Awoo.

Sonic Boom (Untagged Spoilers)

Ryannumber1gamer

Ah, I see. So Plowman accidentally made a piece of music that beat-by-beat matches an incredibly prolific music track of another Western Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon.

Got it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just seen the ratings for 'Nutwork' posted by Donnie and, yep, it's just as I suspected. Another low. Just barely pushing over 100,000 viewers which, when you consider the population of the US, is infinitesimal. 

Until something is done about this, I really don't see the show continuing for very much longer.

CN and - if the rumours earlier this week were true - SEGA themselves appear to be itching to pull the plug, so the tanking viewership is probably going to give them grounds/justification to do so.

37 minutes ago, Chameleon94 said:

What is considered good ratings for Boomerang and cable TV in general?

Well, I'm hardly a network executive, but I know enough to be certain that 0.11 million viewers for a mid-to-high-budget family show like Sonic Boom is not good. Not good at all.

For comparison: season 1 routinely drew in upwards of 1.2 million viewers, as do most episodes of (shudder) Teen Titans Go.

In other words, season 2 is dropping like a stone.

11 minutes ago, Mcbasilrocks said:

Well, I'm hardly a network executive, but I know enough to be certain that 0.11 million viewers for a mid-to-high-budget family show like Sonic Boom is not good. Not good at all.

For comparison: season 1 routinely drew in upwards of 1.2 million viewers, as do most episodes of (shudder) Teen Titans Go.

In other words, season 2 is dropping like a stone.

Okay, but can you really compare the ratings when they are on 2 very different channels?

21 minutes ago, Chameleon94 said:

Okay, but can you really compare the ratings when they are on 2 very different channels?

In this case, yes. Boomerang is owned by Cartoon Network, and thus the awful ratings on the former channel as opposed to the latter are demonstrative of the viewership gap the move has caused.

I haven't caught up on Spacemagedon and Nutwork yet, but this is probably my favourite episode of Sonic Boom yet! The humour was great throughout. I always like to see good Sonic and Tails interactions and it was plentiful here. I also like the more Sonic-y plot over the often stock sitcom plots of the first season, and seeing Sonic getting really enthusiastic about something as opposed to his usual bored, laid back Boom self was a treat! It's a shame to hear the ratings have been going so poorly after the switch, given how solid this Season is being.

Well, if you wanna get SUPER technical about it, Blast Processing kinda exists in that the one technical superiority the Genesis had over the Super Nintendo was a faster processor. : P

But yeah, great episodes recently. I'm gonna miss this show a lot.

• Thumbs Up 2

According to the episode list of Wikipedia, the upcoming episodes includes one based on Sonic's fear of water.

Upcoming Episodes: 

The Biggest Fan

Anything I Can Do, I Can Do Worst-er!

I Can Sea Sonic's Fear From Here

In the Midnight Hour

• Thumbs Up 1

Alone again unnaturally was a fun episode! XD

i liked that Sonic wanted to go even faster, and how hyped he was about his new boost speed! :D , ^_^ i just... heheh what happend to Roger’s voice when he said “DO IT!!”  ? XD ahhaha  omg really weird XD possible Sonic teenage voice changes? lol no, just kidding

i didn’t like it was everyone again doing mean faces to Tails when he named his new invention .. .>:v

also only Tails and Knuckles seemed more concerned about Sonic’s well being after his dissappearence,  altough Sticks was like, the little sibling that wants to have your stuff when you are gone of the house XD  heheh i mean that hasn't happend to me yet, but when i go of my house i bet my little bro would like to have my room :lol:

and the Back to the Future-ish Music .. lol

• Thumbs Up 2

Speaking of The Biggest Fan, Doug Lieblich is the writer for the episode thanks to good ol' Freiberger (who just happened to reach 1K followers btw)

Doug also wrote Blue with Envy (Aw yeah duderino broguy!), The Curse of Buddy-Buddy Temple (THE POWER OF TEAMWORK!) and My Fair Sticksy (I got nothing :/) and like Benoit, Doug some teleplay for the show for the VERY FIRST EPISODE of the series, The Sidekick, along with that episode's writer, Mark Banker.

Just now, Soni said:

The Curse of Buddy-Buddy Temple (THE POWER OF TEAMWORK!) and My Fair Sticksy (I got nothing :/) and like Benoit, Doug some teleplay for the show for the VERY FIRST EPISODE of the series, The Sidekick, along with that episode's writer, Mark Banker.

AW YEAH BABY 

latest?cb=20160324140846

2 minutes ago, Soni said:

Doug also wrote Blue with Envy (Aw yeah duderino broguy!)

XkpDEeY.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

I know right, Swifty the Shrew was hilarious but it was such a shame that he was destroyed...

Poor guy, I wanted to the hear the Sharknado composer again in Boom. :( 

As for newly made fans of Benoit Grenier, Bill's got some good news for ya!

Just now, Soni said:

I know right, Swifty the Shrew was hilarious but it was such a shame that he was destroyed...

Poor guy, I wanted to the hear the Sharknado composer again in Boom. :( 

tumblr_mir4n4FB3z1qhansmo1_1280.jpg

Being completely serious for a moment.

I don't often hate Sonic characters a lot. Don't get me wrong, there are ones I hate. But Swifty is one of the absolute worst. His entire joke of being an 90s idiot who's trying to be hip and rad fell completely apart by having literally everyone *but* Sonic figure this out. Call it satire of the 90s, but when you fail to properly make fun of the joke, and constantly make it look like it's the straight man who's in the wrong, then you're not doing it right, and it comes off as the show glorifying the character.

So, I found a  funny visual error from the episode"Nutwork". Look at Sticks's hand and the television screen behind her. Notice how her hand clips through the picture on the TV screen? I swear, this is not photo edited. If you pause this scene frame by frame, you'll see the visual error. I was cracking up when I saw this, luckily it happens so fast, so it's barely noticeable in motion. I think we can all mostly agree that the annoying Countdown on the upper right of the screen is the real problem with this picture... And episode and general. I watch Sonic Boom to get away from Teen Titans Go, not to have it interrupt the visuals of Sonic Boom, lol. 

SnapShot(167).png

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

So, I found funny visual error from the episode"Nutwork". Look at Sticks hand and the television screen behind her. Notice how her hand clips through the picture on the TV screen? I swear, this is not photo edited. If you pause this scene frame by frame, you'll see the visual error. I was cracking up when I saw this, luckily it happens so fast, because it's barely noticeable in motion. I think we can all mostly agree that the annoying Countdown on the upper right of the screen is the real problem with this picture... And episode and general. I watch Sonic Boom to get away from Teen Titans Go, not to have it interrupt the visuals of Sonic Boom, lol. 

SnapShot(167).png

Lol. What makes it even worse for me is that I'm the oldest out of my siblings, the two youngest being 4 and 5 and absolutely love to watch Teen Titans Go! I mourn every single second that I have to watch of that show because of how stupid and idiotic it is, so seeing a stupid ad for it in shows that I actually like to watch (Amazing World of Gumball, Sonic Boom, and Steven Universe) triggers me on so many levels. That and that idiotic PowerPuff Girls reboot. I tried to like it, I really did, but that twerking scene (they're freaking in elementary for god's sake) completely destroyed me.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Drawloverlala said:

i didn’t like it was everyone again doing mean faces to Tails when he named his new invention .. .>:v

also only Tails and Knuckles seemed more concerned about Sonic’s well being after his dissappearence,  altough Sticks was like, the little sibling that wants to have your stuff when you are gone of the house XD  heheh i mean that hasn't happend to me yet, but when i go of my house i bet my little bro would like to have my room :lol:

Can you blame them? Tails kept putting Sonic's life in danger, and didn't bother apologizing, or showing any sympathy for what he's put Sonic through. Tails was a little bit unlikable for me, at the beginning, but he got better throughout, especially when he risked his life as a last chance at bringing Sonic back to their plane of reality. That's what also helped make this episode enjoyable, although the characters had their bitter moments, they all came through in the end. I liked how Sonic actually gave his friends credit at the end, instead of letting his ego convince him that he defeat Eggman by himself. He actually said "let's celebrate our victory", instead of "my victory". I like Sonic better when he gives credit where it's due. 

Also, I'd say Amy showed her concern for Sonic's disappearance. She was probably trying to be mature about it, instead of playing the blame game, or making the others feel sad. She tried comforting Tails, after fearing that he may have accidentally killed Sonic. Would you rather have had Amy scowl Tails and say "you killed Sonic, it's all your fault?" Knuckles was the only one that gave Tails a hard time over possibly killing Sonic. Sticks was more concerned over getting Sonic's stuff, while Amy was trying to cope with Sonic's loss in a more supportive way. Also, Amy was the only one to show a pleased response when Tails confirms Sonic is still alive, and there may be a way to bring him back, you can tell by the way she smiles upon hearing that, while Sticks and Knuckles just keep looking like they're confused. Amy was also the only one to mention how great it is to have Sonic back at the end. So don't act like Amy didn't care about Sonic's disappearance. Instead of acting like a big baby, or playing the blame game, she instead tried comforting Tails, but Tails wasn't amused by her attempt, because she was talking to Tails like he was denying Sonic's death. Tails corrects her by saying he's not dead. If anything, Sticks was the only one who didn't seem to be bothered by Sonic's disappearance. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dantemustdie00 said:

Fudge, I think theirs gonna be ANOTHER damn marathon next weekend meaning no Sonic Boom again.

Ugh... I hate CN so much... I'm glad I subscribed to Sling TV, now I have access to Boomerang. I'll be able to legally watch the show again. 

3 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Ugh... I hate CN so much... I'm glad I subscribed to Sling TV, now I have access to Boomerang. I'll be able to legally watch the show again. 

Sad I cannot do the same. I hope they can somehow get the show on Netflix as that's the only way I can actually watch it legally.

34 minutes ago, SpongicX said:

Can you blame them? Tails kept putting Sonic's life in danger, and didn't bother apologizing, or showing any sympathy for what he's put Sonic through. Tails was a little bit unlikable for me, at the beginning, but he got better throughout, especially when he risked his life as a last chance at bringing Sonic back to their plane of reality. That's what also helped make this episode enjoyable, although the characters had their bitter moments, they all came through in the end. I liked how Sonic actually gave his friends credit at the end, instead of letting his ego convince him that he defeat Eggman by himself. He actually said "let's celebrate our victory", instead of "my victory". I like Sonic better when he gives credit where it's due. 

Also, I'd say Amy showed her concern for Sonic's disappearance. She was probably trying to be mature about it, instead of playing the blame game, or making the others feel sad. She tried comforting Tails, after fearing that he may have accidentally killed Sonic. Would you rather have had Amy scowl Tails and say "you killed Sonic, it's all your fault?" Knuckles was the only one that gave Tails a hard time over possibly killing Sonic. Sticks was more concerned over getting Sonic's stuff, while Amy was trying to cope with Sonic's loss in a more supportive way. Also, Amy was the only one to show a pleased response when Tails confirms Sonic is still alive, and there may be a way to bring him back, you can tell by the way she smiles upon hearing that, while Sticks and Knuckles just keep looking like they're confused. Amy was also the only one to mention how great it is to have Sonic back at the end. So don't act like Amy didn't care about Sonic's disappearance. Instead of acting like a big baby, or playing the blame game, she instead tried comforting Tails, but Tails wasn't amused by her attempt, because she was talking to Tails like he was denying Sonic's death. Tails corrects her by saying he's not dead. If anything, Sticks was the only one who didn't seem to be bothered by Sonic's disappearance. 

ok, i'm sorry its just what it seemed to me at first, i regret my words then, i think you are right.

1 hour ago, Dantemustdie00 said:

Fudge, I think theirs gonna be ANOTHER damn marathon next weekend meaning no Sonic Boom again.

You sure? Cause again I took screen caps of zap2it's schedule for both Dec 10th and recently Dec 17th and both of them have Boom in their proper slots.

Dec10th-2.PNG

Dec17th.PNG

Man this show's quality has seen quite a jump in this season. The animation in particular feels so much smoother and colorful. The writing seems to be somewhat more "actiony" than last season, but the jokes are really hitting their mark now. God the new episode was freaking priceless, I'm impressed.

I knew a second season would allow the writers to make the show shine even brighter. <3

• Thumbs Up 4

Its a shame so many people are missing out on this season. Three of the four episodes I've seen so far would easily rank in the top quarter of Season one, and that's before you take the higher quality animation into account.

• Thumbs Up 1