Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

This is everything a remake should be. An absolutely beautiful, faithful recreation of one of the best video game trilogies of all time.

Man, if they use the knowledge they gained from this game to make a NEW Crash Bandicoot game in the same vein as the original trilogy...could you even IMAGINE? I'd love for Crash to become a regular game series again.

• Thumbs Up 6

34 minutes ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

This is everything a remake should be. An absolutely beautiful, faithful recreation of one of the best video game trilogies of all time.

Man, if they use the knowledge they gained from this game to make a NEW Crash Bandicoot game in the same vein as the original trilogy...could you even IMAGINE? I'd love for Crash to become a regular game series again.

100% agreed. Also i believe it was said by a reliable, proven source on GAF and here by the name of Enter The Dragon Punch that a new game is in development and that this and Skylanders were merely prepping us for the new game. 

17 hours ago, Mayor D said:

Remember how worried some people where? 

You can stop worrying now!

Crash is Back!

As wonky as Skylanders crash did look, I must admit, he at least was very animated and expressive and cartoony. Here...he doesn't seem nearly as natural and wacky. Maybe that's just me. Both aren't terrible iterations of crash, I also should add.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, PC the Hedgehog said:

Now,  what I'd give for Twinsanity remake complete with the cut content to do that game justice!

On 6/14/2016 at 6:39 PM, Ming Ming Hatsune said:
On 6/14/2016 at 8:11 PM, Tornado said:

Wow. You sure are edgy for putting your reputation on the line over something all of two people in this thread wondered aloud about. Got a real badass over here.

Now, since you've very publicly attempted to weasel your way out nearly everything you were originally claiming to be the case, are you done?

I'll tell you what. I'll change my name to Dishonest Ming Ming for a month, if these games turn out to be actual Ratchet-like remakes. That's how confident I am.

On 6/13/2016 at 11:10 PM, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Well they certainly can't put PS1-graphic backgrounds on stage, it will look fugly.

But yes I agree it will indeed be a remake IF the game is like that background.

But I believe it isn't. Who's going to develop game if it's indeed a remake? We should know almost immediately who is going to develop new games/remakes.

On 6/13/2016 at 11:35 PM, Ming Ming Hatsune said:

Also another thing I found out: ALL of these three games will be released next year. So they're definitely not remakes.

phoenix-document(a).gif

Well, from the footage seen and shown,  they certainly are NOT remasters but honest to God remakes. And if by "Ratchet-like", you mean adding in some new story elements, well,  we're already seeing Tawna actually fending for herself,  and I doubt that'll be all  the changes to come. 

• Thumbs Up 2

And some people said that this game lacks charm and the "wacky Looney Tunes feel"...

zxh9u2E.gif

Oh yeah, totaly.

Though, I can agree with people when they say that the graphics are a bit too bright in some areas. This debate is dividing opinions.

Honestly, I think the graphics look absolutely great, it is exactly what I had in mind. Sharp, clean, and most notable: fateful. Like, everything is in place, absolutely every grain of sand is there, it's like Vicarious Visions took the original textures and drawn over them (which I believe is how it actually happened :D). Just look at the Papu-Papu's hut, it's freaking amazingly detailed.

I believe the issue isn't the graphics, but the brightness/contrast. It could be touched up a little, especially the temple level, which looks way too bright and clear, those levels are suppose to be dark and hard to see.

But in general? Gorgeous. It's Sonic Lost World levels of sharpness. And Crash's model is amazing in action.

^ The advancement of 20 years of technology is Incredible. 

Also, good to see the "Crash was never good lol" people come crawling out of their holes again. The salt for a game most of them have never even played tastes sooooo good.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, thought it'd be fun to speculate trophies for the game! My ideas:

Crash 1:

King of N.Sanity Island: Collect all other trophies in the game

Crash Bashed: Died ten times

Cortex Chaos: Defeated Cortex

Punched Papu: Defeated Papu Papu

Ripped Roo: Defeated Ripper Roo

Kong Kicked: Defeated Koala Kong

Pinned Pinstripe: Defeat Pinstripe Potoroo

No More Nitro: Defeated Nitrus Brio 

No Threat at All: Unlocked the alternative ending

Apple Farmer: Collected 99 Wumpa Fruit 

She Escaped?!: Complete a Tawna Bonus Room

Too Good: Completed Slippery Climb

Crash Landed: Complete N-Sanity Island 

Batty: Collect a Gem

Crash 2:

Where No Bandicoot has Gone Before: Collect all other trophies in the game

Best Buddies!: Finish the Prologue 

Roo Rematch: Defeat Ripper Roo

Twinsanity: Defeat the Komodo Brothers 

Tossed Tiger: Defeat Tiny Tiger

Goodbye N.Gin!: Defeated N.Gin 

Cortex Conundrum: Defeated Cortex

Advert your Gaze: Collected 12 Power Crystals

You've Gone Crystal Crazy!: Collected all 25 Power Crystals

Turnabout: Helped N.Brio using the power gems

More than a Cat: Get over ten lives

Golden Apple: Collected 99 Wumpa Fruit 

Crash 3:

Bandicoot to the Future: Collected all trophies in this game

Big Bro: Complete a Level as Crash

Little Sister: Complete a Level as Coco

Tiger Trail: Complete a level with Pura

Water you waiting for: Complete an Underwater Level

Jetting Off: Complete a Jet-Ski Level

Eye of the Tiger: Defeated Tiny

Adult Mutant Flamethrower Dingodiles: Defeated Dingodile 

Bandicoot Day: Defeated N.Tropy 

Gundumb: Defeated N.Gin 

The Nutty Scientist: Defeated Cortex

Dr. Uka and Mr. Cortex: Defeated Cortex again and gotten the secret ending

Future Events: Collect All 25 Power Crystals 

• Thumbs Up 7

10 minutes ago, Zippo said:

^ The advancement of 20 years of technology is Incredible. 

Also, good to see the "Crash was never good lol" people come crawling out of their holes again. The salt for a game most of them have never even played tastes sooooo good.

The best part will be that the classics have a REALLY vocal fanbase, who respect the difficulty and how well built they are, so if someone brings the ''Oh this game sucks it's too hard'' card, it won't stick at all.

14 minutes ago, Ryannumber1Santa said:

trophies

Don't forget the "collect all platinum relics in each game" trophy :P

I'm gonna plat this baby. Oh yes!

It's interesting the crates collected in the bonus stages now count towards the required total crates for the level. This might seem harsh, but I thinks it's fair because Crash appears to control better and the improved save feature where you can still collect the gems even if you die after a checkpoint.

In the remaster am I correct in thinking if you muck-up one of the bonus stages (including the N-Gin & Cortex bonus levels) you can now retry the bonus stage without the need to restart the main level all over again? 

2 minutes ago, EllieBot said:

Don't forget the "collect all platinum relics in each game" trophy :P

I'm gonna plat this baby. Oh yes!

It's interesting the crates collected in the bonus stages now count towards the required total crates for the level. This might seem harsh, but I thinks it's fair because Crash appears to control better and the improved save feature where you can still collect the gems even if you die after a checkpoint.

In the remaster am I right in thinking that if you muck-up one of the bonus stages (including the N-Gin & Cortex bonus levels) you can now retry the bonus level without the need to restart the level all over again? 

Yep, in one of the videos you can see that instead of being instantly taken to the bonus after collecting 3 tokens the Crash 1 stages now have a platform similar to the bonus from 2 and 3 that is unlocked after you collect the 3 tokens displayed on it and it will teleport you to a bonus, being always available once you've unlocked it.

And to keep things easier, the platforms seem to be always located next to the third token of each stage.

• Thumbs Up 2

They really took their time to make this game easier to understand and have better track of things (the reformulated menu), but not easier to play per se. Though, I wonder if Slippery Climb will still have a single checkpoint. I guess they could add a classic and an easy mode (kinda like the Duck Tales Remastered)? Today's kids would never beat that level, let alone get there haha Then again, part of the difficulty was the awkward jump weight, which according to hands-on impressions, it's gone!

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't forget that Slippery climb also has a Brio bonus along the Tawna bonus, so that's going to be fun.

54 minutes ago, Ratcicle King said:

Yep, in one of the videos you can see that instead of being instantly taken to the bonus after collecting 3 tokens the Crash 1 stages now have a platform similar to the bonus from 2 and 3 that is unlocked after you collect the 3 tokens displayed on it and it will teleport you to a bonus, being always available once you've unlocked it.

And to keep things easier, the platforms seem to be always located next to the third token of each stage.

Cool. Yeah that design is so much better.

36 minutes ago, Jango said:

They really took their time to make this game easier to understand and have better track of things (the reformulated menu), but not easier to play per se. Though, I wonder if Slippery Climb will still have a single checkpoint. I guess they could add a classic and an easy mode (kinda like the Duck Tales Remastered)? Today's kids would never beat that level, let alone get there haha Then again, part of the difficulty was the awkward jump weight, which according to hands-on impressions, it's gone!

All these little design tweaks are going make Crash 1 all the more fun to play. Vicarious Visions clearly gets it. They really understand what they are doing and have listened to feedback.

Slippery Climb was one of the most satisfying stages to beat at the first attempt. I've always found it a rather tense level with the tricky timing when jumping onto those moving platforms and the tense music. I like how it rains in the stage, has a good atmosphere.

You know what, I'm going to go and 100% the original Crash......again. Only done that like 10 times before XD

• Thumbs Up 1

this game, could put Vicarious Visions. as an big trustworthy devteam in the vein of an bigg AAA team like Naughty Dog. they existed since the 90s, but they never put something out that established their company,

they were certainly notable for making an ps2-port of Spiderman 2, and that was lolworthy for having large-sticked out grass. they came an long way from that.

Panel's over!

Highlights:

- Vicarious Visions's lurked message boards (probably NeoGAF) and YT videos to know exactly what fans wanted. "We needed to get this right", they said.

- CTR remastered is a possibility.

Sadly no demo on PSN yet :/

Wow, Crash is so fresh from the Cortex Vortex that he keeps gems in his mouth for safe keeping, haha. Nice little touch there.

Also, just the fact that Vicarious Visions even knew about using the invincibility to walk over and collect the bridge of boxes on the right path told me I have no worries they know what they're doing with this franchise. They understand their craft and looks to be in good hands.

Edit: Here's another nice little touch they added for those who somehow missed a gem even when collecting all boxes:

https://twitter.com/Stefannn_/status/805537618934972416

• Thumbs Up 1

Was anybody really expecting a demo to come out especially this early? What game has ever had a demo that folks can download as soon as the press is playing it at an event like this?  

Besides we don't even know how it'd work yet, they'll most likely wait to release a demo containing one stage of each game, which can take a while seeing as they're either focusing development on Crash 1 right now or have the other 2 games in works too but are saving them for a later event.

1 hour ago, Dejimon11 said:

Was anybody really expecting a demo to come out especially this early? What game has ever had a demo that folks can download as soon as the press is playing it at an event like this?  

Does the Parappa remaster count? I don't know the actual release date for that though, just 2017.

Though I didn't particularly expect one this early anyways, just food for thought.

10 hours ago, Frozen Sapphire Jovahexeon said:

phoenix-document(a).gif

Well, from the footage seen and shown,  they certainly are NOT remasters but honest to God remakes. And if by "Ratchet-like", you mean adding in some new story elements, well,  we're already seeing Tawna actually fending for herself,  and I doubt that'll be all  the changes to come. 

I mean, I was just going to let her stew on it herself, but that works too

• Thumbs Up 1