Awoo.

Marvel VS Capcom Infinite XB1/PS4/PC

Ryannumber1gamer

The models are butt ugly sorry to say.

1 hour ago, Remy said:

So I guess this one is probably Marvel's fault father than Capcom's. She looks good if a little ridiculously skinny on the bottom cover, but bulky and goofy as fuck in  the other one and in game. 

Noting wrong with a female being skinny

Yeah this is a real bummer of a game, like how the hell did we reach this point?

*sigh*

Hey maybe this will lighten the mood.

Spoiler

cap.jpg

1 minute ago, Balding Spider said:

Yeah this is a real bummer of a game, like how the hell did we reach this point?

*sigh*

Hey maybe this will lighten the mood.

Hide contents

I'm in bed. That did not lighten the mood that's just going to lead to nightmares

• Chuckle 1

New gameplay trailer, which seems to indicate that Zero IS NOT DLC. (Unless they've started showing gameplay of DLC characters.) I'm guessing maybe he's that last Capcom slot that was unconfirmed that the leaker assumed was Frank West?

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Noting wrong with a female being skinny

Of course! but as her powers are superhuman strength and speed you';d think they'd draw her at least a little buff? Google images is kinda showing me that she's always super slim tho so what do i know anyway...

20 minutes ago, Hello Yello CC14 said:

New gameplay trailer, which seems to indicate that Zero IS NOT DLC. (Unless they've started showing gameplay of DLC characters.) I'm guessing maybe he's that last Capcom slot that was unconfirmed that the leaker assumed was Frank West?

This looks a lot better than the story mode was making the game look. I like the stage a lot. Still not over chun's weird face tho. How dare they. 

So Groot IS an assist for Rocket.... if there was any doubt the leak was real, I think it's safe to say it's dead and buried.

But it's a relief to see they won't be the only characters. Zero's back afterall?! Heck yes! And black panther looks really cool. Though sheesh.. hiding 6 new characters behind DLC? That's pretty excessive right there.

I am happier with how things look in terms of the possible roster, but gosh I just can't get into what capcom's doing overall so far. It all feels like such a huge stepdown from MvC3, and that game had its share of problems too.

But least I can get a good laugh out of the bad visuals in the meantime. Like X's voluptuous plastic lips. It's been a rough 13 years for the guy, that's for sure.

x lips.png

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Remy said:

Of course! but as her powers are superhuman strength and speed you';d think they'd draw her at least a little buff? Google images is kinda showing me that she's always super slim tho so what do i know anyway...

This looks a lot better than the story mode was making the game look. I like the stage a lot. Still not over chun's weird face tho. How dare they. 

Funnily, I like her face. It's the weird proportions that bother me.

21 minutes ago, Pompadour said:

But least I can get a good laugh out of the bad visuals in the meantime. Like X's voluptuous plastic lips. It's been a rough 13 years for the guy, that's for sure.

x lips.png

EsCeOy6.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

6 hours ago, Balding Spider said:

So they just showed the trailer and, well it confirms the leaked list. Fuck.

Correction, only part of the leaked list, and nothing more. Meaning that, for all we know, everything's still open. Also, nowhere in the trailers it's stated that Black Panther is DLC, for all you guys know he's still in the vanilla roster. If anything, it should at least partially disprove the leak since they're treating Zero as if he's in the vanilla roster, a thing that Ryce constantly denied (and he doesn't even function as a palette swap of X, he still has his moveset).
Call me deluded if you want, i don't care. I'm not gonna bow down to these people until absolute certainty.

The only thing that sets me off from these trailers is that Thanos looks ugly as fuck.

Hate to break it to you, but:

593f9cca99365_blackpant.thumb.png.72ecc7fd2f5eeb2b3640ecde5703b32c.png

Black Panther's part of the DLC pack, just like Sigma.

I'm still believing that the leaks are real, but potentially not the complete roster. Far too many specific details have been confirmed for me to call the leak a miss, and Zero still potentially takes up that unknown capcom fighter spot the leaker mentioned. But I mean, that's just me. I'm just still hoping for my sweet blue boy and his fancy manicure at this rate.

• Thumbs Up 1

There are conflicting news even on that: Ryce guessed it was Frank West, then another leak said it was Asura, then D.C. Douglas hinted it was Wesker.

In other news, here's a full playthrough of the demo from Maximilian:

Considerations:
*X american voice could be better, but i can handle it
*Dr. Strange is now voiced by Liam 'o Brien
*Arthur seems to have a new voice actor as well
*Some of the interactions feel forced, the pacing could have been better
*On the other hand, some scenes are really good to watch, like X using Cap's shield at the beginning
*Some characters in the cutscenes are objectively ugly. People mentioned Chun-Li, but poor fucking Dante looks like he has PTSD. I really hope they're gonna be polished, i would accept delays for that.
*On the other hand, the in-game models actually look better from the other trailers.
*Way too many loading times for my taste, i hope it's a thing of the demo.
*As expected, Rocket has Groot as a kind of assist move, with two variants so far
*Arthur has a new shield move, not sure how it works
*Spencer now has a grenade move and has lost invincibility on Bionic Arm
*Chris now has reloading animations at least for the magnum, so we need to see how's that incorporated

27 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Ryce guessed it was Frank West

The thing is though,  that one was just a guess while the other characters he listed were with certainty.

Zero could possibly be the last one that he was uncertain of.

22 hours ago, Jovahexeon Joranvexeon said:

3AcPhRR.gif

Ughhhhh! Any news on whether or not that rumor is confirmed yet?

22 hours ago, Balding Spider said:

Nothing I've come across yet. Though I've been mostly busy being in awe of ARC kicking down Capcpoms door, taking their lunch and eating it in front of them to really search.

Gives me a good idea of what they must've been like when they saw the latest trailer of MvC: I!

AnnualWelldocumentedJay-size_restricted.

XD

• Thumbs Up 9

Judging by the demo, I'm now preeeeeeeeeetty certain that Iron Man and Cap are indeed Eric Loomis and Brian Bloom from EMH/MVC3 respectively, meaning that all Avengers team members retain their EMH voices save for Thor and Captain Marvel. (Even Black Panther is still played by James Mathis because he's one of the EMH voices who stuck around for the current Marvel shows.)

Also, to no surprise, Thanos retains his voice from Assemble and the Guardians show and of course, Liam O'Brien reprises Strange from Ultimate Spider-Man. Nova appears to be played by Ben Diskin this time around, which is interesting. 

Interested to find out who's playing X, because it's a very different take on him. More of a youthful edge to it.

The guy saying "Bear witness to the death of your world" sounded like Mark Hamill to me.

I actually kinda liked the story trailer. The models definitely need work but like, besides that. It looked cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/28/2016 at 7:28 PM, Tornado said:

I'd rather have a PC port of UMvC 3.

: /

Welp, that thing that now exists is gonna make for a good coping mechanism if the leak turns out to be real.

Saw a playthrough of the story demo and it was alright. I do agree with everyone that the models could definitely use some working on.

Played the demo. Very different from 3 so have to get used to that. Voice work for the most part is nice outside Rocket, gameplay atm for me is very messy feeling. Might be because I'm still in 3 mode with air combos and all that shit. Visually it needs lots of work. Overall, it's fun, but not amazing.

DCN9DUjVwAARaO6.jpg:large

Here's the character select screen. It's true that these things are subject to changes and everything and this one will surely not be different, but unless they can't resize the characters' portraits, i can't see it containing 28 characters at launch without looking asymmetrical, something character select screens always avoided in the release of the MvC games (and even if they resize it, i can see it at that point containing more than 28 characters).

So I played thorough the demo and it wasn't bad but something felt off while playing. Like there was a minor delay in my imputs. More so I think the combat lacks the feel of kinetic energy previous installments had, though I think X has a lot of potential. I think the infinity stone mechanic is welcome addition, especially the time stones evasion potential. And the voice work... needs work. The actual character models though are really bad. Like if you thought Chun-li was bad Cap looks like a plastic mutant looking into your soul, while dante looks like Las Plagas has a hold on him. And fuck whoever thought it was a good idea to make rocket an actual racoon here and have him adress the player. *shiver*

So yeah plays fine thought the lack of assists is sorely missed, but dosen't do much in the presentation department.

Since you guys are hungry for leaks, might as well post this. Just remember that it's not a proof on its own.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=240918756&postcount=16601
Supposedly, someone found and posted a data list of the character models in the game (either in gameplay or in story mode).
It's in alphabetical order as it follows:

LeVyXgc.jpgT1Xyurc.jpg

The biggest differences with Ryce leak is that Ant-Man is completely absent and Ghost Rider, Winter Soldier, Death, Venom, Dormammu, Black Panther, Dahren Moran, Grandmaster Meio, Frank West and Mike Haggar are listed.
We know already that Sigma and Black Panther are DLC and all 6 DLC characters are newcomer to the franchise. Thus, the GAFfers have put a theory that the vanilla roster is as follows:

VANILLA:
-Marvel
*Captain America
*Iron Man
*Thor
*Hulk
*Hawkeye
*Nova
*Gamora
*Rocket Raccoon
*Thanos
*Captain Marvel
*Doctor Strange
*Dormammu
*Ghost Rider
*Spider-Man
*Venom
*Ultron

-Capcom
*Arthur
*Firebrand
*Dante
*Strider Hiryu
*Spencer
*Megaman X
*Zero
*Ryu
*Chun-Li
*Chris Redfield
*Nemesis
*Morrigan Aenslad
*Jedah Doma
*Hunter
*Frank West
*Mike Haggar

FIRST WAVE DLC:
-Marvel
*Black Panther
*Winter Soldier
*Ant-Man (unless it's scrapped, in case someone we haven't heard of yet and who isn't in the story)

-Capcom
*Sigma
*Grandmaster Meio
*Someone who isn't in the game and doesn't appear in story mode to balance Ant-Man

16 characters per faction for 32 characters at launch (closer to vanilla MvC3), up to 38 with the first package by the end of 2017 (the idea is that Dahren Mohren is just a story boss and Death will appear only in cutscenes). I honestly don't mind a vanilla roster like that (especially considering you get the 6 DLC characters if you pre-order anyway), but the graphics absolutely need improvement. People reported the alternate costumes make the characters much better, so i guess the effort to put in doesn't have to be much.
What supposedly would make this particular leak attendable is that it came out 8 days before the E3 trailer, and to correctly guess the Dahren Mohran and Grandmaster Meio seems suspicious enough
Even Ryce is not sure anymore about his source. Could have think about that before causing all that damage...

Also, people who tried the game at E3 and around (both plebs, pros and E-celebs like Maximilian) all agree on the fact that the game is fun to play and intuitive despite the 2v2 and simplified button layout, so really, it seems the game needs just more polish and extra meat on its bones. If only someone didn't spread dated news that caused a chain reaction that turned into negative propaganda...

• Thumbs Up 2

Interesting. This whole thing just gets more and more layers, doesn't it? Makes me even more curious to see the next trailer. (If Venom ends up being base roster, I'll be very happy. Perhaps that might be why Spidey hasn't shown up yet and they want to reveal them together.)

23 hours ago, Teoskaven said:

What supposedly would make this particular leak attendable is that it came out 8 days before the E3 trailer, and to correctly guess the Dahren Mohran and Grandmaster Meio seems suspicious enough
Even Ryce is not sure anymore about his source. Could have think about that before causing all that damage...

Also, people who tried the game at E3 and around (both plebs, pros and E-celebs like Maximilian) all agree on the fact that the game is fun to play and intuitive despite the 2v2 and simplified button layout, so really, it seems the game needs just more polish and extra meat on its bones. If only someone didn't spread dated news that caused a chain reaction that turned into negative propaganda...

You can't really blame Ryce. He was confident in his source at the time and people took it as gospel. 

Still no excuse for him to did what he did: he acted impulsively convinced what he knew what indisputable without thinking of alternatives or other theories, and the end result was that the hype is dead for 80% of the base and now the game has to struggle to convince people it's actually good (and even then there's a good chance you will be called a shill if you talk positive about it).
He has spread chaos knewing that people had their eyes on him since a while, he has to take responsability for that.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Teoskaven said:

Still no excuse for him to did what he did: he acted impulsively convinced what he knew what indisputable without thinking of alternatives or other theories, and the end result was that the hype is dead for 80% of the base and now the game has to struggle to convince people it's actually good (and even then there's a good chance you will be called a shill if you talk positive about it).
He has spread chaos knewing that people had their eyes on him since a while, he has to take responsability for that.

"shrugs" I never really believed it, and I'd love to get the game.... cept I only have a switch