Awoo.

Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy (2017)

Ryannumber1gamer

40 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Please tell me the Spyro they are referring to isn't fuckface and instead the classic one.

'''''''Fuckface'''''' is indeed the one in the package, you can see in the videos and cutscenes.

2 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

So, Vicarious Visions made the Thumpin Wumpa Islands adventure pack as a "preview" of the remasters. http://www.deviantart.com/journal/Gamescom-Information-on-Imaginators-629501909

Creation Crystals CANNOT be reset, leaving you with the Battle Class you have chosen.

-The Thumpin’ Wumpa Islands level will be available to players who purchase the Skylanders Imaginators Starter Pack featuring Crash Bandicoot for PlayStation consoles at launch. The level will also be available to all platforms via purchase of the Skylanders Imaginators Thumpin’ Wumpa Islands Adventure Pack this holiday for the suggested retail price of $29.99.

God dammit Activision seriously? 

Predictable. Activision wants mainly ca$h and it knows Crash is popular and demanded, so of course it's gonna squeeze the most out of it. Nothing new (yet still sad).

I'm imagining thats a dual pack with crash and Neo figs so maybe not that bad, since the area will probably require their abilities to enter. Also the DK and Bowser stand-alone packs were $25 at release

In regards to the whole "Remaster Vs. Remake" thing, consider this, porting and enhancing the original PS1 games is not possible. They're hardcoded to the PS1 architecture in weird ways to achieve a lot of what they pulled off. Up-rezzing the game and touching up the textures isn't going to do anything for the look, so you'll need completely redone graphics most likely. Not to mention that the PS1 technology is completely different from the PS4 which is an entirely different beast altogether. 

Also, ND owns the original source code which is, pretty much, outdated and obsolete by today's standards in the industry. Activision/VV aren't even legally obligated to use the thing UNLESS ND loaned it out to them which seems pretty pointless in of itself because it's a bitch to program on. They're programmed in a proprietary language that only a few people out there even know how to use. And before you say "What about the Crash bits in Uncharted 4?" That was not GOOL, it'd be impossible to code that along with UC4's so the Crash bits had to play by the rules and follow the UC4 engine code. And believe it or not, that was all done by one guy. The "remaster" contains three games that are very different from each other in sometimes subtle, sometimes massive ways -- which means that if they're doing a remaster, not only do they have to make ONE awkward, specific engine into a version that works today, they have to do at least TWO -- Crash 1, and 2/3. 2/3 are pretty similar under the hood, from what I know. If they are remaking them ground up, they would need two subsets of a new engine for Crash 1 and then 2/3 -- I doubt they'd do this, so Vicarious Visions remaking all three with unified physics and a single new engine (based on their Alchemy engine, most likely) is probably the way to go.

You're honestly better off remaking the entire thing from scratch which is what they're doing instead of going through that mess. They already have the assets from Skylanders and it'd be a HUGE fucking waste of resources not to use them again in future projects. Plus for what it's worth, certain Sony employees have referred to the games as "remakes" and then deleted their tweets when the tweet got even a little publicity. This is also how we learned that Sony started the project and themselves went to Activision to get the Crash ball rolling again.

• Thumbs Up 9

The only risk I see in re-programming the code is fucking up the controls. Crash 2's controls are fucking tight as fuck, incredibly responsible as you can land jump after jump without a quarter of a second of delay, which is essential in a platforming game. This also made Crash so much more refined and playable than most platformers back in the late 90's.

For example, I loved Duck Tales Remastered, but I can't deny that the controls are a bit clunky and unresponsive at times, which is easily noticeable by someone whom played the NES game an embarassing high number of times in the past. If Crash doesn't control as tight as he did in these remakes, WE'RE gonna notice it right way. If this is most likely a game for the fans, it must more of anything, play right, because goddamn it, I already know it's gonna look GREAT. And sound great too if they get Josh Mancel on board. So please, VV, playtest this, playtest this with the hardcorest of the hardcore Crash Bandicoot fans. Take Sonic Mania as an example, The Taxman programmed the controls exactly like the original games, in fact, some people are even saying they are BETTER than the Genesis games...

And speaking of remakes, does the New n' Tasty plays exactly like the original Oddworld game? I know the remakes were made by the same studio as the originals, which would be kinda hard to fuck up, but anyways.

• Thumbs Up 2

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 1:30 PM, Jango said:

The only risk I see in re-programming the code is fucking up the controls. Crash 2's controls are fucking tight as fuck, incredibly responsible as you can land jump after jump without a quarter of a second of delay -unlike it happened in Crash 1- and which is essential in a platforming game. This also made Crash so much more refined and playable than most platformers back in the late 90's.

Agreed. I also found it strange how after perfecting the controls in Crash 2 they reverted back to slippery controls in Crash 3. If they can nail the tight controls from Crash 2 in the remakes for all three games then I can only see high praise.

The way in which Crash feels/controls in 1,2 & 3 is of course part of what makes each game unique. Strangely, if all three remakes control exactly the same with the level design - faithful to the original trilogy - designed to match the controls, then it could lead to all three games feeling too similar and lacking what made them unique. Okay...........I'm ever so slightly overthinking this :D

I'm itching to the know the release date. Just imagine if the remakes are released at the same time as Sonic Mania. I won't be able to decide which to play first! XD 

• Thumbs Up 2

Well if they're just straight remasters, after all this building up, refusal to go into depth, and purposely going back in forth in terms to throw people off, they'd really have it in for the fans to get people excited for just remasters.

So, do you guys think a trailer could roll up at the PlayStation Meeting, this September 7?

Game was announced in June, I think the time is right for a reveal trailer or at least a picture. The PS Experience is only in December, which would be a gap too big if they want to keep people interest on this.

14 minutes ago, Jango said:

So, do you guys think a trailer could roll up at the PlayStation Meeting, this September 7?

Game was announced in June, I think the time is right for a reveal trailer or at least a picture. The PS Experience is only in December, which would be a gap too big if they want to keep people interest on this.

I'd expect anything to come up only next year, to keep interests and focus from Crash fans only on the Skylanders level and toys

On 8/23/2016 at 8:30 AM, Jango said:

And speaking of remakes, does the New n' Tasty plays exactly like the original Oddworld game? I know the remakes were made by the same studio as the originals, which would be kinda hard to fuck up, but anyways.

New 'n' Tasty is pretty faithful to the original in terms of level and character design, main music themes, atmosphere and how most of the game mechanics work, but it's not exactly 1:1 and do share some blunders here and there (For example, Abe's rolling is too slow in New 'n' Tasty which makes some meat grinder sections much more difficult to pass through than it needs to be, and Sligs and Slogs have some of The most Ridiculous hitboxes, reaction time and priority I've ever seen in a video game which is in need of fixing when Oddworld: Soulstorm eventually comes out).

On 8/23/2016 at 8:56 AM, BenderMania said:

Agreed. I also found it strange how after the perfecting the controls in Crash 2 they reverted back to slippery controls in Crash 3. If they can nail the tight controls from Crash 2 in the remakes for all three games then I can only see high praise.

Even though it does make more sense to follow Crash 3 physics (because you'd expect your momentum to follow through as you jump forward when letting go of the controller where Crash 2 had none of that) I'm in the same boat as you and wish they'd go back to the tightness of Crash 2, if only for the fact that I'd also like to see how Crash 1 would look like with Crash 2's Neutral Slide Spin. 

Which got me thinking, I wonder if they're gonna just have Crash 1 Crash know all of his Crash 2/3 abilities or if he's just gonna learn sliding and body slam out of nowhere when he reaches Crash 2 levels and so forth, that's if this is supposed to be all one game... I wish they revealed some info already.

On August 23, 2016 at 2:16 PM, KHCast said:

Well if they're just straight remasters, after all this building up, refusal to go into depth, and purposely going back in forth in terms to throw people off, they'd really have it in for the fans to get people excited for just remasters.

If you're thinking of touched up ports of the games then no. It can't be remasters of the original games. This has been in development as far back as late 2014. It wouldn't take this long to simply touch up the games. 

In regards to that, it should be noted that on LinkedIn a bunch of people from Skylanders Superchargers were moved around the same time to another team, and those listings imply that the Superchargers team has become the Crash Remastered team -- one of the people moved over is a "Cinematics Animator". 

True, touch up textures and stretch the screen to 16:9 can be done using an emulator. Admittedly, for a PS1 game, Crash looks incredible with those AA filters on. That's because almost everything was made with polygons, such an amazing feat for a 90's game.

In any case, I doubt this is the kind of treatment we're getting.@CrashRatchetFan already explained it and I also lurked around Vicarious Visions' employees profiles on LinkedIn. Only one guy updated his page adding the Crash Remakes to working projects so far, but we have reasons to believe that the Superchargers people are involved with Crash.

And to prove I'm not bluffing...

image.jpeg

Do you need a guy to animate cinematics in an HD remaster port?

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Wait, 2015? So these remakes started development last year indeed.

Longer than that. Late 2014 at best. 

If the remasters/remakes look and play anything like the Crash content from skylanders...

Spoiler

Then I'll jump with joy and play the hell out of them! =D

The Crash content alone already makes me REALLY consider getting skylanders just for it.

1 hour ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

If the remasters/remakes look and play anything like the Crush content from skylanders...

Hide contents

Then I'll jump with joy and play the hell out of them! =D

The Crush content alone already makes me REALLY consider getting skylanders just for it.

Crush Bandicoot add-ons, eh? Heh, didn't know they were including Crash's "brother" XD

• 2 weeks later...

The official Skylanders Youtube channel posted two videos to celebrate Crash's 20th anniversary.

One showcases 20 references they added to the game.

Can you spot all 20?

Anyway, the second one is a small little celebration video done in a vertical format most likely for other social media websites.

• Thumbs Up 3

Happy birthday a day late you orange goof! Thank you Sony, Naughty Dog, Universal Interactive Studios, Eurocom, Traveller's Tales, Vivendi Universal, Vicarious Visions and Sierra for making my childhood awesome. Special thanks to Jason, Andy, Charles, Joe, Mark, Josh, Cerny, and many others, for their effort and dedication, despite all odds and trouble the first Crash Bandicoot brought, they released a fantastic game that only got better and better.

Kudos to Traveller's Tales for going in the opposite direction and creating a game that even with lots of flaws, it's one of my favorites.

And major kudos to Sony and Vicarious Visions for bringing our bandicoot BACK the way he deserved. Can't wait to play these remakes next year.

Happy birthday, Crash! Keep on spinning!

There you go! Today will be playing the original Crash from the beggining to end! (God help me when I reach Sunset VIsta).

Spoiler

IMG_20160910_105758_zps5ufjjwyz.jpg

Edit: That's a wrap!

IMG_20160910_151628_zpswyjmbkyz.jpg

Well... despite being excessively hard some times, it's not as much as I used to think when I was 9 years old (I'm 23 now). Also, this game throws 1-ups at you like a motherf*cker, I got to the third island with 95 lives. But there's one level that I can still say it's quite unfair, you know it: Slippery Climb. A single checkpoint crate? It's a good challenge today, but back then, oh man... I did died 10 times today D:

Fun facts:

Beat Hog Wild on my first attempt and even got the gem.

Died only 6 times in Sunset Vista, my karma back in the day.

This game is still freaking beautiful and colorful, I absolutely love it.

The music in Crash 1 is sublime at times, the theme for the dark temple levels is soooo good. I've always thought it sounded Harry Potter-ish :D:D

I've finished my run with 8 gems and a key, 71% ;)

Final note: there's nothing more satisfying than that "chomp" sound when you grab a bunch of fruits together <3

• Thumbs Up 7

Since last week I've covered the very first game in the franchise, today I'm gonna give it a spin on:

IMG_20160918_112815059_zpsesjazdhq.jpg

Crash 2! My personal favorite :) Again, I will not aim for the 100%, just a cool and relaxed playthrough one of my favorite games of all times :D