Translated it reads:

"April 14 2017: Sonic Forces More Disappointment on His Fans"

You forgot the subtitle under the logo.

"Blue Blood Forces Everyone to Stop Liking What He Doesn't Like"

• Thumbs Up 7

8 minutes ago, Depression Kong said:

You forgot the subtitle under the logo.

"Blue Blood Forces Everyone to Stop Liking What He Doesn't Like"

Uh, it's not just Blue Blood dude.  I'm disappointed too, and so are others on this very forum and elsewhere. I know we gotta see more of the game before we can truly judge it but so far I'm not impressed.

• Thumbs Up 7

You know, the more I think about it the more I hate the idea of character customisation. That kind of thing works well in WRPG and JRPG, can't imagine how it would in an action platformer like Sonic. Also, how does your character play a part in the story? He/she most likely won't be speaking sooo..wouldn't that be awkward as hell?

that is of course IF there really is character customisation. If this is just a whole new character, I'm still not very excited cos it probably means a new gameplay mechanic that nobody really wants. -_o

• Thumbs Up 1

I gotta hand it to@Blue Blood, this game is looking all sorts of bad. Nothing so far gives any kind of excitement, not even curiosity. Like, I'm actually CONCERNED about knowing more about Forces now. In fact, I'm don't even feel like making FUN of it. I can't. What the hell is happening?

• Thumbs Up 7

13 minutes ago, Jango said:

I gotta hand it to@Blue Blood, this game is looking all sorts of bad. Nothing so far gives any kind of excitement, not even curiosity. Like, I'm actually CONCERNED about knowing more about Forces now. In fact, I'm don't even feel like making FUN of it. I can't. What the hell is happening?

luv, bae <3

I have to say it, I don't actually think Forces is going to be bad so to say - it's just going to be boring and samey and lazy. Everything we've actually seen so far though just suggests that it's going to be exactly the game I didn't want. Apart from that banging theme tune, it's all disappointing and it doesn't appear that Sonic Team and SEGA have learned any lessons. Generations sold well and didn't bomb in reviews, so they're just aiming to replicate that success without taking any steps to make much of a marked improvement. And in that process, they're forgetting the magic that made Generations so exciting in the first place. We do still have a lot to see, particularly with this mysterious new character and gameplay (really doubt it's this character creation malarky though), but right now I don't have much reason to be optimistic.

• Thumbs Up 7

Whoah!! I've never this much disappointment in a mainline game since the Sonic 4 saga.

Green Hill is back... I may be one of the few people who don't mind it but I wish they'd have used another zone.

Not surprised the classic gameplay is nothing like the Genesis but I'll give it the benefit of doubt till a full playthrough.

While the shadow for the new character may look generic, I think there's more to it than meets the eye.

Anyway, while what we've been shown so far is really underwhelming, I'll wait till E3  to give a full opinion on it.

Spoiler

BTW, what if the look GHZ has is because of Eggman's meddling with the new power, thus making it look as bizzare as it is?

• Thumbs Up 1

I mostly love how it was total bs when we were told point blank how this wasn't at all a sequel to Generations and didn't rely on past styles(or something bullshit like that). Gotta love AAA industry PR.

• Thumbs Up 7

4 minutes ago, KHCast said:

I mostly love how it was total bs when we were told point blank how this wasn't at all a sequel to Generations and didn't rely on past styles(or something bullshit like that). Gotta love AAA industry PR.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about this! Iizuka said this last year at Sonic Boom I believe? Goddammit...I mean, I was still not super impressed when I saw the teaser trailer back then but I held onto his words thinking they were true. D:

Actually, I remember back in 2014/2015 a guy on Sonic Retro who knew about the project (somehow) said the game didn't have SLW's parkour nor Boost gameplay. Was he lying too? Maybe it was a different game but they said screw it, scrapped it and started over. 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

Oh yeah I totally forgot about this! Iizuka said this last year at Sonic Boom I believe? Goddammit...I mean, I was still not super impressed when I saw the teaser trailer back then but I held onto his words thinking they were true. D:

Actually, I remember back in 2014/2015 a guy on Sonic Retro who knew about the project (somehow) said the game didn't have SLW's parkour nor Boost gameplay. Was he lying too? Maybe it was a different game but they said screw it, scrapped it and started over. 

"Crap, he knows we're being original! Okay guys, we're scrapping the project now just to get back at him. Let's use Gens shit again, and see how he likes that haha! *evil laugh*"

• Thumbs Up 1

I truly believe it can be bad. Seriously, what is that Green Hill? When I hit the play and saw it, I didn't knew how to react. I was just: what? Even for an alpha. And if it really IS an alpha build, why would they show it? It looks 1% done. Seriously, you don't do that.

It really isn't Generations 2, because the original Generations looks SO MUCH BETTER.

13 minutes ago, Gabz Girl said:

As others have suggested earlier in this topic, maybe what he saw was the third character's gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

I truly believe it can be bad. Seriously, what is that Green Hill? When I hit the play and saw it, I didn't knew how to react. I was just: what? Even for an alpha. And if it really IS an alpha build, why would they show it? It looks 1% done. Seriously, you don't do that.

It really isn't Generations 2, because the original Generations looks SO MUCH BETTER.

I really don't know why this argument ever comes up. What you're seeing in that footage is going to be very indicative of that the final game will look like. The simplistic artstyle, floating platforms and uninspired level design are all conscious design choices. 

• Thumbs Up 4

I saw people here CLAIMING it was an alpha, I also don't think it actually is, as the Modern gameplay looks pretty done already... But seriously, this doesn't look simplistic and uninspired, it looks bland. Lost World had a simplistic artstyle, using lots of basic shapes and flat colors, but it still looked pretty. This doesn't, at least not the classic "Green EW Zone" (can it be its official name?).

I even read people saying it's​ Sandopolis on the background, what? It's just sand. And an ugly one.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Jango said:

I saw people here CLAIMING it was an alpha, I also don't think it actually is, as the Modern gameplay looks pretty done already...

!that's completely how alpha builds work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kinda changing the subject, If the sand is there to show the desolation of Green Hill, I think they aren't doing a great job. The grass and trees could've been dried up, totems could've been broken etc. And they could've replaced Chopper with a new Badnik more fitting for the sand sea. >_>

• Thumbs Up 7

2 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Kinda changing the subject, If the sand is there to show the desolation of Green Hill, I think they aren't doing a great job. The grass and trees could've been dried up, totems could've been broken etc. And they could've replaced Chopper with a new Badnik more fitting for the sand sea. >_>

There could easily be a progression going on.  Chemical Plant starts out pretty innocuous in Generations but is exploding and falling apart by the end of the stage.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Jango said:

Then I've seen better alphas in my life than Forces'.

....So?

Edit: Wait, one second ago you were saying that the modern gameplay looked about done, now the Alpha is one of the worst you've seen? But they're from the same build...

6 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Not sure it's as simple as that. As there is also a pyramid in the background of the GHZ too.

13 minutes ago, JezMM said:

I REALLY think you guys are being overdramatic about Green Hill Zone meaning this is Generations 2.  We already know it isn't due to the confirmed third gameplay style, the desert stuff in Green Hill and the whole "completely 100% a new level" of Modern Sonic's footage.

At the very most we might be seeing old stages getting merged together or with new locations, but at the moment I'm expecting this to just be Classic Sonic's introduction stage in the past, hey what's this desert stuff doing here, Classic Sonic goes to investigate, etc.  Boring that they relied on Green Hill AGAIN to codify that, but not the end of the world.

At the moment to me this game is of course a follow-up to Generations, but it's no more "Generations 2" than Generations was "Unleashed 3" or "Colours 2".

It doesn't need to be a direct follow up in order to more or less be one tho. Time travel, re-using past levels even in mish mashing fashions, split gameplay separating 3D and 2D, all can be easily tied to some sort of spiritual successor to Gens. The general public more or less will get that impressions, so maybe sega should actually explain how this isn't at all related to Gens. This is much more similar to Gens compared to Gens being comparable and similar enough to Unleashed or Colors to warrant the sequel mindset.

• Thumbs Up 1