Awoo.

Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System (September 29, $80, 21 games, Star Fox 2)

Marcello

9 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

Hopefully this will have good sound emulation unlike the million Megadrive/Genesis remake consoles.

If we go by the NES Classic specs, that one had even better quality than the VC emulations of the games, so sound quality should be safe.

HOLLLLLLLLYYYY SHITTTTTT

Metroid is back, Pokemon is finally coming to a console, the SNES Mini is real, and Star Fox 2 is finally being released.

This year is truly going to be one of the greats for Nintendo. 

• Thumbs Up 2

It's also the first time Star Fox has been re-released as well... I really want it just for that duology! especially since this will be the first time the COMPLETE version of star fox 2 has been released, now that will be amazing to see

Thanks to the Super Famicon reveal, we know my guess is right! the front flap opens up

img_03.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/corporate...17/170627.html

img_01.jpg

Super Famicom Mini comes with different titles! 

Included Title List

Note: The release dates and publisher names are the information from the original Super Famicom versions.
Title Name Release Date Publisher Name
Super Mario World November 21, 1990 Nintendo
F-ZERO November 21, 1990 Nintendo
The Legend of the Mystical Ninja July 19, 1991 KONAMI
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts® October 4, 1991 Capcom
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past November 21, 1991 Nintendo
Super Soccer December 13, 1991 Human Entertainment
Contra III: The Alien Wars February 28, 1992 KONAMI
Super Mario Kart August 27, 1992 Nintendo
Star Fox February 21, 1993 Nintendo
Secret of Mana August 6, 1993 Square
Mega Man X December 17, 1993 Capcom
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem January 21, 1994 Nintendo
Super Metroid March 19, 1994 Nintendo
Final Fantasy VI April 2, 1994 Square
Super Street Fighter II June 25, 1994 Capcom
Donkey Kong Country November 26, 1994 Nintendo
Yoshi's Island August 5, 1995 Nintendo
Panel de Pon October 27, 1995 Nintendo
Super Mario RPG March 9, 1996 Nintendo
Kirby Super Star March 21, 1996 Nintendo
Star Fox 2 (*) Unreleased Nintendo

img_02.jpg

Panel de Pon pisses me off so much. Nintendo f***ed that series so many times, and the original localized version can never get re-released because they f***ing named it Tetris Attack when it doesn't have a damn thing to do with Tetris. And I love it for that fact. Panel de Pon is amazing. But we can never GET that game re-released because NoA f***ed it over.

Tbh I want the Super Famicon Mini far more than the SNES Mini.

Welp I decided to preorder the SNES mini mainly for Earthbound and the other RPG's. Hopefully it'll be a good investment.

48 minutes ago, Mightyray said:

Welp I decided to preorder the SNES mini mainly for Earthbound and the other RPG's. Hopefully it'll be a good investment.

Can confirm that Final Fantasy VI (III), Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, and Secret of Mana are all great games.

How this collection has all of the best SNES RPGs and not have Chrono Trigger in it is beyond me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Lots of missing gems. If DKC2 and DKC3 was there, I'd totally buy it. 

Less games and more expensive than NES Mini. Shame on you, Nintendo. SNES deserved a much better collector's product.

1 hour ago, molul said:

Lots of missing gems. If DKC2 and DKC3 was there, I'd totally buy it. 

Less games and more expensive than NES Mini. Shame on you, Nintendo. SNES deserved a much better collector's product.

To be fair though, the games are miles better and quite a few of them are miles longer than the NES games so its quality > quantity in this case.

16 hours ago, Ratcicle King said:

If we go by the NES Classic specs, that one had even better quality than the VC emulations of the games, so sound quality should be safe.

The NES Classic was replicating much, much less complex hardware than the SNES and that silly custom chip they had Sony make them; as known by anyone who played one of the games on this list that ended up on the GBA.

2 hours ago, molul said:

The NES Mini had more games and about half of them weren't very good; included more because people know about them rather than any value they contributed to the system or how worthwhile they are today. This one is a very good grabbag of games from the console's entire lifespan and the only thing close to a stinker this time is Street Fighter II. It could have been much worse even if there are games "missing" (and I don't think Chrono Trigger would have been a realistic expectation anyway), since think about the amount of completely worthless games for the SNES that quickly ended up on Virtual Console and were probably considered for this just because they were popular at the time. Stuff like Final Fight or the even-worse versions of Street Fighter II.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dang I'm pretty salty about Japan getting Panel De Pon, I mean I don't care about that version specifically but I'd have really liked Tetris Attack on this thing since I just like the "Puzzle League" series (as it's known nowadays) generally.

1 hour ago, MegasonicZX said:

To be fair though, the games are miles better and quite a few of them are miles longer than the NES games so its quality > quantity in this case.

My question is: was it that hard adding, for instance, dkc2 and 3, super mario all stars, megaman x2 and 3? Like 20MB more maybe? Dkc2 is universally praised as the better off the trilogy, come on. 

Well, this product is just not for me :P

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

Technically, there will be shops with them available If you're lucky enough to source it. The good news however is this shouldn't be limited to an initial release run as Nintendo did promise larger stock on top of the Nes Mini coming back next summer so don't give up hope.

Mine finally arrived today too. And it's beautiful. Can't get over that the controllers are the right size and bigger than the console XD.

Boy, I'm glad I took that random day off work and with a cruise on the web/amazon at the right time all them months ago.