Awoo.

The Ultimate And 100% True Chronological Timeline For The Sonic The Hedgehog Franchise: Updated and Expanded 2017 Edition

Jacky

No Sonic's Schoolhouse?

7.8/1000 not good enough, do not want, disagree.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Too Many Rings 1

I always figured the timeline was roughly just the order the games have come out, but after reading this topic I've realized that's boring and not good. Thanks for helping us all see the light.

• Thumbs Up 2

Placing the Storybook games before Sonic Adventure 2 (and potentially before '06 and Riders) gives an obvious contradiction since in those games, there are characters from the stories who Sonic sees in the shape of the friends and enemies he knows... including Big the Cat, Shadow and (counting the multiplayer) Blaze, Jet and Silver. And according to your timeline, he hasn't met any of them yet.

Still, good try.

Possible Third Timeline? Otherwise, where would SegaSonic Bros., Sonic's Schoolhouse, Sonic Synergy, and Freedom Planet go? (for the lattermost, maybe generations after Sonic OVA after mankind died out or left?)

Whoa...wow, uh, interesting. XD 

I like to divide the games in their own separate timelines. Like Sonic Adventure 1-2-Heroes-Shadow-06 but it doesn't matter because everything is erased, then stuff like Sonic Boom is a crappy reboot. 

• 3 years later...

Thanks for the timeline! It helped clear up how Sonic Mania fits into the timeline!

However, Ray is alive and well in Mania. Why is that?

• 10 months later...

Cool, I was wondering how Sonic Boom fits into the timeline and stuff as he has blue arms and until reading this I was 100% certain that it wasn’t canon with the games prior to it but rather Sonic Boom and the sonic the Hedgehog movie were in a separate timeline but I never figured out an explanation for how they fit together, the only evidence I had was that Sonic has blue arms in both medias 

Cool, I was wondering how Sonic Boom fits into the timeline and stuff as he has blue arms and until reading this I was 100% certain that it wasn’t canon with the games prior to it but rather Sonic Boom and the sonic the Hedgehog movie were in a separate timeline but I never figured out an explanation for how they fit together, the only evidence I had was that Sonic has blue arms in both medias