Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

welp thanks to sonic I've managed to beat the simpsons level in about 8 mins 20 seconds.

(I'll have to test what other levels sonic can speed though with little help required)

The guys behind this sure must have loved all the SA2 themes and stage music.

They went back to that well quite a few times, but I'll admit I was smiling when Knuckles kept repeating "don't let it hit ya move" while he was scrapping with some Eggpawns.

lol

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Scape said:

I once heard a theory that the lyrics in SA2's level music were the relevant player character's inner monologue.

You could think of it that way.... particularly so with Knuckles.

All his stage theme lyrics were relevant enough to the current situation to evoke that kind of mindset. Shoot, Death Chamber's theme features a conversation between Sonic and Knuckles right in the middle of it.

On 20/11/2016 at 0:59 PM, Ruki185 said:

Couldn't exactly describe how this happened. Both of my vehicles spawned, I noticed that the Tornado was going slightly out of bounds, hopped into it and then I was out of bounds. It's not a big deal to get there in Marble Zone, but I couldn't do it again in Lost Labyrinth.

It's really not that hard. I recorded this on my first playthrough of the Level Pack. It happened exactly as you described. I'll give this a play again to see if you can get it consistently.

19 hours ago, Scape said:

I once heard a theory that the lyrics in SA2's level music were the relevant player character's inner monologue.

... that's not cannon?

Well, only all of Knux's levels have song lyrics in them. Sonic's 1st level and Shadow's 2nd level are the only other levels with lyrics in the song.

18 minutes ago, FReaK said:

so..has anybody found the building plans for the alternate vehicles yet?

Deep in this playlist, you'll find the answer you seek. That's how I managed to build all the forms even though I don't have the game.

Papa bless @Ruki185

• Thumbs Up 2

ah i just looked it up, you can actually upgrade vehicles...just got the game for the sonic pack, thats why i didnt know that. thanks for that soni.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Soni said:

Don't you like need to upgrade the vehicle to unlock the forms?

You need the instruction book in order to upgrade. So it saves the Toy Tag on the Toy Pad.

huh no idea if I'm missing anything or not but as far as I can tell outside of the starter pack characters the only necessary figures I could come up with for the lego dimensions sonic hub world were.

• Tom Cruise/ethan hunt
  • 3rd rebuild of IMF scrambler (ethan hunts motorcycle)
  • a tracking character (scooby,shaggy,jake,owen and marceline)
  • water spray/parseltongue abilities (harry/voldmort)

I know that more characters are needed for the level pack. but coming from a guy who owns all the year 1 sets I  find it odd that really only 2 sets need to be purchased in order to get all the gold bricks in the sonic world.

This is something crazy i realized, Now we know in Lego Dimensions, Generic sonic ish music has replaced the iconic tracks in the Classic stages. Now for Green hill, Chemical Plant, Metropolis, Labyrinth, (It's actually been replaced with Lost Labyrinth from Sonic 4.) Carnival Night, Ice Cap & the Death Egg, this makes sense, as the tracks are not owned by Sega. But why do Sandopolis, Lava Reef, and Hidden Palace have generic tracks then? doesn't Sega technically own these tracks like they do with the Adventure era music? if they do, why doesn't Sega let them use it? but if not, then could the legal mess currently surrounding Sonic 3 & Knuckles be a much much bigger thing then we thought it was?

5 hours ago, BlueBlur91 said:

This is something crazy i realized, Now we know in Lego Dimensions, Generic sonic ish music has replaced the iconic tracks in the Classic stages. Now for Green hill, Chemical Plant, Metropolis, Labyrinth, (It's actually been replaced with Lost Labyrinth from Sonic 4.) Carnival Night, Ice Cap & the Death Egg, this makes sense, as the tracks are not owned by Sega. But why do Sandopolis, Lava Reef, and Hidden Palace have generic tracks then? doesn't Sega technically own these tracks like they do with the Adventure era music? if they do, why doesn't Sega let them use it? but if not, then could the legal mess currently surrounding Sonic 3 & Knuckles be a much much bigger thing then we thought it was?

Probably just for consistency in the Overworld, honestly. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question: I am interested in the Sonic aspect, but not the rest of Lego dimensions. I assume that I will still need to buy the starter pack (i.e. the Sonic Level Pack won't work on its own) - is that correct?

Also is the starter pack the only option for getting started? The price ranges between £55-£80 (for WiiU), so it seems quite pricey. Are there any other options for getting started which have less content?

Finally, I have access to WiiU and Xbox 360. Which is the better version?

@big_smile Yes, you need the stater pack of Lego Dimensions as it comes with the Game Pad that's needed for it. You don't necessarily need to play the main game, but you do need the Starter Pack as it is not sold separately.

And I can't really say since I have the PlayStation 3 version, though I heard it froze quite a bit on the Wii U version.

@Haalyle Thanks! 

Apparently the starter pack occasionally gets discounted to £29.99, so I'll keep my eye out for the next discount. Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Why do people insist on this music conspiracy theory; that SEGA don't own the rights to Sonic music. Green Hill Zone's music in particular has been used in all kinds of recent Sonic games and Sonic spinoffs. Sonic Mania is an obvious example, but Sega Superstar Tennis is another key example.

And if Sonic 3 and Knuckles' music is such a no go minefield, why is it being sold on Steam with unpatched music?

43 minutes ago, Pixel said:

And if Sonic 3 and Knuckles' music is such a no go minefield, why is it being sold on Steam with unpatched music?

Sonic 3K on Steam is simply an emulation of the original game. The music isn't being used in any new ways that would go beyond what was agreed back in the 90's. Any sort of 3K remaster/remake or uses of various tracks outside of the original game would need any licensing issues to be dealt with first which SEGA seem to be playing the long game with because of how complicated it is.

• Thumbs Up 1