Awoo.

Sonic is Coming to Lego Dimensions "Gotta LeGo Fast!"

Badnik Mechanic

Got a starter pack for $40 price matched from Amazon today... I recommend getting it asap, setup takes about an hour and the update files are LARGE. 

Speaking of updates, any current players on PS4 (not sure about the other consoles yet) will probably notice that the game has a few new updates that seem to affect DLC progress.

Namely, the individual DLC updates (not the main or save data updates) seem to be removing all progress you've made in that world. Depending on what Year 2 packs you may have, this can be either a small or massive annoyance.

1 hour ago, Sr101 said:

Level playthrough coming soon from this guy, apparently it took 2 hours? Nice! 

who cares about easter eggs at the 0:13 mark the best sonic character in the franchise shows up in lego form :D no world is safe from his pointless tutorials now....

I hope they later release full collectable LEGO Sonic sets... They don't even need to tie into Lego Dimensions. I want to own EVERY Sonic character LEGO figure IRL... plus 10 Blaze figure copies. p:

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it me, or did Knuckles sound weird? 

And Amy spoke with her Boom voice? that's a lot better than the other one she used till Lost World.

Either way HYPED!!!

1 hour ago, Legendary Fusion Kahuna said:

Is it me, or did Knuckles sound weird? 

And Amy spoke with her Boom voice? that's a lot better than the other one she used till Lost World.

Either way HYPED!!!

Sounds like all the voice actors are just doing their Boom voices for this game. Then again, it has been a few years since Lost World's voice-over was recorded, so they're probably just more used to voicing the Boom versions at this point.

Damn, the references. Basically everything Sonic blabs about is a reference to past games: "Let's get this party started" (as said by himself in Sonic Heroes, right at the beginning of Egg Fleet), "I can really feel the sunshine (Sonic R), "Oh yeah, this is happening" (his first line EVER in a game)... He also comments on Elise in another video when they're talking about princesses.

Can't wait for the full playthrough.

EDIT: WATCHING A PLAYTHROUGH.

MY GOD. THE WALLS. THEY'RE GONNA BE BROKEN.

Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 2

Man, this is so good. I'm glad that TT could go totaly nuts with the writing on this one, since it's just a glorified cameo. The humor is 110% self-aware, inside jokes.

HOLY CRAP:

Spoiler

OH MY GOD, THEY'VE ADDED S3&K'S HIDDEN PALACE TOPED WITH THE SUPER EMERALDS,THE DOOMSDAY PANNEL AND EVERYTHING!

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, if you ever wanted:

Marble, Labyrinth, Metropolis, Carnival Night, Ice Cap, Lava Reef, Sandolopolis, HIDDEN PALACE and even more...

in Generations back in 2011...

RG0BS1U.gif

This is closest you'll get :D

The only bad thing is, and it's funny to say this when we're talking Sonic, the music. It's very underwhelming, weird remixes of the original songs. Thankfully some tracks are straight from old games, like Eggman's theme from the original Sonic Adventure (God, I've missed that song).

2 hours ago, Yoshi the Party Pooper said:

Anyone else thinks that Big sounds like Patrick Star?

Oh, and Shadow's voice still sucks.

Yeah, they need to change Kirk

4 hours ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I hope they later release full collectable LEGO Sonic sets... They don't even need to tie into Lego Dimensions. I want to own EVERY Sonic character LEGO figure IRL... plus 10 Blaze figure copies. p:

You are a funny one, blaze figure. Funny joke. 

- Weeps internally -

3 hours ago, Shadowlax said:

You are a funny one, blaze figure. Funny joke. 

- Weeps internally -

At first I didn't know what you were referring to since I was just talking about if LEGO ever did full collectable sets and not anything the LEGO dimensions game was doing... but then I looked at the wiki for the game... Is this really the whole list of Sonic characters that appears in the game?

Spoiler

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Amy
Doctor Eggman
Omochao
Shadow the Hedgehog
Big the Cat

I'm kinda disappointed if so... because I thought I read somewhere there would be 20 characters that'd cameo... not 6 and a half. :Y

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

I'm kinda disappointed if so... because I thought I read somewhere there would be 20 characters that'd cameo... not 6 and a half. :Y

You have no idea, mate

no idea

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Lord-Dreamerz said:

At first I didn't know what you were referring to since I was just talking about if LEGO ever did full collectable sets and not anything the LEGO dimensions game was doing... but then I looked at the wiki for the game... Is this really the whole list of Sonic characters that appears in the game?

Hide contents

Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Amy
Doctor Eggman
Omochao
Shadow the Hedgehog
Big the Cat

oh trust me there's more then just those characters in the game (not 100% sure yet if there is around 20 non-badnik characters though)

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

oh my GOD

That's the best thing I've seen all day, lost it when they bought Sonics fear of water on this holy shiz.

2 hours ago, kirby1up said:

oh trust me there's more then just those characters in the game (not 100% sure yet if there is around 20 non-badnik characters though)

Are they somewhere else in the game outside of Sonic's world? I just watched over a hour of video of the world and besides enemies like the badniks or...

Spoiler

The Sonic bots, Metal-Sonic and Chaos.

otherwise I'm not seeing anybody.

And is it just me? Or is the Sonic level pack almost kinda LEGO Sonic Adventure 3? The playground hub-world is really cool, I feel like it's close to the right way to make a semi-open world Sonic game. The jokes are really pretty great.

Spoiler

My fave joke is when Shadow pulls out a gun and Knuckles grabs and throws it... as a matter of fact it was just the other day I suggested almost the same kind of joke to be made for Shadow on season 2 of Sonic Boom.

I feel like this LEGO Sonic level pack is almost a better version of Sonic Generations in some aspects, but not in every-way of course.

• Thumbs Up 2