Awoo.

The General American Politics Thread

turbojet

Oh fuck me. They just started talking to Sarah Palin.

*starts watching Dan Vs. instead*

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh fuck me. They just started talking to Sarah Palin.

*starts watching Dan Vs. instead*

Just when you think you've seen the last of her.

So if Obama becomes president, we have you to thank?

Yes, put it all on me.

And my binders full of women. wub.png

This system of yours is too confusing. According to you, Obama is winning, except he's not. And he will will unless he doesn't. Just... what is going on?

In non-presidential election news, Mourdock and Akin, the two infamous figures of the Republican "Rape Brigade," I think they called it, are projected to lose their Senate races.

This system of yours is too confusing. According to you, Obama is winning, except he's not. And he will will unless he doesn't. Just... what is going on?

Most of the states that turned in their votes have been heavily partisan Republicans. They were expected to vote for Romney so it comes to no surprise. Obama won 3 of the battleground states and is currently leading in the rest except for North Carolina.

People make knee-jerk projections on voting trends and limited information that is constantly rolling in. Its not all that confusing. Each state has a "point value" which candidates accumulate up to a magic number (270). In the meantime, we watch the polls and twiddle our thumbs

In non-presidential election news, Mourdock and Akin, the two infamous figures of the Republican "Rape Brigade," I think they called it, are projected to lose their Senate races.

I think Murdoch already lost.

Obama is projected to win Wisconsin, according to ABC

If Obama wins Ohio as well, then assuming all the other prospective Democratic states stay Blue, Obama will have exactly 269 electoral votes. He would need just one more swing state to win.

Edited by Joshua

Though if it comes down as close as it is looking, we won't know if Obama did win Florida for what may be weeks.

CNN is citing bigger than 2008 margins for the people who have turned out in Miami-Dade in Obama's favor.

EDIT

TODD AKIN is currently making a concession speech.

That means both rape gaffs cost the incumbents their jobs.

Edited by The Arcane Arceus
  • Thumbs Up 1

Iraq, Afganistan and Guantanamo (and Middle Eastern policies in general) are going to hurt him bad in that regard no matter what the raw numbers are.

Guantanamo remaining is largely the GOP congress' fault, is it not?

Everything is going as I expected, although Florida seems to be less swingy than Ohio. Right now, Ohio is going 51% Obama, 49% Romney, though a lot of ballots in Cuyahoga County - Cleveland - have yet to be counted. Maybe 400,000 or so, I hear.

Minnesota has gone blue. Does this mean Bachmann is history?

2016 will have us at least 22 trillion dollars of debt, with justice still not being served on the Obama regime for their murders in Benghazi. All because we were hit by a storm and Obama shook hands with Jabba the Hutt and women decided to vote with their vaginas instead of their brains

If Obama 'murdered' those 4 Americans in Benghazi, by that same logic, Bush slaughtered 2000+ US soldiers and other personnel across Iraq and Afghanistan.

And that was a huge, record-breaking storm, Chris Christie is a good man and would you vote for a woman who wanted to take away your penile rights? Fuck no.

• Thumbs Up 3

2016 will have us at least 22 trillion dollars of debt, with justice still not being served on the Obama regime for their murders in Benghazi. All because we were hit by a storm and Obama shook hands with Jabba the Hutt and women decided to vote with their vaginas instead of their brains

Could you use your powers of fortune telling for something useful? Like the Euromillions numbers?

• Thumbs Up 4

Wow dude. Seriously, take the crapshoot down a notch or two.