Awoo.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles -- Platinum Games "Tara has been kicked from the game"

Badnik Mechanic

Really? Huh. His line sounded like Peck to me.

Do we know the voice actors for everybody?

Not 100%, but Nolan North is confirmed as Leo, Splinter, and Shredder. Krang also sounds a lot like Steve Blum, so I wouldn't be shocked if it was him.

• 2 weeks later...

So it seems that Gamestop is the way to go for pre-ordering, as in addition to the Rock 'N Roll costumes, a Gamestop pre-order will also net you...

10pdhck.jpg

This gorgeous poster featuring new art courtesy of Mateus Santolouco!

DANG. Makes me wish that I had a PS4 already so I could justify pre-ordering this other than just to get that poster. :lol:

• Thumbs Up 3

On 5/5/2016 at 11:42 PM, Super CC14 RPG said:

So it seems that Gamestop is the way to go for pre-ordering, as in addition to the Rock 'N Roll costumes, a Gamestop pre-order will also net you...

10pdhck.jpg

This gorgeous poster featuring new art courtesy of Mateus Santolouco!

DANG. Makes me wish that I had a PS4 already so I could justify pre-ordering this other than just to get that poster. :lol:

Do you have a PS3 or 360? I thought it was coming out on those...

I do and it is, but I want to get it for a current-gen console to ensure I get the best possible experience. Also, I'm getting a PS4 later this year for Kingdom Hearts 2.8 anyway and I need all the games for it I can get. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

If you intend to get it either way, couldn't you pre-order the PS4 version, and then play TMNT Mutants In Manhattan when you get it?

On another note, I wonder if this is why IDW Turtles hasn't had the same art-style since Issue 50. Maybe he was busy working on Mutants in Manhattan?

I could, but my cash reserves are a little low, so I'd rather just wait than buy a game I wouldn't be able to play until the end of the year for a shiny poster. XD

9 minutes ago, Super CC14 RPG said:

I could, but my cash reserves are a little low, so I'd rather just wait than buy a game I wouldn't be able to play until the end of the year for a shiny poster. XD

Don't worry. I'm sure the poster will end up on Ebay or something sooner or later.

Yeah, most likely. It's no problem, though, as I'm kind of running out of room for posters anyway. XD

41 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

If you intend to get it either way, couldn't you pre-order the PS4 version, and then play TMNT Mutants In Manhattan when you get it?

On another note, I wonder if this is why IDW Turtles hasn't had the same art-style since Issue 50. Maybe he was busy working on Mutants in Manhattan?

Santolouco does work for Marvel and other publishers, too (I admit I don't really follow his work outside of TMNT, though). He might have done some work on this game on the side while working on the comic, we just wouldn't know because NDAs and all. And it's not unusual he gets switched out every so often.

Raph trailer with stealthy slashes and Stone Warriors!

• Thumbs Up 1

They make up the team with one other fellow, Raphael Leonardo, the leader of the bunch.

• 2 weeks later...

Game has broken street date, so playthroughs are starting to hit YouTube. Above is the Bebop level we've already seen, but with new intro and between level cutscenes. Mild spoilers ahead.

The wise man bit made me laugh. XD Also, that is TOTALLY Steve Blum as Krang.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is the game any good? I'm hoping it's at least Transformers Devastation quality.

I don't even care about the length at this point; I don't have as much free time as I used to, so I don't mind a short one to blast through. Just give me something fun, and I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

According to people who got the game... it's not that great.

Voice cast, for those interested:

2uek6ki.jpg

King Arthur from SatBK is Donnie! Welp, guess I'll have something else for Gavin Hammon to sign if he ever comes back to OMGcon. XD Also, Raph is played by someone I've mostly heard being a stand-in for Jack Black in Kung-Fu Panda projects and I was right on the money with my guesses for Krang and Rocksteady's voices. Funny how RS's voice is the only role reprisal (From the Nick show) and he still manages puts a different spin on it for this universe. That dude is talented.

9 hours ago, Detective Hogfather said:

According to people who got the game... it's not that great.

Good, but not great, or bad? I'm expecting the latter to be said, but I didn't expect super amazing quality.

Yeah, the game overall is basically as bare-minimum as Devastation was, with basic environments, stages, mission types, story, and the like. People are especially freaking out over the game being 5-to-3 hours long, too, which is silly considering it's a Platinum game, with open-world multiplayer, no less. (The 30fps part did catch me off guard, though, I'll admit)

I'm not exactly trusting the opinions on the gameplay until I see the high-level, or at least decent, videos first, though. Was especially worried when the two guys who got the game early said that the gameplay was Platinum's worse, as they played other games from them before. But when I actually looked at the gameplay vids from one of them, he reeeally didn't play well. "Dying every minute" kind of bad, never using the dodge and bare-minimum aggression against the boss.

The gameplay could still be sub-par, and I'm still concerned about it, but you've got to be actually good at the gameplay before you can call it anything, at least. And considering that it's the main point on whether this will be a bad, average, good, great, or amazing game, I'm gonna wait until we can actually determine that ourselves before crying Korra.

Little low on funds at the moment, though, so I'm gonna wait and see this time around before diving in.

• Thumbs Up 3

So, yeah, Neogaf is blowing up about the game's single player right now. Apparently the gameplay and combat is great, but the content itself is reportedly repetitive and tedious in single player, like having a mission of defending something for 3 minutes on your own multiple times, or the bosses being very repetitive, hectic, non-personal and meatwall-ish, all because they're designed around multiplayer. And I'd agree, if the previous videos are anything to go by.

However, no one was talking about the co-op element of the game, so when a stream by some Platinum regulars was posted, I decided to pop in for a watch.

I came off with pretty negative impressions at first because so many of the enemies were meat-walls, the stages seemed to have cheap-one-shot attacks, and the health was so low even these veterans were dying due to the slightest damage, but then they said that they were playing the game on very hard mode... while their characters were at the base levels/combos/health... Who does that? :L

So overall, this mode looked really fun to me. Everyone was eventually competent enough to take down enemies faster than the AI did in other clips, ganging up on such sparatic bosses as a group looked tons of fun with the team-up moves, the new dodge mechanic looked really new and weird yet fun, (apparently parry and a new "roundabout" feature are in it somehow, as well?) tons of hectic gameplay elements like purchasable weapons, level turrets, barrels, and area mechanics like roaring trains and trampolines really made the action on-screen utterly crazy, and it was clearly designed with all this in mind. So I'd say it looked pretty good, all things considered.

Keep in mind I am saying "looked", but at least the guys in the stream thought it was pretty cool where I ended, and had gotten pretty good at it. (besides the level I came in on)

So yeah, I'm guessing if you're going in to play a single player game, it'll likely be just slightly above Korra, if only because of how fun the bosses are, but overall really boring or even bad. Multiplayer, though? Looks to be an absolute blast.

--------------------

Impressions from the news sites still aren't up yet, though. Looks like review codes weren't sent out till today. Hmm.

lol how the fuck! This is the PS4 version and apparently the Xbox One version is worse!

So apparently the online for Xbox One is completely broken as the netcode or something isn't compatible with the Xbox One's online service.

What a farce.

Oh Platinum...

They clearly don't throw their best people at the licensed games, do they? I heard some decent things about Transformers, but not Korra. Scalebound must be using up their best people and resources. 

The game still looks like it would be fun with friends for however brief it may be, but not something I'm going to shell out $50 for.  I'm still a teensy bit curious and want to give it a go.  Any word on how the PC version runs?