Awoo.

Injustice 2 - Every Battle Defines You (PS4/XB1, May 16th 2017)

Junko

From those silhouettes at the end, it looks like Raiden is joining as a second MK rep and Black Manta is also coming. (With those two, it's kind of hard to hide them. XD)

well the injustice 2 mobile app has started to release across android and ios systems. for anyone that plans on getting the mobile exclusives skins I recommend you get an early start before the main game hits next week.

and speaking of the main game we finally have images of the ultimate/season pass exclusive premeire skins and shaders thanks to the xbox one store. as well as some interesting details in the description for the 1st Fighter pack

reverse flash: Special skin that turns The Flash into Reverse Flash - includes new appearance, moves, and dialogue.

Reverse Flash Premiere Skin

powergirl: Special skin that turns Supergirl into Power Girl - includes new appearance, moves, and dialogue.

Power Girl Premiere Skin

john stewart: Special skin that turns Hal Jordan Green Lantern into John Stewart Green Lantern - includes new appearance, moves, and dialogue.

John Stewart Premier Skin

gods shader: The Gods Shader Pack grants access to recolor the entire equipped set of gear for multiple characters.

(note the white glowing eyes)

Gods Shader Pack

demons shader: The Demons Shader Pack grants access to recolor the entire equipped set of gear for multiple characters.

(apparently this one gives characters pale white skin and black eyes)

Demons Shader Pack

and finally fighter pack 1: Fighter Pack 1 grants access to 3 new playable characters, as well as additional skins.

Fighter Pack 1

If you guys don't mind, I'll be posting videos from the mobile game on here because there's a channel that has to have at or above 10-20K per Injustice 2 video or it's not going to make it past August. In fact, if you can, share the vids on other sites you know of. Be sure to include links to both channels if you do. 

In fact, I'll go ahead and link them. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmzwIHGPWtxd3SgNG9qlctg

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQMbf4NfHCJO0WP8NpSqgCA 

• 3 weeks later...

wipes dust off the injustice 2 topic*

well we got our first gameplay look at red hood today. (also the fighter pack is set to release in june)

and tomorrow a new multiverse event will show up with WW's new movie inspired gear

Image result for injustice 2 wonder woman

Well, having played the game for a couple a weeks, I guess now is as good of a time as any to do a post on my thoughts.

The basic fighting gameplay is solid. Haven't really ran into a single character that is either too good or too weak. While there are definitely characters that are easier to learn than others, they are all viable if you know how to use them. The rest is the refined, strict, and solid MK gameplay the series is famous for.

I know I made some comments in the past about the game not looking very good (visually) from the trailers but I'm glad to say that most of these issues have been ironed out. The game looks fantastic in motion and it's all supporting 60fps. Outside of anti-aliasing and resolution, I'm actually ok with this not being on PC for the time being. I mean, I still want it there at some point but it's not a priority as the game holds its own even on the standard PS4. Though, the facial models on some of the in-game characters still look a bit rough (like Catwoman for example) but they seem to use different models entirely for the pre-rendered story cutscenes so it's not an issue there.

As for character selection, I'm pretty pleased with the roster overall. Though, I do find myself questioning a lot of inclusions here. Especially with who they took away from the first game. Why is Bane still here? Who thought it was a good idea to replace Deathstroke with Deadshot? Why is Raven gone? Who the fuck even asked for Swamp Thing or Atrocitus?! I don't know, it's not the strongest roster out there but it's definitely not bad when all is said and done. Plus, I imagine everyone's mileage on it will vary.

The extra modes are actually pretty well implemented too. The multiverse is a good way to level up characters without going online and offers new challenges often. Plus, the AI simulator is a great way for new players to learn exactly what makes certain characters work along with aiding in hard to beat bosses. I actually just learned about that feature a couple of days ago. I think I gained some extra skill in beating the multiverse challenges myself but damn was it frustrating. If I had known that I could stick in my leveled up character with the AI and have it do them... yeah, the game is playing itself but damn would that headache be non-existent. Speaking of which, the AI in this game in no joke at all. It will kick your ass at even medium if you don't know basic combos and timing.

The gear is a mixed bag. I do appreciate the overall scope in looks each character can get to (that was one of my initial worries when that first trailer showed up and all the armor looked samey). You can make any of the heroes look fantastic and have them be powerful as all hell going into multiverse with enough patience. Play more as the character you want to upgrade and you can get specific item drops for them which basically makes getting good gear just a matter of playing the game.

Though, this leads to probably one of my biggest issues with the game and that's the way abilities are dropped. You get two abilities once you fully cap your character's level at 20 which means that in order to obtain the rest of their respective abilities (each hero having around 5-8 of them in total), you have to rely solely on loot boxes. While loot boxes aren't hard to obtain (don't even need micro-transactions or the like), this is a major issue if you happen to see an ability you want for a character as getting any ability at all is a rare case. Let alone getting one for a specific character. I myself was a huge Nightwing fan of the first game. It just so happens that there's an ability for Robin that gives you Nightwing's staff and makes the entire character play like he did from the first game. Guess what I've been trying to get to drop for the past two weeks with no luck? I've opened well over 4,000 boxes at this point. Yeah, needless to say I think the way they handled this part of the game was piss poor. With every other customization option you have a way to fast track the rng or downright earn it but with abilities? Nope, better hope you're one lucky s.o.b.

As for the story, I can't say I felt as strongly positive with it as I did with the first game but it was a neat, cinematic, Justice League experience in all. I do wish it would have allowed for more characters to have been playable during it. If the story doesn't want you playing as Bane (and it never does), you won't. Another thing is that this story doesn't really explain most of the events from the first game. More specifically, where a large number of the cast ran off to and why they're not present here. Also, from a narrative perspective, I can't say I agree with how the ending was handled. Without spoiling, they leave the door wide open for a sequel in more ways than I think they're even able to handle honestly. Plus, I don't know what the writer's issue with Wonder Woman was but she is just beyond unlikable here. More so than even Superman or Brainiac like damn. Honestly, she's the main villain of the story.

So yeah, overall this is one solid fighting game that I'd recommend to anyone who's into the genre or even generally likes DC characters (excluding Wonder Woman). Bonus points if you weren't a fan of Nightwing from the first game.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 5 months later...

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

I am... Honestly shocked. 

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were the last thing I ever expected for a Netherrealm game. 

What the flying fuck I'm so hyped I haven't touched Injustice 2 ever since I beat the story mode. 

That is awesome, sigh I’d love to play, but I’m stuck with a faint hope of a goty edition coming to switch next year