Awoo.

Sonic Boom Returning Characters and Newer Games

Blueknight V2.0

With Sonic Boom Season 2 wrapping up in November, now with only 20 episodes left to go. As we approach the end of the season, we will be seeing Shadow and more returning characters from the Modern Sonic games redesigned for Boom. Metal Sonic will no doubt appear, because as of Robots From The Sky Part 4 they were trying to fit Metal into Season 2. A possible renewal of Sonic Boom Season 3 may probably come in October. The longer Sonic Boom goes also means more games and Modern Characters redesigned for Boom. I think the other returning characters that return outside of Shadow and Metal would be Silver, Blaze, Rouge and Espio. So what do you guys think, what characters do you want to see return to Boom and do you want to see more Boom games after how well Fire & Ice was received.

• Thumbs Up 1

I haven't kept up with Sonic Boom for a VERY long time, but honestly, maybe introducing the Chaotix wouldn't be a bad idea. I love those guys and a comedy show would suit them. Silver probably also has some humor potential with his future shtick.

• Thumbs Up 2

I do believe there is room for a time travel multi-part episode. After all they did include time travel in Sonic Boom Rise of Lyric.

I never really liked the Chaotix as they were re-introduced in Heroes.  They fell perhaps a little too hard under that stereotypical shonen anime comic relief characters archetype that I personally find to be sort of insufferable.  But I would be interested in seeing what other writers could do to make them better.

The only member of The Chaotix I really like is Espio. Espio would be a good addition to Sonic Boom maybe as a regular character or new member of Team Sonic. Hopefully Blaze would also join Team Sonic and Rouge with Team Eggman. Silver could be a rival character in Sonic Boom, Not like Shadow though. Maybe they will explain later why Shadow chooses to rival Sonic.

Villain characters like Lyric or D-fekt could appear later in season 2, because they said we would find out about what happened to Lyric at a later time. Since Sonic Boom Fire & Ice takes place during the second season, we could also see D-fekt return.

14 hours ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Villain characters like Lyric or D-fekt could appear later in season 2, because they said we would find out about what happened to Lyric at a later time. Since Sonic Boom Fire & Ice takes place during the second season, we could also see D-fekt return.

Something I've been wondering for a while is how the TV series is going to acknowledge the events of Fire and Ice and how the team got their powers.

With there only being 13 or 14 episodes left of which we don't know the title, I think there's going to be a maximum of two new game characters just like in Season 1. We don't even know if Shadow will be in one of the upcoming episodes, or if Metal Sonic will return at all. A shame they couldn't utilize those characters more (considering they even have Shadow's VA on the show as Orbot..), but it must be a difficult procedure to add them as I'm sure someone from Sonic Team is supervising the writers. That's probably also why Metal and Shadow were not explained in any way in Season 1. They both just fought Sonic and then left and nobody commented on their appearance.

So, here are my predictions: I think we'll probably get a fan-favourite like Silver or Blaze close to or maybe in the season finale, Shadow will appear whenever, Metal might not reappear at all this season and I believe more than ever that the rumour of ...

Spoiler

Vector

...making a guest appearance will come true. There are some points that convince me of it:

Spoiler
  • Vector's VA Keith Silverstein liked a tweet where someone mentioned him having roles in Boom and Forces.
  • The supposed story-board artist/leaker mentioned there being an episode where Eggman goes on vacation on the "floating island" (most likely the one from Robots in the Sky) with Mombot and his "brother"/shapeshifting robot. One of the writers hinted on Twitter we might see these two again in Season 2.
  • The leaker removed the spoilers about one month later and replaced it with messages like "please wait for the official confirmation", so someone may have approached him to do so.
  • Bill Freiberger and another writer once joked about someone leaking their episode synopses when someone put a badly-written, fake one on Wikipedia saying Knuckles is challenged to a fight by Vector.
  • For people who don't know, Vector's episode is apparently about some kind of reality show being filmed, probably detective-themed. There was no mention of Espio and Charmy, so if the Chaotix are a thing in Boom but he appears alone, then it' may be explained as some promotion thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, LukA8 said:

With there only being 13 or 14 episodes left of which we don't know the title, I think there's going to be a maximum of two new game characters just like in Season 1. We don't even know if Shadow will be in one of the upcoming episodes, or if Metal Sonic will return at all. A shame they couldn't utilize those characters more (considering they even have Shadow's VA on the show as Orbot..), but it must be a difficult procedure to add them as I'm sure someone from Sonic Team is supervising the writers. That's probably also why Metal and Shadow were not explained in any way in Season 1. They both just fought Sonic and then left and nobody commented on their appearance.

So, here are my predictions: I think we'll probably get a fan-favourite like Silver or Blaze close to or maybe in the season finale, Shadow will appear whenever, Metal might not reappear at all this season and I believe more than ever that the rumour of ...

Hide contents

Vector

...making a guest appearance will come true. There are some points that convince me of it:

Hide contents
  • Vector's VA Keith Silverstein liked a tweet where someone mentioned him having roles in Boom and Forces.
  • The supposed story-board artist/leaker mentioned there being an episode where Eggman goes on vacation on the "floating island" (most likely the one from Robots in the Sky) with Mombot and his "brother"/shapeshifting robot. One of the writers hinted on Twitter we might see these two again in Season 2.
  • The leaker removed the spoilers about one month later and replaced it with messages like "please wait for the official confirmation", so someone may have approached him to do so.
  • Bill Freiberger and another writer once joked about someone leaking their episode synopses when someone put a badly-written, fake one on Wikipedia saying Knuckles is challenged to a fight by Vector.
  • For people who don't know, Vector's episode is apparently about some kind of reality show being filmed, probably detective-themed. There was no mention of Espio and Charmy, so if the Chaotix are a thing in Boom but he appears alone, then it' may be explained as some promotion thing.

Cool. 

4 hours ago, LukA8 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Vector

Hide contents

Shadow is definitely going to be in season 2, for a few reasons 1. he was officially announced 2.Shadow's next appearance was hinted at in the season 1 finale 3. Sam Freiberger released a new detail on Shadow's whereabouts. Metal Sonic will likely appear in Season 2 because according to Alan Denton Metal Sonic was going to appear in Robots From The Sky Part 4, but was scrapped because there were already a lot of enemies and would not serve the character just to make a cameo, this also tells me that their trying to put Metal in somewhere. Silver, Blaze and Rouge are some characters that would really be good additions (as these three are among the best) in season 2. The Chaotix could appear, but the only character of the 3 that I like is Espio, they could appear in the Haunted Lair episode.

13 minutes ago, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Shadow is definitely going to be in season 2, for a few reasons 1. he was officially announced 2.Shadow's next appearance was hinted at in the season 1 finale 3. Sam Freiberger released a new detail on Shadow's whereabouts. Metal Sonic will likely appear in Season 2 because according to Alan Denton Metal Sonic was going to appear in Robots From The Sky Part 4, but was scrapped because there were already a lot of enemies and would not serve the character just to make a cameo, this also tells me that their trying to put Metal in somewhere. Silver, Blaze and Rouge are some characters that would really be good additions (as these three are among the best) in season 2. The Chaotix could appear, but the only character of the 3 that I like is Espio, they could appear in the Haunted Lair episode.

How could they be written in the episode?

Is it actually confirmed that we're getting more modern characters besides Shadow and Metal?

Who knows Lyric might appear in the season finale, just think about it. There was a mentions about Ancients throughout the episodes so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, SonicFlameFairy56 said:

Who knows Lyric might appear in the season finale, just think about it. There was a mentions about Ancients throughout the episodes so far.

Not that you mention it, Season 2 references Ancients in some episodes (Mech Suits Me and Sticks and Amy's Excellent Staycation). 

I would like to see Vanilla, Cream and Cheese appear (Maybe Vanilla could give Lady Walrus some parenting advice because she really needs it).

On 6/26/2017 at 8:25 PM, Flyinpenguin117 said:

Is it actually confirmed that we're getting more modern characters besides Shadow and Metal?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/season-two-of-segas-animated-tv-series-sonic-boom-premieres-on-boomerang-this-november-300360653.html The article clearly states ``familiar faces (Shadow and more characters from the Sonic game universe)" and other things to expect in Season 2, many of which we have seen while some things are still left to be seen. Shadow did make a quick flashback appearance in Fiendbot for season 2, but he will be back for an actual appearance later in the season and hopefully more backstory to Shadow. They also said to get more mileage out of production of episodes with new (assuming returning also) characters and locations (implying Robots From The Sky Parts 1-4 and other multi-part episodes as there will be more of those) is the reason to make them multi-parters and to add more story than what is possible with only 11 minutes, also Robots From The Sky was the only 4-part episode this season so expect to see 2,3 or maybe a 5-part episode.

Now this might be over guessing a little bit, but my guess is since the next four months will be the biggest time for Sonic Boom we will see more returning characters and multi-part episodes. Returning characters I expect to see are Shadow, Metal, Silver, Blaze, Rouge, The Chaotix, Lyric and D-Fekt. The 5 part episode in my last post was probably overdoing it a little, so we can expect to see 2 or 3 part episodes. Increased amount of action and humor (hopefully more teammates for Sonic and Eggman) is definite for the rest of the season.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2017 at 5:31 PM, Blue Knight/Bluestreak said:

Now this might be over guessing a little bit, but my guess is since the next four months will be the biggest time for Sonic Boom we will see more returning characters and multi-part episodes. Returning characters I expect to see are Shadow, Metal, Silver, Blaze, Rouge, The Chaotix, Lyric and D-Fekt. The 5 part episode in my last post was probably overdoing it a little, so we can expect to see 2 or 3 part episodes. Increased amount of action and humor (hopefully more teammates for Sonic and Eggman) is definite for the rest of the season.

Those are good choices.