Awoo.

what's the most obscure sonic thing you can find?

blueblur98

first topic! as the title should suggest,this forum is dedicated to sharing the most obscure things relating to sonic that you can find. wether it be an obscure game,a lesser known piece of merch,or a video,you can show people what you dig up. you can own the thing you are talking about or not,it just has to be obscure. i can't wait to see what you share!

2 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

SonicValentine1.jpg

Good to know I didn't hallucinate Sonic Valentine cards.

first time seeing that. i'm pretty sure if something existed,it had a valentine's day card or other holiday card.

http://info.sonicretro.org/The_Search_for_Knuckles here's the search for knuckles,an old fangame that plays like an adventure game. (as in the genre,not sonic adventure) and when i say old,i mean OLD. like klik and play old or dawn of the internet old.

How's this for obscure, an Australian ad for Sonic branded ice cream:

Plus, as it turns out, Sonic condones the use of 'enhanced interrogation techniques'. The CIA would be proud.

• Thumbs Up 5

i've seen that commercial a few times,but forgot about it. as soon as i saw it,i remembered it! that's some pretty sweet interrogation. i feel actual remorse.

C0NeUrRWQAAX8AR.jpg

Sonic's had a lot of particularly obscure cameos, but I think his playable appearance in Le Mans 24h is one of the most obscure I've come across. Trying to get to the bottom of unlocking him was a royal pain in my arse. 

C0SzlohXgAAs-ju.jpg

There's also this sign in the background of Pai's stage in Virtua Fighter 3, which took me way too long to notice. I'd probably call this one harder to spot were it not for the amount of misinfo on Le Mans' Sonic code and the fact the game's just more obscure than VF3 in general.  

C2K2wUhWQAAAf3Q.jpg

Final nod goes to this jacket that got posted in the Items of Interest topic the other day. I'd love to own it (though my DropDead jacket is certainly close enough).

• Thumbs Up 5

PtpByuf.jpg

For some reason I've held onto this thing. I think it's a shoelace covering, I had it since I was really little. For the life of me I cannot find images of it elsewhere, but then I don't really know what those things are even called. It was buried in my closest until I saw this thread and suddenly remembered it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Sonic #0/4. It is a sneak peek comic of #0 Limited Series. Was given away free at Burger King restaurants iirc back in 1996. (I managed to get a copy some years ago)

• Thumbs Up 1

The Sonic Feves have to be up there. There's been multiple sets over the years, but I think all of them could be classed as very obscure. 

31 minutes ago, TyVulpintaur said:

Sonic #0/4. It is a sneak peek comic of #0 Limited Series. Was given away free at Burger King restaurants iirc back in 1996. (I managed to get a copy some years ago)

I also own that comic. And that would've been 1992, not 96.

I also have two issues of Comic Shop News that contain two of the "Turnabout Heroes" strips (the story that was later printed in its entirety in Super Special #12).

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Hyobu Kyosuke said:

6726.jpg

I would definitely say the Sonic manga. No matter which one it is, alot of them have definitely been overshadowed by the more western comics. : P

i actually read that once,got really confused because i did not know how manga was supposed to be read.

here's some obscure commercials.

here's the US commercial for mcdonalds' 2004 sonic happy meal toy set. NOT the horrible pakistan one. the CGI is way better in this one,about as good as heroes' cutscenes. there's also voice samples from ryan drummond specifically for this commercial too! ("i think you need one of these!" and "i'm lovin' it!")

here's a commercial called "sonic magic" that advertises the genesis/ mega drive model 2. i bet you haven't even heard the two words "sonic" and "magic" in the same sentence until now.

and finally,here's a sonic commercial for a product called "dairy food." amazing name,i know.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/24/2017 at 9:19 AM, CleverSonicUsername said:

PtpByuf.jpg

For some reason I've held onto this thing. I think it's a shoelace covering, I had it since I was really little. For the life of me I cannot find images of it elsewhere, but then I don't really know what those things are even called. It was buried in my closest until I saw this thread and suddenly remembered it.

I had those when I was a kid. Even had a pair of black Sonic sneakers with Sonic doing his classic finger wave pose on the sides. Oddly enough the shoed used the SatAM title logo instead of Sega's. Sadly I haven't the slightest idea where any of these are today. 

Another cool thing I had was a Sonic gumball container. Sonic was molded in that Sonic 1 pose again, and hid quils actually poped off from the back of his head to get to the gumballs inside. Wish I still had it.

I do remember seeing Sonic Valentines Day cards in stores.

• Thumbs Up 2

I definitely had those valentines cards when I was a kid, and I'm like 90% positive a friend of mine at the time had that gumball container. He also had some mini pinball table featuring Sonic, Tails, and I believe Coconuts.

But yeah, as far as really obscure things I own goes, it's those shoe lace covers. I still have the knuckles happy meal toy from when Sonic 3 was released, too. But I suspect that's a bit more common.

• Thumbs Up 1

In terms of obscure or at least lesser known things I own.  I still have my Sonic The Hedgehog Look & Find and Sonic Chapter books from when I was a kid.

I also had some classic sonic folders for school back in the day.

And to this day I regret never trying the Sonic Ice-Cream. XD 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, SonicComicFanboy said:

In terms of obscure or at least lesser known things I own.  I still have my Sonic The Hedgehog Look & Find and Sonic Chapter books from when I was a kid.

I also had some classic sonic folders for school back in the day.

And to this day I regret never trying the Sonic Ice-Cream. XD 

Oh yeah that reminds me, I had a Sonic TrapperKeeper when I was in elementry school. I just came across it again not that long ago, I'll have to try and dig it up again. I also had a few folders too, they had Sonic playing his own game on them, Carnival Night Zone sticks out to me.

Were those chapter books bought through Schoolastic? I had "Robotnik's Revenge" and "Friend or Foe".  Wish I still had them.

• Thumbs Up 1

As far as I'm aware, I'm the only person in the world who has one of these....

nW7dagO.png

It's the worlds smallest issue of Sonic the comic.

7yMvBNx.png

cqaUxQf.png8NMEiZ1.png

Contains 2 full strips.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Burning Finger said:

Oh yeah that reminds me, I had a Sonic TrapperKeeper when I was in elementry school. I just came across it again not that long ago, I'll have to try and dig it up again. I also had a few folders too, they had Sonic playing his own game on them, Carnival Night Zone sticks out to me.

Were those chapter books bought through Schoolastic? I had "Robotnik's Revenge" and "Friend or Foe".  Wish I still had them.

I never got friend or foe sadly, but yea I have the first one simply titled Sonic The Hedgehog, as well as Robotnik's Revenge.

The funny thing is I actually got Robotnik's Revenge by trading a friend one of my Pokémon chapter books XD.

I also used to have some Sonic Adventure action figures I got from K.B. toys, but my jerk cousin broke em all for no other reason then to make kids me cry.  I also have sadly lost the chaos emeralds some came with over various moves.

10 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

...Why is this random Korean advert animation studio better at SatAM than the SatAM team?

I bet that ad was probably made by Saerom Animation, a Korean animation studio that actually worked on some SatAM episodes. They probably recycled background assets from SatAM and then spent the rest of the budget on new animation, hence the apparently high quality.

• Thumbs Up 2

Here's all the obscure stuff from my native Australia that I know of:

• Not so obscure by any means, but anything from Sega World Sydney is, from my experience, a pain in the ass to find, despite living in Sydney myself and having been to the place once when I was incredibly young. Anything from tokens to plushes are difficult to find and are worth a bit of money. Luckily, I found a Sega World Sonic plush in passable condition in a flea market years ago for the princely sum of $2, which is now probably the rarest item in my collection.
  • Sonic Generations preorder shoe keychain with the logo on the bottom. I've got one of these from preordering the game initially, but I don't know anyone else who owns one. Mine is in far from good condition, though, as the chain hasn't aged well.
  • Hunter Leisure Sonic plush. Australia exclusive, and difficult to find, as it could only be found in claw machines and carnival games. They've also made two separate Sonic showbags, one for the 20th anniversary (which I own and is complete) and one released very recently (which I don't own yet). 
  • Classic Sonic Squeeze toys. Released in Australia only for an incredibly short time in 2011, own the full set except for the Sonic keychain. I believe @Mayor D has a review of these on his youtube channel. Mine aren't in the box, and their condition is OK.
  • Finally, a Sonic Generations T-shirt, which is uncommon because it was boxed inside a mock MegaDrive box. Image is down below:
  • Sealed Sonic Generations Cartridge TShirt by Blue-Sonikku
  • Thumbs Up 3

Not sure if this is obscure or not but whatever.

I actually have a copy of that Sonic Heritage Reel that was made to be shown at the Sonic Boom brand announcement. Haven't seen it anywhere or anyone talk about it since its removal.

P5YsLTQl.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2017 at 0:44 PM, Ernest-Panda said:

I also own that comic. And that would've been 1992, not 96.

I also have two issues of Comic Shop News that contain two of the "Turnabout Heroes" strips (the story that was later printed in its entirety in Super Special #12).

Oops you're right ^^U (started collecting the comic in 1996 with issue 37)