Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

2 hours ago, VeryGoodName said:

Are you kidding me? Sonic Boom will STILL not air on Cartoon Network on April 15th?

http://tv.twcc.com/listings/cartoon-network#15-Apr-2017

I've honestly have just given up at this point. CN is just a terrible freaking network all around. They treat shows that aren't theirs poorly and they even treat shows that are theirs poorly. If it's not TTG or some lazily animated stale repetitive humor show, then they don't care. If Sonic Boom is going to survive in the States, it has to move networks, because at this point, there's no way it'll survive here. Either A. Move to Disney XD, that network is more accessible then Boomerang and they actually treat outside shows great (Yokai Watch and recently Pokemon Sun and Moon, pokemon actually moving from CN to Disney) or B. Move to Netflix, I assure you with how well Season 1 on Netflix has been doing in other countries should indicate the same would happen if it were to be put on Netflix here. Netflix treats shows great as well and they'd definitely advertise Boom as well.

With Sega possibly trying to start advertising Boom again (Aaron mentioning Mombot on the Sonic Heroes stream), the next thing needed for Boom's survival is leaving CN. They don't care about it, and if that continues, it will most assuredly die.

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's not forget Boom has seen success internationally, though, and with season 2 about to premiere this Saturday over in France, its popularity should come racing back in some form. Even if CN is mucking things up for those of us in the US (which, for the record, I still say needs to change pronto), the show is still beloved across the world, and people are eating it up.

There is still hope.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, SonicWind said:

Let's not forget Boom has seen success internationally, though, and with season 2 about to premiere this Saturday over in France, its popularity should come racing back in some form. Even if CN is mucking things up for those of us in the US (which, for the record, I still say needs to change pronto), the show is still beloved across the world, and people are eating it up.

There is still hope.

And that's great for all the other countries, but for the U.S., not so much. I'm not sure how popular it is in other countries amounts to it's continuation here, but I'm hoping that because it is actually popular everywhere else, that means it will get a Season 3, and it will be still shown in the states. I do have hope, I honestly do, but with how crappy the show has been treated here, I can't help but see the negative. If Season 3 does happen, which I hope it will, they need to move channels. Sonic has actually been on Disney before, they actually used to show episodes of Sonic Underground, which is slightly weird considering how old that show is, but what that means is that Disney isn't new to Sonic. So that gives the show higher chance of being taken under Disney's wing, which would be great.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, SBR2 said:

That was a fun one. Mombot had a great personality and a funny design. I kinda hope she pops up again.

Beth was also adorable. I love that she called everyone "Mister". Also her calling out the logic of Sticks's theory that there are no other planets was gold.

Favorite joke of the episode though has to be "I'll accomplish what no other Scientist ever has." "Prove Climate Change Exists?" That got a good laugh out of me.

Also did anyone notice that Shadow was in the theater?

Where did you see Shadow I don't see him?

1 minute ago, VeryGoodName said:

Maybe we should start a hash tag to save the Sonic Boom TV show (in the U.S.).

I mean, we can at least have some say in this matter.

I'll start.

#SaveSonicBoom

I honestly doubt a big cooperate company like CN really cares about what some fans have to say about a show. If they did, they would've cancelled TTG (or atleast stop showing it as much) and treat all the other shows they own better. But here we are and absolutely nothing has changed. CN learned nothing from their rennasaince era and most of the fan-favorite shows ended or are going to end soon, and CN will once again become irrelevant. The only thing we, as fans, can do, is continue to watch or show and hope for the better. That is all to say about it, honestly.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Jason the Jackass said:

Anyone else notice that Eggman's modern video game theme was playing in the theater? 

Nearly everyone who previously gave their thoughts on this episode pointed it out. It was cool to hear in Sonic Boom though.

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:36 PM, SpongicX said:

Shadow was in the theater? 

BqyN7qZ.jpg

I don't see Shadow, I only see Lady Walrus, her son, the mayor's friend, along with Sonic, Amy, Sticks, and Eggman.

It's when Eggman's entering the Theater. No one else saw him?

7 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

It's when Eggman's entering the Theater. No one else saw him?

*Checks*

Shadow's not in that scene. You may have confused him to Wolfie.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Fusion Ellipsis said:

*Checks*

Shadow's not in that scene. You may have confused him to Wolfie.

Huh. I could have sworn. Oh, well.

24 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

Huh. I could have sworn. Oh, well.

Shadow is more of a netflix kinda guy.

• Thumbs Up 7

Boom Shadow is probably the type who torrents decades-old shonen anime and brags about it being a criminal act to his friends while secretly being terrified that the police are going to arrest him for it.

• Thumbs Up 8

1 minute ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Boom Shadow is probably the type who torrents decades-old shonen anime and brags about it being a criminal act to his friends while secretly being terrified that the police are going to arrest him for it.

While I could see shadow torrenting stuff I can't see him actually being afraid of anyone. Seeing as... he probably couldn't be stopped. Much like the normal version

" That's illegal shadow, "

" Who's going to stop me, the immortal guy with time powers. I will outlive your laws and break your prisons. You can't stop me from watching jojo's part 4" 

" ... but you can just watch it on crunchyroll for free"

" I want it in HD" 

" Then pay for a sub" 

"Its the principal of the matter"

" The principal of stealing'

"YES!"

Tails might be the one more adventurous yet fearful of the law , he has the genious to consider breaking the rules but the good conscious to normally not do that 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, VeryGoodName said:

I have a feeling that 2017 is gonna be the year where the Sonic Boom TV show makes a comeback. Once the show premieres in France, the show's popularity should come back racing in some form (like SonicWind said), which will hopefully contribute to things turning around for the Sonic Boom TV show in the U.S. this year.

What would make this any different than 2015 though? France was already doing much better with Sonic Boom, yet CN did nothing... The show won an award this year, and CN still did nothing... The show got a new video game last year, yet CN still did nothing to help promote the show any further.

CN is not going to change... They're too busy pouting over everyone demanding for anything that isn't cheap and lousy Teen Titans Go!... Sega is sadly not doing any better. It's kind of sad when the cast and crew have to promote the show's existence... It was their jobs to help make the show, it was not their jobs to be in  charge of promoting it on their own, because the companies are too stubborn and lazy to give the cast and crew's work a fair chance, or any recognition...

12 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

I never said that the show would get better treatment on Cartoon Network, the show could move to another network eventually due to Cartoon Network dumping the show on Boomerang for all we know.

I suppose SEGA is to blame somewhat, but it could be that they're not promoting the show that much because of Cartoon Network mainly airing the show on Boomerang.

Heck, the lack of promotion by SEGA and Cartoon Network could be a sign that the show will move to another network (like Disney XD) sooner or later.

But Disney XD might not be a good choice either though. Most people seem to claim Sonic Boom on Boomerang is a bad choice, because very few people have that channel, but Disney XD is also a channel that many aren't provided with. 

I can't believe I'm saying this, because I prefer tuning into new shows on TV, but the way TV channels are now in days, the show is better off just airing Netflix from now on. But Sega had to sign a stupid deal with Hulu in North America, and I don't think they aired a single season 2 episode yet!...

5 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

Disney XD is available to over 68.8% of households in the U.S. with at least one television set. It's not as accessible as Cartoon Network, but it's still quite a handful, and it's much more accessible then Boomerang.

Sonic Boom is better off on Disney XD then on Boomerang at least. Disney XD actually treats their acquired shows fairly. I mean, Pokémon made a network jump because of Cartoon Network mistreating it, so it would probably be best if Sonic Boom does the same eventually.

Disney XD is a bad choice everybody is saying that

Disney XD is still a better choice that CN tbh. And I wouldn't say Nickelodeon would be a good option either. If CN is the Teen Titans Go Network, then Nick is the Spongebob network. At least XD doesn't give one show alone half of the airtime.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

Yep.

Sonic Boom moving to Disney XD is the only faith I have for the show. If it happens, which I pray that it does, then all of our problems would be solved.

I would be happy again instead of literally feeling depressed due to the Sonic Boom TV show getting mistreated to death by Cartoon Network.

Plus Disney XD has bad quality too and not even a petition or a hashtag isn't going to change it

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, VeryGoodName said:

Disney XD is 1080i HD, and I have no say regarding that petition.

I'm not saying that there's really anything we can do about it, but I'm not saying that things won't turn around this year for Sonic Boom, either.

We can at the very least hope that the Sonic Boom TV show will see the light of day in the U.S. again.

Disney XD is not gonna take Sonic Boom plus you can watch it on demand 1080p quality 

Thinking about how Gravity Falls's hiatuses went I'm not sure how well they'd treat Boom considering they basically refused to air one of their own shows for large periods of time

• Thumbs Up 2

To be fair that's because Gravity Falls was really expensive to animate and they wanted to milk it more considering they invested so much on it only for Hirsch to not want a third season. But Disney was really cool about it and let the show end when he wanted it to end. Also season 2 wasn't even fully completed when it began airing, and rewrittes and ideas were still being made.

Pretty sure Gravity Falls was supposed to have more content, not less. I mean Ford is only fully a part of like six episodes. If I recall correctly, Disney made the choice for less episodes, which would speak even worse for what it could do to Boom, which will have more episodes than ALL of GF by the end of this season.

We're getting a bit off topic here. Let's get back to focusing on Sonic Boom, instead of Disney XD and Gravity Falls.

Except the discussion was about whether Disney XD would treat Sonic Boom right, based on it's treatment of other shows. It's still tied back to the original conversation.

Also, don't try to police the topic. You're not a mod.

2 hours ago, Shaddy the guy said:

Pretty sure Gravity Falls was supposed to have more content, not less. I mean Ford is only fully a part of like six episodes. If I recall correctly, Disney made the choice for less episodes,

It was the contrary really. Disney even wanted a third season. But creator Alex Hirsch didn't really have that much planned for it and the stress of making such a high budget show with a lot of production value drove him nuts. He had tons of fun of course but like he said, he never really meant to make a third season and pretty much all the stuff we saw was all the stuff he wanted to put in, to him the message of Gravity Falls wasn't really the mistery or the lore, but family. The only things that Disney did hassle him about was the hiatus because they wanted to make the show last a bit longer and also some risky stuff (One such thing was a couple of LGBT references in Love Potion which Disney opposed at the time due to something to do with Russia and other foreign countries in which the show aired). However if the guy ever changed his mind Disney is very open to the idea. 

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/gravity-falls-creator-alex-hirsch-explains-why-hes-ending-the-show-after-2-seasons-122230.html