'm sure is that i've spent some (read: a lot) days reading the Mobius Encyclopaedia and the Sonic wiki, i love reading these things, and i'm glad that the IDW Sonic HUB is already a thing.

is that being run by the same people or a new group? I loved the detail the mobiuspedia group did when it came to chronologically detailing event's from both worlds. the star wars wookiepedia does the same thing with their "legacy" and "canon" sections.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

3 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

is that being run by the same people or a new group?

"IDW Sonic Hub started in October 2017 and was started by members of Mobius Encyclopaedia who wanted to continue documenting the new Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series after the unfortunate cancellation of the long running comic book series of the same name published by Archie Comics Publications."

Some of the same crew as before. I assume not all the Archie fans wanted to jump, but if there's at least a few from the old lot I assume they'll probably keep that detail (if even possible). 

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

"IDW Sonic Hub started in October 2017 and was started by members of Mobius Encyclopaedia who wanted to continue documenting the new Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series after the unfortunate cancellation of the long running comic book series of the same name published by Archie Comics Publications."

Some of the same crew as before. I assume not all the Archie fans wanted to jump, but if there's at least a few from the old lot I assume they'll probably keep that detail (if even possible). 

Nice! though it's good some of the crew stayed behind to finish documenting the Archie comic. I guess the only benefit to having Archie's comic canceled is the fact that the wiki crew can complete the Mobiuspedia.

6 minutes ago, goku262002 said:

Nice! though it's good some of the crew stayed behind to finish documenting the Archie comic. I guess the only benefit to having Archie's comic canceled is the fact that the wiki crew can complete the Mobiuspedia.

This is a weird Catharsis I get when something I like dies.

"Finally I know everything about this franchise. I'm ultimate (insert_name) nerd!)

And five years later thing gets a god damn reboot. Why Ben 10? Why?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 2

I feel ya brother, poor Ben 10 and the state it's in...

At least we know the comic isn't going to reboot again after this IDW run begins. I'm sure theirs placements now so that way a Penders disaster can never happen, even if Ian had a huge falling out with SEGA and IDW this comic is still going to run it's course.

• Thumbs Up 4

18 hours ago, NikoS said:

Oh, one thing i'm sure is that i've spent some (read: a lot) days reading the Mobius Encyclopaedia and the Sonic wiki, i love reading these things, and i'm glad that the IDW Sonic HUB is already a thing.

Damn. I shit talk the Fandom a lot but I gotta admire how quick it is.

Anyway I'm hoping that like Transformers, TMNT and My Little Pony before it Sonic gets a series of Spotlights/Micro Series soon into it's run. It'd be nice to get short oneshots that introduce us to the characters through their own Sonicless adventures.

• Thumbs Up 5

49 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Damn. I shit talk the Fandom a lot but I gotta admire how quick it is.

Anyway I'm hoping that like Transformers, TMNT and My Little Pony before it Sonic gets a series of Spotlights/Micro Series soon into it's run. It'd be nice to get short oneshots that introduce us to the characters through their own Sonicless adventures.

The only downside to that is we have barely anything to cover yet :P

Also do IDW still do annuals? I want it to get those too.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

5 hours ago, goku262002 said:

I feel ya brother, poor Ben 10 and the state it's in...

At least we know the comic isn't going to reboot again after this IDW run begins. I'm sure theirs placements now so that way a Penders disaster can never happen, even if Ian had a huge falling out with SEGA and IDW this comic is still going to run it's course.

I liked the been 10 cartoon when he was older, like a teen n stuff

20 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

I get them not wanting to do it so often that it'd wear the appeal out, but I swear Flynn just never did it in his era beyond...what, Enerjak's Return? Hedgehog Havoc at a push? which is a shame because that was never really a focus in those arcs. 

Umm, do you think the Croctobot teamup in his first story would be too much of a push? It was for only few panels after all. I'm not sure about this one but I felt like asking anyway.

• Nice Smile 1

23 hours ago, NikoS said:

Same here. And I like to edit stuff there. :)

• Promotion 1
  • Nice Smile 1

12 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

Wait what news?

Uhhh...
Covers.
Artists.
Tangle.
That sort of news.

That we need more of.

Just now, PublicEnemy1 said:

Uhhh...
Covers.
Artists.
Tangle.
That sort of news.

That we need more of.

I meant like new news today

8 minutes ago, dbzfan7 said:

I meant like new news today

I didn't say today. I said that what we got. Like, recently. I wish there was some news today.

The admins on the Facebook group haven't approved any posts in two days now (though I had a fairly reasonable fanart post rejected), so hopefully they have some sort of news they're gonna put out soon and they want to thin out unrelated discussion for it. Can't imagine what though, since we're still 2 months from release.

23 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

The only downside to that is we have barely anything to cover yet :P

Also do IDW still do annuals? I want it to get those too.

They do but they're less Annual and more "Infrequent 48 Page Specials that they call Annuals".

• Thumbs Up 1

Not typically. Solicitations happen on the Wednesday before the last one of the month. That'll make the turnaround shorter next month, but it's still not January. 

4 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Not typically. Solicitations happen on the Wednesday before the last one of the month. That'll make the turnaround shorter next month, but it's still not January. 

I think he was talking about the Previews magazine, which drops tomorrow, the one where Sonic got a cover along with Tails and Tangle. I doubt it has new info though, it's probably the same stuff we got last week.

I really hope IDW eventually continues the collected editions of the archie comics (archives,select,etc.) I only have all the collected editions that archie released because I only got into the comics when they were cancelled. Its sad having an incomplete collection. I doubt they would think about it until they have been doing their own comic for quite a while though. Hopefully.

12 hours ago, UmbraTheHedgehog said:

I really hope IDW eventually continues the collected editions of the archie comics (archives,select,etc.) I only have all the collected editions that archie released because I only got into the comics when they were cancelled. Its sad having an incomplete collection. I doubt they would think about it until they have been doing their own comic for quite a while though. Hopefully.

The big issue with doing Archie Reprints would be having to deal with Penders. Frankly I don't think anyone wants that. It wouldn't end well.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

It's nothing major, but issue 3's cover is included in the previews guide released today, which I assume someone will scan soon. Just has Sonic and Knuckles going up a wall, Rough and Tumble aren't featured.