Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

On 13 June 2017 at 11:05 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

That'd be pretty cool. Maybe Coco and Tawna both turn out to be Cortex's next targets, and Crash decides to free them both. Tawna...does what you expect, but Coco and Crash become family.

Also, not sure if posted but Crash 2's opening cutscene: 

Actually I'd love to see that happen, especially since the original Crash 1 was pretty much made an all for nothing mission. On one hand Tawna dumped him almost instantly after he rescued her (for one of his biggest enemies at that). On the other hand he's now got Coco and Aku Aku after helping them out along the way.

It's not that out of the blue, I suppose. One of the best elements of Titans' story was how blatantly Crash cared about the two the second time Cortex picked on them. (Coco already has that Tails vibe to her gameplay and role wise, she may as well be Crash's heart melting little buddy as well :D).

I like endings that draw out like that, when a character fails at their primary motive, but by products of their kindness and accomplishments throughout make it a laser guided karma happy ending anyway.

• Thumbs Up 2

So this is cool, I noticed it in this gameplay video at 4:27, when Coco does her spin animation, you might have noticed something familiar... 

You see Coco's foot extended in a kicking animation. Know what else did that? 

Skip to 0:38. In another great nod to the series' history, Coco's spin animation is a sped up and fancier version of her WoC spin animation which was karate based.

• Thumbs Up 2

IGN has an article on Coco. Most of it we already knew (how Coco came to be playable, the in-game reason she's playable in Crash 1 and 2), but it did confirm that the interaction points seen in some footage of Crash 1 and 2 are likely in the final product, so the requirement to unlock her seems to be to get past the first boss for them. Crash 3 isn't given, as Coco is in the hub from the start and I don't know how early you can talk to her. 

Double-post. He knows about timed exclusives, and Crash N-Sane isn't one...

....as of now. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Only time will tell... ^^^

Anyways, so I saw an interview with Dan and he said that the team developed the games in order (1, 2 and 3) and by the time of the PSX, they've just started the development of Crash 2...

He meant PSX 2015, right??? There's no way they could've developed Crash 2 and 3, much deeper and bigger games than 1, in only six months O.o That's insane (no pun, I'm actually concerned!)

Holy crap, man. But it does makes sense, during 2016 E3 they didn't showed anything, so by that time, not even Crash 1 was finished, not even an early alpha? Didn't Dan also said that they've​ started working on the Trilogy in mid 2015? O.o Sure the beggining of ANY PROJECT is the tougher part, but they basically made 3 games in a year!! What?! Damn...! Woah.

Well, it would have been much easier to do 2 and 3 for N-Sane than move to them back in the day. All they had to do in regards to physics was add in some moves and tweak it as they go along, whereas the physics were reworked quite heavily in the PS1 era. It's mostly the making the assets they had to worry about for 2 and 3. 

5 hours ago, VEDJ-F said:

Double-post. He knows about timed exclusives, and Crash N-Sane isn't one...

....as of now. 

Yeah, It's sounding more and more like they have a plan to release it on other systems they've just been waiting to reveal it because they want to maximize sales first week on PlayStation first . That's what I gather from all the wording we've been hearing 

Well, it would have been much easier to do 2 and 3 for N-Sane than move to them back in the day. All they had to do in regards to physics was add in some moves and tweak it as they go along, whereas the physics were reworked quite heavily in the PS1 era. It's mostly the making the assets they had to worry about for 2 and 3. 

Oh, I don't know just HOW easy... Think, both 2 and 3 have different gameplay styles, Warped especially. Not to mention bigger, longer, even WIDER levels. Also variety. They've done an herculian task. I hope it pays off, really wish Activision would give them more time to polish, as I think Crash 3 may suffer some issues. I'm not saying they're incompetent, never, but that's really hard to pull off, as if people haven't being constantly pointing stuff they wanna see changed/fixed every week, right? Dear Lord, Vicarious Visions.

Vicarious Vision is a big team tho', they're not just a small group of developers, heck the entire prototype of Coco as a playable character was done at a gamejam VV held by a group who really wanted to add her to the game, and it's implied it was a recent thing. Plus, and I REALLY don't mean to take away any value in their work here, they are working hard and it is amazing, but, they are remaking games, not making a brand new game, they have the ground work, they have the base, they're building around it, level geometry, level design, art direction, character design, all that they already had from day 1, obviously, tweaks were necessary and a lot of improvements were made, but from the first day of development, they already were at a much more advanced stage than if they were making a brand new game.

• Thumbs Up 8

You're right. The only thing still putting me slightly off is the sound design. Anywaysssss, just two more weeks!

Some tracks are good, but others are incredibly lacking. The SFX are also very quiet. It's not "CRASH" enough, ya' know? This is my biggest gripe. Music taste will always be subjective, but the sound effects should be the same from the originals, or at least have the same intensity.

On 2017-6-16 at 1:57 PM, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Yeah, It's sounding more and more like they have a plan to release it on other systems they've just been waiting to reveal it because they want to maximize sales first week on PlayStation first . That's what I gather from all the wording we've been hearing 

Pretty sure they wouldn't have said "It's not a timed exclusive" if that was the case. If anything, it's likely they have to try tip toe the subject in case Activision decides to port it down the line.

I guess just one more spoiler before the release :D

Oh my God, is that the original Crash going into a machine and coming out as the N. Sane Trilogy Crash? :lol: That's so nice!!!

So just to be sure, it features THREE games right? [emoji14]

Can't confirm, better wait untill is out to be sure.

• Thumbs Up 2

wow, street date broken 2 weeks before release..and I have to wait another 11 days for amazon to ship it to me..oh well.

YES THEY BROUGHT BACK THE SUIT. That was really the only thing they needed to do to make a commercial for this perfect.

Hey, that video gives us our first look at Baby T, in Eggipus Rex no less!

He looks so happy