Awoo.

Sonic Forces | PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC "The Next Generations"

Badnik Mechanic

4 minutes ago, blazefan519 said:

How about we move on from character creators for a bit? We don't know if there will even be one at all, so until it becomes confirmed (if it ever will be confirmed that is), let's hold off on the discussion for now. Because it's getting us nowhere.

I wanna hear about Nepenthe's plans as director of the next Sonic game after forces and Indigo's ideas as writer for said title.

Kintor is behind marketing.

Has anyone pointed out yet that the enemies from the trailer are pretty much mass produced Death Egg Robots?

One interesting thing to note is that the iconic head in the doctor's image is absent. Combined with the different coloring scheme (although they might be off due to the footage's setting) it makes me wonder who the antagonist will be. After all, we know that a Doctor Eggman conquered 99% of the world, but is it our canon doc, Metal Sonic having another go as masquerading as him or even an alternate timeline version?

EDIT: Welp, looks like I'm timely as always. *slowpoke*

DE1.jpg

DE2.jpg

SF.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Patron Night said:

Has anyone pointed out yet that the enemies from the trailer are pretty much mass produced Death Egg Robots?

One interesting thing to note is that the iconic head in the doctor's image is absent. Combined with the different coloring scheme (although they might be off due to the footage's setting) it makes me wonder who the antagonist will be. After all, we know that a Doctor Eggman conquered 99% of the world, but is it our canon doc, Metal Sonic having another go as masquerading as him or even an alternate timeline version?

DE1.jpg

DE2.jpg

SF.jpg

It's been pointed out a million times since last July, haha. 

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Tracker_TD said:

Rough mockup of the resulting game considering the severely clashing opinions of everyone mentioned in this post:

6AHdSzW.gif

Why is big the cat the sole survivor?

1 minute ago, Josh said:

"It's popular, all the kids like guns/god of war/Mario galaxy/etc. Let's put that in!"

Oh well, if people are cool with this shit now I guess enough sonic fans will buy it to enable another scheme in the future. This is just Sonic now I guess lol

There's nothing wrong with paying attention to what the rest of the industry is doing. If nothing else a character creator isn't going to be disruptive like a totally new gameplay style. It'd be something extra on top of the existing gameplay. Of course, if the character creator is a huge hit then it might be included in future Sonic games, that's how these things play out.

2 minutes ago, Kintor said:

There's nothing wrong with paying attention to what the rest of the industry is doing. If nothing else a character creator isn't going to be disruptive like a totally new gameplay style. It'd be something extra on top of the existing gameplay. Of course, if the character creator is a huge hit then it might be included in future Sonic games, that's how these things play out.

Wouldn't a character creator merit at least some very basic way of customizing it's gameplay, forcing the level design to be broad enough to give every combination something to do in it?

Just now, Patron Night said:

Wouldn't a character creator merit at least some very basic way of customizing it's gameplay, forcing the level design to be broad enough to give every combination something to do in it?

That's a good question but character creation doesn't necessarily have to impact level design. The easiest to do this would be to make most character differences largely cosmetic. Each character would look totally different but their core gameplay wouldn't be altogether different to the existing classic and/or modern gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was fans requesting that Sonic having a gun that lead to Gamma and his shooting stages getting in Sonic Adventure in the first place, right? Or am I misrembering?

13 minutes ago, Josh said:

Oh well, if people are cool with this shit now I guess enough sonic fans will buy it to enable another scheme in the future. This is just Sonic now I guess lol

Not to justify this mindset, because I fucking hate the alternative gameplay styles in the Adventure games, but it's always been like this. I know there are some people who unabashedly love the mech levels, treasure hunting and the Werehog. Adventure, Adventure 2 and Unleashed are held in very high regard in some places on the internet. 

7 minutes ago, Azoo said:

Do you really expect, in a society that has made public mockery for Sonic's "deep web" side

This made me laugh, that's a hell of a way to describe that. Sounds like tails hacking governments and stuff

and fan character epidemic, for a character creator to have any sort of positive feedback outside of the ironic kind?

To be honest? yeah, sure there will be memers. As there is always, but there will be people genuinely interested in the product 

I feel like when even the fanbase's reception to an idea is somewhere near universally negative (considering our huge divides), that should be telling us something.

All i've seen is this forum to be fair

4 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Adventure, Adventure 2 and Unleashed are held in very high regard in some places on the internet. 

People have been stanning Adventure one and two for years, even on places like neogaf. Adventure 1 and 2 are held in a much higher regard than the werehog stuff in  unleashed and aren't really compatible in that regard. No one is banning talk of sonic unleashed 2 threads on websites, ya feel me?

1 hour ago, Nepenthe said:

But I mean, if we're at the point where we're seriously trying to grab such a tenuous and flighty market,

Lets be real here, Sonic as a thing has been at that point for like... over a decade

Anyway, Is clear that nobody here has enough arguments to why add CaC. 

I just think I could have fun with it and won't be the nightmare as people think. Simple fun, create your character, play the game as him/her. Have fun!  

I don't give a sh*t about what others think about, if is going to have a bad rep, I don't know. I can enjoy '06 and Shadow The Hedgehog's gameplay by myself. And I doubt a simple feature will ruin Sonic's rep more than those games did.  

(I much rather play as Sonic's friends, but Sonic Team is still stupid.)

Just as a lot of people here don't give a single f*ck about what others like... And ignore any possbility of something being good until proven bad.

• Thumbs Up 3

If you enjoy ShTH and 06 and don't care what anyone has to say about it or the idea, then that probably answers a lot about this subject and how to discuss it with others.

Just saying.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Azoo said:

If you enjoy ShTH and 06 and don't care what anyone has to say about it or the idea, then that probably answers a lot about this subject.

Just saying.

Wait, wait, wait. Sir.

I know that those game are awful. I know how awful they are. And I know what they did with this franchise.

But I can have fun if I want. F.U.N. 

Fun isn't about polish. You can have fun from the strangest things.

If I find fun searching for hair to put on my character, leave me alone, and let me have fun.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, the thing about the "could be fun" mindset is that it can be applied to any negative point of the franchise since Adventure.

"It could be fun to fish, treasure hunt, and shoot stuff with mechs in a sonic game..."

"It could be fun to play a game based around teamwork..."

"It could be fun to ride vehicles and shoot guns with a moody character..."

"It could be fun to have motion controls for moves, use a sword, and play an on-rails game..."

"It could be fun to beat up enemies with Sonic's alter ego..."

Some of it can be fun, sure, depending on the mindset you go into it with. I should know; I find near every Sonic style fun in it's own way. But... That's not what Sonic should be focused on at all. Rather then "What could...", they need to focus on "What should", and that's a good core gameplay style and a consistent, identifiable appeal.

This just looks to muddy the water even further, tbh. Exactly what we don't need at the moment. And that's the issue here.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm not talking about what they need to focus in the next Sonic game. I'm just saying that fun is subjective. 

But I will stop right here.

What they need to focus however, is making a good game. Not just fun, a polished and well designed game.

1 hour ago, Patron Night said:

Guess the extra detail to the plot of Forces is how "Eggman has conquered 99% of the world... On a budget!"

Gotta give the Sonic 4 plot some love.

• Thumbs Up 2

So, just to clarify one thing real quick folks?

Classic Sonic. His Spin Dash.

Do you guys want the single button Spin Dash to return or not?

I don't mean it's major game breaking speed from Generations or anything. I mean simply the mechanic itself.

Single button and crouch & jump Spin Dash? Or just crouch & jump Spin Dash?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

So, just to clarify one thing real quick folks?

Classic Sonic. His Spin Dash.

Do you guys want the single button Spin Dash to return or not?

I don't mean it's major game breaking speed from Generations or anything. I mean simply the mechanic itself.

Single button and crouch & jump Spin Dash? Or just crouch & jump Spin Dash?

Heh heh...

What if the spin dash is now done using a trigger button ala running in Lost World...?

lol

• Thumbs Up 1

I like the idea of instant spin dash, is really good for speedrunning.

But based on the gameplay we saw, it doesn't look Sonic will go that fast in Forces.

Just now, JosepMelloZSM said:

I like the idea of instant spin dash, is really good for speedrunning.

But based on the gameplay we saw, it doesn't look Sonic will go that fast in Forces.

...Wait what?

Sonic and "not go fast" doesn't sound right...

I gotta say, in terms of gimmicks, a character creator would definitely be one of the tamest ones this franchise has had. I don't get the panic, it's not like it's the werehog again (No offense to the werehog fans here).

• Thumbs Up 4