Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog: 25 Year Anniversary Panel "Livestream link in OP"

Badnik Mechanic

I always find it interesting when I can watch stuff like this. Definitely should be good. Five hours left.

I'm at work today and don't finish until 8pm. What time does the stream start UK time, about 7? Sorry if it's been mentioned already.

2 minutes ago, Stasis said:

I'm at work today and don't finish until 8pm. What time does the stream start UK time, about 7? Sorry if it's been mentioned already.

8:30 UK time man.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/21/2016 at 6:34 PM, Detective Hogfather said:

No, this has been mentioned by Arron Webber, there is not going to be a game announcement.

Like I said, I'm kinda expecting a small hint or vague teaser image ala Lost World's at the end, but who knows...

I like how on one side of the table it's suits and serious coffee cups.

On the other it's casual Fridays with soft drinks!

• Thumbs Up 9

My favourite part was when Aaron's fanboyism was overridden by Sonic Team's fanboyism. 

• Thumbs Up 3

So I missed a good deal of it, but from what people are telling me on Skype, it really wasn't much anyway.  Fire & Ice release date (assuming it doesn't get delayed again) and the explanation for the numbers was... well, less than satisfying.

Another Sonic event is going to be hosted on July 22 at the House of Blues in LA and is going to have Crush40 and maybe other guests.  Maybe an announcement for something of interest will be made then?

Twas a fun stream, I didn't have much expectations but at the very least we know there's something going on in July. It was pretty cool how all of these major players of Sonic got together in one place.

• Thumbs Up 1

I loved the event! 

It was just so nice to see Naka, Iizuka, Pollock, Smith and Webber all in the same room! And a nice but bumpy (and hilarious) roadtrip through memory lane! Webber was just perfect all the way through, he's just so lovable and savage at the same time! Love ya @RubyEclipse!

Really sucks that they only had 45 minutes, I wished it lasted longer. Oh yeah, we got a teaser for Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3, hopefully directed by @Roger_van_der_weide.

But yeah, glad to see a release date for F&I and will pick it up on the first day

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, True Detective Soni said:

I loved the event! 

It was just so nice to see Naka, Iizuka, Pollock, Smith and Webber all in the same room! And a nice but bumpy (and hilarious) roadtrip through memory lane! Webber was just perfect all the way through, he's just so lovable and savage at the same time! Love ya @RubyEclipse!

Really sucks that they only had 45 minutes, I wished it lasted longer. Oh yeah, we got a teaser for Big's Big Fishing Adventure 3, hopefully directed by @Roger_van_der_weide.

But yeah, glad to see a release date for F&I and will pick it up on the first day

Yeah, that's really my only complaint. The event felt at least a half hour too short. For what we got, though, I had a good time.

I'll be honest, I just can't buy that they're holding off on a game announcement until near the end of July. If they do that then it either means:

• They're pulling a 10 Cloverfield Lane and springing the announcement as late in the game as they can for the sake of surprise.
  • The next main game isn't coming this year.

Neither of those really seem like options they'd take unless they're being brutal with the "improved quality" thing and the anniversary game really wasn't up to scratch.

I'd say wait and see what this April 1st thing is first. For an anniversary year, a pretty big one at that, I'll be really surprised if we haven't found out by the time E3 has come and gone.

• Thumbs Up 1

Technically we have a cake right on the date of the 25th anniversary in Japan.

But it's Mario and Sonic. 

Hey there. So, some of you may have noticed that there were a bunch of Webdings characters on the top of the screen during the Big the Cat cameo screenshot from Sonic Adventure 2's intro. Well, I translated them.

Cd8LarEWIAAqaEe.thumb.jpg.6419da3bfc1ce1

They become "May the best dance in the Juno bridal" which is... A reference to this. It's a line from Luv(sic) Part 4.

I have no idea why they're referencing this but I figured people wanted to know.

may.thumb.png.2c0612f9aacd7193f2851f308c

• Thumbs Up 4